the supertank atty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
i noticed all of the current mods and custum us pvs like the prodigy and chuck all use existing atomizer hardware for parts

but if your machinging steel anyways, how had would it be to create a new atomizer coil?

and what if it were heavy duty, like BIG - and fit down into the case of the chuck/etc - so that not only did it produce more vapor, but also was able to hold a bigger pool of liquid. i find it super-hard to believe that this is impossible and am just curious as to why no one has engineered something like this, or even a reserve tank that could regulate flow to a smaller atty within the unit

come on people, i know u can do it!

ButchBoy

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Northern California
please do ask - you know we are all curious

i just imagine that since i can get a good 15 hits off of 2 drops, that i would be able to vape for quite a while with an atty that held a ml inside of it and self dripped.

Did you perform some kind of voodoo ritual on your atomizer to get it to do that? I'm gonna try sticking some pins into an Imeo doll to see if that helps mine.

Butch

kno

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
i made this diagram to kinda show what i was talking about - i saw some guy posted about a similar device and the diagram helped me understand what he meant - feel free to comment on why it will/wont work.

im sure other things could be introduced into the supertank to stop leaks spills etc

but is something like this possible? that's the question!

Fragile

Jul 19, 2009
Ingolstadt Germany
Some users in the German Forum are currently working on an atty that can be repaired easily and can be build in different sizes. Finding a body around it should be the most easiest thing.

Here is the Link: It´s in German but the pictures should explain themselves Elektronisches Rauchen Forum

EDIT:

DAMN!!! I forgott that you have to be registered there to see this sub category... Sorry people...

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Now that the reservoir plug mod is working quite well.... there would be absolutely no problem with making a cartridge that has a liquid capacity that is 2 or 3 times larger than we we currently use. There are no technical challenges. It will work.

If I ever find any free time.... I will fire up the lathe and mill and make myself a 901 cartridge that is 2x longer than the stock one.

Winace

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC
please do ask - you know we are all curious

i just imagine that since i can get a good 15 hits off of 2 drops, that i would be able to vape for quite a while with an atty that held a ml inside of it and self dripped.

Not quite so. The blue foam plug mod is kind of a self regulating cart mod. It keep the saturation of the bridge at 100%. When dripping, the liquid is dispersing over the area of the bridge material to create an equilibrium. The trick is getting the bridge at max saturation without flooding. The blue foam plug has me using 10ml per day now. I was using 3ml with poly. Now every hit is a good hit, and I have no leaks like I did with polyfill.

When dripping, the fluid is gravity fed to the bottom of the mesh basket but it will never achieve full saturation after the first hit, unless you have a "resevoir" replenishing supply (like a fluid chamber in the cart). Whether you notice or not, each successive hit while dripping gets weaker, until you re-drip of course. Hitting 15 times of one drip will also burn byproduct of the juice to your coil and lessen life span. A fully saturate bridge allows the coil to run cooler and increase battery life because less time is required for each hit.

Winace

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Now that the reservoir plug mod is working quite well.... there would be absolutely no problem with making a cartridge that has a liquid capacity that is 2 or 3 times larger than we we currently use. There are no technical challenges. It will work.

If I ever find any free time.... I will fire up the lathe and mill and make myself a 901 cartridge that is 2x longer than the stock one.

Been there, done that ;-) Works great. My cartridge is the same size as my battery (510 manual). It holds about 2.5ml and uses a pen body for the outer shell. I centered a drinking straw in the pen body using the blue foam to pack it in. I placed a piece of suran wrap over the straw end and inserted blue foam to plug the end. Crude model, but works awesome. I now have a "Zebra" 510, and a "Sprint" 510 (these were the pens I used, lol).

PS. Adjust the amount of blue foam to pack the straw adjusts pull. I leave an open area for air passage so vapor is not being "filtered". If you have the tools Scottbee, you can make an adjustable rotational vent to adjust pull. That would be frickin awesome. If you build one, even a standard one, let me know. I would love to have a cart which actually press fits into the atomizer (a pen is slightly small, fixed by a piece of tape).

Last edited:

skydvejam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
New Sweden, Maine
I have pondered this, but it is going to take some work, and some high tech gadgetry. I have looked more towards toys that are "smoke" makers, and looking at there attys.
Now once I get home I will be looking at our attys, and taking a lot of measurements, and deciding what is the best attributes of each one, and where it is not so good, as well as several fluids.
Then I will look at what I can do to get an atty that will heat up quickly, a way to keep it at the perfect temp, most likely through measuring resistance. A pump that is small but reliable and variable, and build the proper circuit.
Whew, that is a bit, but thankfully, most of the work on what it will take has been done for me, just a few quarks, and a lot of engineering, and measurements of what is really happening in those attys that makes them good, great, or bad.

mithorn

Jan 14, 2010
Upstate, NY
I'd also recommend checking out the german forums for ideas, they are working on some pretty crazy ( and mighty impressive!) stuff over there. Dual coil atomizers with a 1coil/2coil switch for adjustable vapor production. The "bombinette" by Bulli which is very much like an AFS tank. A complete mod in a package no longer than a house key with 380mAh and a 15 drop liquid capacity called the smiley2 by Raidy. I believe he also has a circuit design up for a board that modulates the amount of power that is sent to the atty coil by pulsing the current that is variable from 10-100% . He's got a few Youtube video's up of some of his prototype attys in action under the name of Raidysmoker (sorry, not enough posts yet to link :( )

I only wish I spoke german to understand it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread