The Story of a Prodigy in the Wrong hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
A funny story about a prodigy..............My brother decided that he would try and get a used one to save some money. He bought one from someone here on the ECF for 60 dollars. It is a V3.0 instead of a V3.1. He is in NY and I am in TN so I was not able to look at it right away but he said he was having a hard time with it and that it did not work well. So just a couple of days ago he sent it to me in the mail.

The idiot who owned it before my brother (who I was referring to as "wrong hands" in the thread title) did some modifications to it. Obviously that person had no clue what they were doing.

What I found was the post in the center of the connector cap was pushed down over an 1/8" from where it was supposed to be, the mod was absolutely filthy, and there was a hex cap screw in the switch end instead of a flat head brass screw, which I believe is normal for the V3.0, but someone had ground the end of the screw and it looked like a train wreck.

I took it to work (as I work in a machine shop) and took it apart. I cleaned it really good and replaced the plastic piece and screw on the switch end with a flat head brass screw and a new spring holder plastic piece. I also pressed the center post in the connector cap back into it's proper position. I then put 2 freshly charged Tenergy LifePo4 batteries in it and it now vapes like a champ.

I vaped on that baby all day Saturday and still am vaping on it today without failure. :vapor:

The moral of the story - Sometimes trying to save $25 will cost you more crap than it is worth. The prodigy is a very well built mod and is priced very reasonably. If you know someone who wants one, just tell them to buy it new.

CV :2cool:

P.S. And for heaven's sake, if you have a problem with your prodigy, let the fine folks at puresmoker.com know about it so they can help solve the problem. Do not try to modify your prodigy as you will more than likely make any small problem you are having into a much bigger problem.

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Chainvapor!

Awesome story, and happy to hear you were able to fix the modifications/issues without problem :)

We get tons of grungy devices back all the time. Most of the time, they need a thorough cleaning. Some people don't even wipe down their devices from time to time -- The juice accumulates, hardens, and turns everything black. We normally clean them as a courtesy, but I do so with gloves on, denatured alcohol, & lots of qtips/wipes.

Some people keep their devices in magnificent condition. These are the ones we don't normally see back.

Just a tiny bit of maintenance goes a long way. Something as simple as breaking down the unit once every couple of weeks, and wiping it down with some water will make a world of difference :)

Hope you have a great week Chain!

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
Hello There!

Yeah, I completely breakdown my prodigy about once a month and clean it all. This is an extremely user friendly mod to break down and clean. I already have a guy at work who just recently bought 2 prodigy v3.1 mods for him and his girlfriend. He could not be happier! I recommend the Prodigy to anyone looking for a rock solid mod that performs reliably everytime it is used! Thank you again for such a great mod. Hope you have a great week too!!!!!!!!

CV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread