The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Taryn Spin: How To Make A Lanyard For Spinning KR808 Cartomizers

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by SnowDragon, Aug 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SnowDragon

    SnowDragon Moved On ECF Veteran

    Jul 28, 2010
    Boise, Idaho


    This can also be done using 3-4" piece of 3/8" PCV tubing and 3mm nylon chord which is readily available at Home Depot or Lowes. Personally I prefer the PCV tubing or Hanger Dowel for easy access.

    :2cool:

    To see more videos visit TeamKR808: *************************************
     
  2. zoiDman

    zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

    Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    That is good.

    But to get the Maximum fill you need more power. Something like this...

    [​IMG]
     
  3. zoiDman

    zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

    Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    BTW - Just to be clear. I can't take the credit for this Cordless Taryn Spinner. It was invented by another member who's name escapes me.
     
  4. Spazmelda

    Spazmelda Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Aug 18, 2011
    Ohio
    I came up with another use for this. I have a go-go, and I had loaded one of the 3 ml cartos with a flavor before testing it in a smaller volume. Turns out I wanted to add some sweetener to it, and I was mad that I'd wasted 3 ml on a carto and didn't want to vape it.

    I put the carto open side down into a 15 ml conical centrifuge tube and capped the tube.

    [​IMG]

    Then I spun the tube and carto in a sock. The centrifuge tube caught the juice as it was slung out of the carto. I had to repeat it 3x to get all the juice out, but it allowed me to save most of the 3 ml and add it back to the bottle so I could sweeten it.

    Just thought I'd mention that here in case anyone else ever ran into that situation. Probably everyone else is smarter than I am and doesn't load a 3 ml carto with an untested juice :blink:
     
  5. SnowDragon

    SnowDragon Moved On ECF Veteran

    Jul 28, 2010
    Boise, Idaho
    Hey it happens....I have run across brand new dud Cartos on occasion that I filled with a Go-To juice. A Go-To juice that I had very little of and was out of stock. Too bad you can only get about 75% of the juice back out as the other 25% is simple saturated into the fill material. A portion of this video does show how to perform a reverse Taryn Spin to empty cartos too.
     
  6. Spazmelda

    Spazmelda Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Aug 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Oh sorry. I skipped through that part obviously.
     
  7. plarkinjr

    plarkinjr Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Nov 4, 2011
    Texas
    Here's a technique I just concocted which allows me to do 3 to 5 carto's at once:

    Take a small pill bottle about 1" diameter, and 1.5" tall. heat an ice pick and punch a hole in the lid big enuff for one end of paracord or shoelace. Thread the cord thru the hole and put a knot on the inside. Drop a few quarters in the bottom of the bottle, then 3 to 5 cartos in the proper orientation (you can do reverses and forwards at the same time). Put the cap on and spin. This method does not work well for fewer than 3 at a time because they want to lay down sideways if there isnt enough in there to keep them upright. I suppose you could stuff some papertowl in beside a carto to do fewer than 3.

    ETA: Use condoms on the ends of the carto's for the first spin, then remove them and put a few squares of toilet paper in the bottom of the pill bottle, for another spin.
     
  8. ThreadKiller

    ThreadKiller Ultra Member ECF Veteran

    Feb 19, 2012
    AGFFA
    I just take a latex glove (the kind that comes in a box of 50 or 100) and spin it with the carts in the finger holes. I can do at least 3-5 cartos with it. Spin it 10 times one way, 10 times the other way. Put in more juice and repeat.

    I've gotten 35 drops of juice in blank cartos that way.

    I call it the Squirrel Twirl. :) Quick, cheap and easy.
     
  9. zippersnapper

    zippersnapper Moved On ECF Veteran

    Mar 18, 2012
    My "david and goliath" method:
    DSC01838.jpg
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice