• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Stick has Arrived!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
The postman didn't know what hit him....I tackled him when I saw that little white package in his hands.....hehe....he probably thinks I'm some weirdo.....he's probably right..

I'm very happy with the stick. It's such a little thing, and absolutely adorable. Vapor production is huge! What a cloud! And even though I know there's a cutoff built in here somewhere, I'll be darned if I can hit it.

I will have to sand down my existing atty stock, as they (from Ruyan) are just a biiiiit too large to fit in the chamber, but not an unsurmountable task, as the outside band of the atty is just plastic. Even the atty from Janty is snug.

The battery topper is a simple screw-on disc, and this does worry me a bit...if I lose that little bit of steel, the Stick won't function.

The included USB cord IS shorter than a regular passthrough, but seeing though I usually don't use a passthrough, this shouldn't be a problem.

My main issue with the SD was the cylindrical shape....it rolled. The stick obviously doesn't have that drawback..

will the Stick become my new best friend? Only time will tell if it will replace the Kissbox in my ecig case (for now I'll carry both) but initial observations are very promicing.

At this point, I would say well spent money, and well worth the hassle of the initial order.

Way to go, Janty!!!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Cool, cool, Vicks!! Nice review! I want one!

You can get USB extensions,,,,if you feel you need one. It sounds like the battery will last a while on a charge though, so as you said, you might not need to use it like a passthrough.

Just remember, this review is based on a few hours of usage....the shine hasn't rubbed off the brand new penny, yet.

I will post observations in a week or 2, once I've given it a fair go and driven it around the block a few times.....kicked the tires, and such.

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
Just remember, this review is based on a few hours of usage....the shine hasn't rubbed off the brand new penny, yet.

I will post observations in a week or 2, once I've given it a fair go and driven it around the block a few times.....kicked the tires, and such.

Just WHAT exactly did you do to get a J-Stick, or for that matter, A Klondike Bar?8-o

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Just WHAT exactly did you do to get a J-Stick, or for that matter, A Klondike Bar?8-o

Yea.....that signature continues to get me in ALL sorts of trouble....:D

Lets just say it involved.....um.....ice cream

and.........a janty stick

well....there was kinda......an accident

involving

<dramatic intake of breath>

a TUBULAR object...8-o

Oh, the shame....I can't go on!!!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Vicks I hope you enjoy your new "Stick"(hope you are not trading your Broomstick in!!):)The Wiz!

I think it's posessed, Wiz....I keep hearing little voices in my head.....echo'y, wheezy, asthmatic voices....

They say: release me........release me!

What do you think that means?

VelvetVisions

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Waukesha, WI
I have heard others mention the attys fitting being an issue. Wonder why they didn't make it a little wider? Guess it would get people to buy more of their attys. :)

I totally agree on the rolling around part though, mine always seem to get away from me. LOL

I'm also wondering how easy it will be to clean out the compartment where the atty goes. I'm guessing you may get juice in there since the atty goes in that compartment. Any thoughts on that or am I totally envisioning it incorrectly? :)

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I have heard others mention the attys fitting being an issue. Wonder why they didn't make it a little wider? Guess it would get people to buy more of their attys. :)

I totally agree on the rolling around part though, mine always seem to get away from me. LOL

I'm also wondering how easy it will be to clean out the compartment where the atty goes. I'm guessing you may get juice in there since the atty goes in that compartment. Any thoughts on that or am I totally envisioning it incorrectly? :)

No, your vision is spot on....I should be able to stick a rolled up piece of tissue in there to wipe up any excesses...

The atty compartment is VERY snug...the Janty attys fit, barely, and the ones I got from Ruyan...but not the ones I got from Parked. Those I can either sand down or just keep for the Kissbox.

Playing with the stick all night, I didn't feel the need to go to the KB, so...so far, so good. Still knocking about on battery life...as I would put the stick on the USB and let it pull power when I wasn't using it. I'll know more about that tonight....its coming to work with me, and I'm not taking the cable.

More later....

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I've gone a full day's use, now, with the stick.....and I continue to be impressed...

Where with the Kissbox, I would have to swap out batteries once or twice during the day...I hooked the stick up to the charger in the am to top off the charge, and vaped all day....no troubles. It is a sweet performing little device.

When I do charge, I can still use it, which is HUGE. Just plug 'er in, and yes, I do have to sit at my laptop, but that's not a worry when I'm out and about on the forum, anyway....this gives me another excuse to be here :D.

Loving the vapor production, too. I can make some nice, thick clouds which is one of my biggies to replace smoking.

I think my Kissbox is going to get jealous..... :D

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
That's great, Vicks!!

And it feels good in the hand & easy to hit that switch??

I can't wait to see it live!!

The manual switch was placed well when they designed....it's super easy to run.....nice tight compact design fits very well in the palm....you're going to adore it when you can see it in action, Mlr!

My observations 2 days into use..... only 1 small setback on the design....I can't put it comfortably between 2 fingers when I drive (like an analog), and that FINALLY dawned on me yesterday in the car....I was jonsing for something I just couldn't put my finger on until I switched back to the KB... midway through the drive it dawned on me that that's exactly what I was missing....the feel of that cylindrical object sitting between my index & middle finger.....always just how I held the analogs.

But, as design drawbacks go, this is minimal for the stick...I'm still loving the little darling!

Addiction is just soooooo funny like that.... all the little rituals and such just for a hit of nic! Sheesh!

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I've had the stick for over a week, now, and the shine has, indeed, worn off the new penny.

I still like it, but I'm not AS enamoured of it as when it was fresh, new, and exciting. The Kissbox will still be my pal.

There's really nothing I can pin down as to why it's not a fav.....unless it's the whole "not round and cig feeling" between my fingers.

Performance wise, it's awesome. I can use it all day on a single battery without a hiccup or drop in power. It does pretty well in draining the carts, so I don't have to drip all day. With a bit of use, even the initial issue with the carts not fitting is going away (perhaps a bit of overspray on the paint job in the atty chamber has worn away with insertion???)

Don't get me wrong, the stick is a lovely device, and is certainly a highly recommended unit in my opinion, but will not be completely replacing the Kissbox I have grown to know and adore..

Enjoy!

NekoGurrl

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Muskego, WI
You could be right about the feeling of having the cigarette form, when I couldn't smoke at work, in a looong boring meeting, I would find myself playing with my pen. Noticed it today while driving, I would play with my Dura between vapes.

I'm still waiting on my Stick order to ship, hope to have one in the coming weeks. Till then have a new 801 kit on it's way from Parked that should keep me occupied.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Addiction is just soooooo funny like that.... all the little rituals and such just for a hit of nic! Sheesh!

YES!! It's like I always need it in my hand while driving! Don't have to vape, just have it there!

And speaking of addiction...or I guess more of a habit - I miss my 5 minute "breaks" - walk away from everyone, be by myself for even a few minutes. Ever since I got the PV last month, I hadn't done that! So, Sunday, I grabbed my new love (I got a 510 about 10 days ago), went out on the deck for about 5 min and came in...and it felt like the old days!! I was refreshed and ready to start hearing the next round of "Mooooommmmmm"
(actually; just joking; I dont' know who's kids I have, but are pretty well behaved....must take after their father LOL).

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I think that Stick deserves an award for innovation for the feature that allows the usb cord function as a charger or a passthrough.

I read your feelings on it, Vicks, and decided to order a 510 for this months purchase. I'm gasping just thinking about that little fog machine on it's way!!

It seems like the Stick is a little pricey for what you get,,, but it would be nice to have something that uses cheaper batteries that lasts longer, though.

I keep wanting to make a couple of mods, but none of my batteries have died yet. I have some dead 801 batteries coming though,,, hopefully I can make one out of those.

I think I have that "something between the fingers" thing, too.

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
I got my 510. I like it's vapor production, but I have to say the battery life is a true frustration with it. It does pump out a lot of vapor, but it generally doesn't seem as flavorful as with my 901 or 402.

I've been looking into battery prices for mods, and I have changed my mind about Janty Sticks being pricey. I'm kind of regretting getting the 510, and wish I had gotten a Stick, or put the money into some batteries for the mod. I now have three different chargers going constantly, and have a mess of different stuff. I get through my vaping day, but I think I've reached the point where something that has a longer lasting battery sounds like it would be simpler.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
I'm sorry to hear that the 510 isn't all you had hoped, Harmony....that
seems to be the trade-off for these things - want a small, compact product? You're going to trade battery life. I cycle through 3 batteries daily on the KB - I can't imagine what you're going through with the little ones!

I got my 510. I like it's vapor production, but I have to say the battery life is a true frustration with it. It does pump out a lot of vapor, but it generally doesn't seem as flavorful as with my 901 or 402.

I've been looking into battery prices for mods, and I have changed my mind about Janty Sticks being pricey. I'm kind of regretting getting the 510, and wish I had gotten a Stick, or put the money into some batteries for the mod. I now have three different chargers going constantly, and have a mess of different stuff. I get through my vaping day, but I think I've reached the point where something that has a longer lasting battery sounds like it would be simpler.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
The stick is really starting to grow on me - I switch off between it and the KB, leaning more into the stick depending on my mood because now I'm getting more into throat hit....and the stick delivers that - in spades. I'm now what - 2 weeks in? - and am getting accustomed to the hit the stronger batteries produce.

From the look of things in the Janty forum, I must have gotten a better one of the first production run - there were various problems with other users, ranging from dead USB ports, overloading batteries, disfunctional switches and leaking. Mine does have some seeping issues, but not major (yet), and everything else is working fine.

I still recommend the stick - It's a little darling with a ton of vapor production and dead-to-nutz dependability - the tradeoff being a bit less flavor, here - but the throat hit is fabulous....so long as I'm into that kick, the stick will be near-to-hand. But I don't blame anyone for waiting until they iron out the buggies - and Janty does have a history of just that - first production runs always have issues!

My official reccomendation: I would say - give it another month to get the manufacture down straight, iron out the wrinkles, and get through the "something new" hysteria - then get yourself a unit.

And, although I promised myself I wouldn't, shouldn't, couldn't - I just pre-ordered the prodigy (sigh). I think half my addiction is just getting the new toys!!! and the heck with the nic! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread