The tale of the indestructible REO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombitedesade

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Plymouth, uk
Gather round gentle readers as I act as your guide through the treacherous waters and tribulations that is, one silver, slightly beat up mechanical mod named the reo grand. Pull closer now dear reader, close to the fire, warm your cockles and perhaps help yourself to the brandy as I begin my tale...

here the UK, we are having perhaps the greatest heat wave / summer I can remember in years. Of course this in-itself isn't all that relevant although it does rather set the stage for today's tale. Myself and my wife set off In search of a nice swimming spot, we've spent most mornings, afternoons and occasionally evening going for a good swim across many of Cornwall and Devon's fine beaches on a near daily basis as of late, today would see us venturing further afield towards Sidmouth and the great Jurassic coast along Somerset county.

failing to find a suitable spot in the rather warm but windy seas, we decided to travel back on ourselves a little and down towards the Devonshire coast again and ended up in Torquay. The seas were still a little rough and choppy, but at least we were treated by glorious red sands and not, as previously large rocks and stones. In I popped, into the gloriously warm yet violent seas, believing as I did my shorts free of all paraphernalia.

shock then as I find myself greater by 2ft surf and a large unmistakably metal item in my pocket. Slam, the wave hits me right over and I'm well and truly submerged. All the while I'm wondering just how much of an effect sea water might have on my reo grand (and only source of vaping I had about me at the time). After our rather brisk swim I fear the worse as I take the mod out and shake it to find an alarming array of water and sand pouring out of every compartment.

somewhat enthusiastically I attempt to vape the poor thing. A mouth of salty sea water was my reward for this. Back to the car then and I'm thinking, that's it, this things gonna need a new atty and probably a new battery at least, not to mention the near 10mls of Ry4 is likely ruined. We are driving along as I'm busy trying to dry everything out and I discover my two boxes of unused battery's (thankfully saved from the watery abyss). I put the new 18650 bat in and really didn't expect much to happen. Lo and behold however it fired up! The atty still blooming worked!

ok so my Ry4 had an unmistakable salty aftertaste to it and my juice was likely contaminated, but I had right there something to vape till I got home some 2hrs drive away. God bless this little thing!

to think, earlier in the day I Seriously considered taking the MVP itaste instead of my reo.... That would have been a disaster I fear. REO's then = indestructible little things, things that can even survive salt water it turns out!:D

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
This would be me. I now just leave my good mods at home or in the house or I wish I did. I'm so forgetful! I use the handful of eRolls for out and about but I will also say I do grab my reo if erolls aren't "ready" since that tends to be an almost daily duty. There are two things I consider when for out and about. I love your shiney white door and I really really do!ecard ake extra care ( which i should be capable of doing at MY age for crying out loud) and the other is this thing has never failed me unless the battery is dead, it'll do. What I'm trying to say is I like it enough to actually be more careful with it than my tubular mods." Rockets "are a necessary embarrassment. I just don't really feel right with them in public. But the Reo I'm proud to display. When I went to have lunch with my daughter visiting Portland from So Cal I chose Reo to take for seeing her after two years. Weddings and such....Reo is it. I do want a vv Woodville but he's suspended making them. When he makes some ill be set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread