The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The Totally Wicked Tornado - Day 1

Discussion in 'Standard E-Cigarette Reviews' started by debook, Feb 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. debook

debook Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2010
    CO
    Hey all, just wanted to post my experience today receiving and starting to use my newest PV, the Totally Wicked Tornado. There seems to be a lot of buzz about this style of PV on the ECF lately so hopefully this helps those wondering about it. My head is swimming a bit from trying a lot of juices and carts today so bare with me...:rolleyes:

Wicked-TORNADO E-NI or Electronic Nicotine Inhalator Black.

I went with the TW rather than the Janty for my own reasons, they are the same device and from what I understand Janty gets the design kudos on this one. With the TW you get 2 atomizers but the Janty has a much faster USB charger and better warranty. Personal preference applies as to which features suit you better.

I ordered the kit late Thursday night and it arrived around noon today (Monday), so TW's shipping gets a thumbs up from me.

The overall package is wonderful on this one...TW really puts together a nice box:
    [​IMG]

As you can see you get 2 batteries, 2 atomizers, 1 cone cover, the charger and power cable, a charger adapter, and a childproof bottle containing 10 pre-filled cartridges of TW's Tobacco flavor in varying strengths. I also purchased the rapid USB charger seen on the left because, really who wants to wait for batteries to charge...? Also included was a cloth carrying pouch with the TW logo which is a nice touch and wasn't listed on the site as being included.

Initially I put one battery on the rapid charger and one on a 510 charger using the included adapter. The USB charger took a little over an hour while the standard charger took just under 3 hours. I am not sure how much charge was in the batteries to start, but this seems about in line with what other eGo / Tornado users have reported.

After clearing one of the atomizers and dripping a bit to get rid of the nasty flavor, I put one of the high strength carts in, took the first few drags and since have proceeded to vape pretty heavily tonight through several different juices. Oh man have I been impressed, the Tornado has a great focused draw that has just the right amount of resistance, really good flavor, and loads of vapor. The throat hit is really nice, not too strong but warm and full, but the better quality e-juices come through much better, whereas on the 510 it was less noticeable. I also don't have to draw on it as long as a 510 to get really good vapor from this. It will not take long to get used to using this.

The overall unit is very nice, the cone keeps the atty heat contained, and I really like the size of it - like a small cigar but feels really substantial.

Many here on ECF complain about the button and I see what they mean. It does feel a little flimsy and the indent in it is a little weird. I also kind of miss having an LED on the end of the battery, the white light under the button will take some getting used to. Instead it has a metal end cover with the TW logo on it, but it's upside down if I keep the button on top...seems like a swing and a miss on that one.
    Both batteries are like that...?

Another issue is that this goes through liquid pretty fast. Using a PTB cart, I was topping off more often than with a 510. I've got a BFD in now which seems to be doing better, even with a pretty thin Flue-Cured in it and no flooding the atty.

I am well past where I likely would have gone through 2 510 batteries and it is still going strong on the first charge. I imagine it will be tomorrow before I get the other battery on, which is the main reason I went for the Tornado and so far it doesn't disappoint. It may use the same carts and atty as the 510 but it doesn't feel the same at all.

What I find funny is that as impressed as I am with it, my wife was completely not impressed. She'd rather stick with her 510, probably something to do with the association to the size of a normal cig and the weight of the Tornado. As long as that was not an issue for someone, I could easily recommend this PV (or ENI as TW calls them).

So there's my first day with the TW Tornado, it will be interesting to see what I learn over the next few days and weeks using it. I think this will be my workhorse PV, but I'll still use my M201 when I want a slower vape with a strong flavored juice. Can't wait to try the Halo Harley56 in the Tornado though, I'm hoping that becomes my go-to combo.

Attached Files:

2. seenred

seenred Unregistered Supplier

Thats good to hear, as I'm waiting for my TW Tornado to arrive. Please post and updates of suggestions as you continue to Vape. Also, let us know how often you have to fill the carts and clean the Atty's.

Everyone has their own method of Atty cleaning and length of life. These are great points that would be great to hear about.

3. Kelemvor

Kelemvor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
    Germany NRW
    maybe its the brand new atomizer or maybe you are not used to vape an original joye atomizer, the device is not the cause. ;)

4. debook

Jan 20, 2010
    CO

mmmm...could be, probably has a lot to do with me not being able to put it down yesterday too :D

I did order some TW Mega Atty's and carts which should be here later in the week. I'm hoping that helps a lot.

5. matrixdutch

matrixdutch Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2009
    U.S.
    How long does one battery last?

6. River

River Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    Independence, KY USA
    yeah the tornado/ego rocks... now I have to go check my box because if the pouch was in there I didn't see it.

EDIT: nope no pouch, oh well I prolly would not have used it anyway.

In my order I purchased 2 extra cones, one black and one platinum just to see what it would look like in plat.

7. laurieok

laurieok Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 3, 2009
    Ohio
    I also ordered the tornado and I absolutely LOVE it!! :) I use several different pv so I gave one to my co-worker to see how long the battery would last. This person,who I knew would use it exclusively, started on Saturday morning about 11 and when they came to work on Monday morning it was still going. He is buying one today! I am impressed, he was impressed. I heard of 12 hours, but this lasted a lot longer. I really don't call him a heavy vaporer, but he isn't a really light one either. I ordered and received it 3 days later!

8. scylla

scylla Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2010
    Illinois
    Been using my Tornado about a week and with the blue foam mod it's a real treat to use. Beats the crap outta my v4l vapor king as far as vapor and batt life. A little lacking on flavor, but that's fine with me.

Now I just wish someone would come up with a lanyard or other devise so I could hang it around my neck. I don't care for having it in my pocket, too worried about pressing the button accidentally.

9. asidrave

asidrave Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2009
    New Jersey
    I placed my order about 30 minutes ago with TW. i ordered a white tornado with an extra cone and mains charger adapter. there are soo many positive reviews on this device that i had to get it :)

10. raqball

raqball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    I have had mine for about a week now and here are my observations...... I 1st started vaping about 6 months ago on a Blu... I was a pack and a half a day smoker before that... I quickly ditched the Blu for a 510 and was in love with everything about it, except for the battery life and the fact that after the battery degraded a bit the throat hit and vapor production started to take a serious hit in the wrong direction...

I had 6ea 510's and 12 atty's that I constantly rotated... The battery on a full charge would last me about an hour... I got so tired of charging the batteries I bought a VP-PT for use while at home... (LOVE THAT THING!!!!)

Now comes the Tornado/ego.... WOW... It's a 510 on steroids.... I get about 6-7 hours of heavy vaping on the battery but what I love even more about it is that the last vape is just as good as the 1st... No degradation whatsoever in regards to throat hit and vapor production.... I have the mega atty's and mega carts and am loving them paired up to the Tornado...

I ordered 3 extra batteries (I now have 5) and 4 extra cones (i now have 5)... I have 6ea mega atty's (the extra is for my VP-PT).... So I have 5 complete Tornado's... I rotate them as the batteries need charging and all the batteries and atty's I got from TW work great right out of the box... No issues whatsoever...

The rapid USB charger takes about 1 1/2 hours to charge a dead battery and the regular charger (the one that's included) takes about 4 hours to charge a battery...

Now all I need is a good case to carry my Tornado, a 3ml bottle of juice and an extra battery (just in case) and all will be good in my vaping world...

The Tornado is a 5 star product!

Hope this helps and hope I didn't step on the OP's toes with my mini review in his/her thread....

11. Amish Ed

Amish Ed Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Lake Forest, CA
    I got my Tornado on Friday (ordered Monday night), got most of my liquid from Mist-Stix on Friday also (ordered Monday night). I was really happy it came so quick and was vaping within 15min. This is my first PV and I have no plans to change. I tried one cheap one at a tobacco shop, it was worthless. Tried a No.7 (one hit) and that was OK, but that was the reason I started researching e-cigs.

The Tornado is amazing. Great TH and the amount of vapor surprised me, seems like more than an analog. Since friday each battery (I have 3) has lasted 12hrs with me vaping enough to not need analogs. Not sure what heavy vaping is considered, though. Also, vapor and TH never changed, one minute it was working and the next the led was blinking and the battery was dead.

The flavor and TH seems great for my mint and orange from Mist-Stix. The clove (also from Mist-Stix) seemed weak on both counts, but was OK. My lemon from TW seemed OK on the TH, but tastes like a lemon cough drop (ordered some vanilla from Vermont to mix it with). I'm not sure if it uses a lot of liquid as this is my first PV. I've basically just been adding a few drops every hour or two. But, I have gone a few hours without topping off and not had any problems.

While I'm not analog free yet, I've cut it in half with out trying and when my last pack runs out on thursday I won't be buying more unless the urge gets bad. I figure I'll take it like I do weight loss. I've lost 85lbs in the last 2 years with another 15 or so to go. I'm not going to freak out if I slip, I'll just go forward again. I figure it'll take a month or 2 to be analog free.

There is a reason I'm saying all this in relation to the Tornado though. It's that I doubt if I had bought a device that needed a fresh battery every couple of hours and had weak TH and vapor that I would be thinking like this after a few days. The Tornado is just easy to use and you don't have to worry about weather you have enough batteries to make through a day away from a power supply. Good job to Janty for designing it and TW for selling it and getting it out so quick. BTW, the reason I went with TW is because they had extra batteries and carts. Janty had neither.

12. debook

Jan 20, 2010
    CO
    Not at all...the more reviews the better, those that are thinking about getting one benefit from hearing many users reviews - pros and cons.

Still loving this thing, vaping some Red Bull now....got about 10 hours of heavier than normal use from the first battery, second is on now and the first is already recharged. That is exactly what I wanted out of this PV, the battery life rocks. The fact that it is so consistent through the charge is just an added bonus. For my use I doubt I'll need another battery until one of these dies.

13. raqball

Jan 22, 2010
    Maybe I am wierd but I actually like the look better without the cone on it... Kinda looks like a baby little chuck... Sorta.... :)

I have not noticed any difference whatsoever vaping with or without the cone.... For some odd reason I think it look awesome without the cone....

Silly me...

14. Slighter

Slighter Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2009
    Chicago Illinois
    Does any one have and like the platinum? TW US is sold out on black. River?

15. moog

moog Super Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2009
    I bought the battery, fast charge usb and a cone. Then a 501-901 adapter as I'm not a fan of the 510. The battery life is really good and the 4075 atomiser is perfect...:)

16. Jasonlowe

Jasonlowe Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2009
    East tx
    I Ordered my tornado on Thursday and it arived Monday. I put one battery on the charger and loaded up the second with cola 24 mg,omg this thing is amazing it blows my 510 away. The uncharged batt lasted about 3 hours with heavy use, the charged batt lasted 7 hours with heavy use. At work with moderate use it lasted 12 hours. The tornado will not dissipoint you.

17. Chris1111

Chris1111 New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Just wanted to chime in since there's no point in doing a seperate review. I received my Tornado Friday evening, and have not had an analog since. My Halo Freedom (24mg) juice came saturday and thats what Ive been running. The Tornado completely blows away the old DSE901 I had. I am very satisfied with this PV, batteries last me about 6-7 hours of heavy vaping.

I never thought I could go this long without firing up a cigarette but it really has helped me and I feel better and more confident as a result. To anyone on the fence about ordering a Tornado/eGo, DO IT. My next purchase will be some Mega carts and attys, as I find myself re-dripping my cart every couple hours or less.

I do have a question, how often should I clean my atomizer (and how do I?), and how often should I switch carts? I have basically been refilling the same one for 3 days. Thanks

18. rfphill

rfphill Full Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Iowa
    Heya all, first time PV with eGo, a first for everything. I went with Janty and because I was stoked to get my first PV (after lurking around and researching off and on for a few months) I ordered with 3 day shipping. I got it just about two weeks ago, and only had one analog since then. That was only because I was at a friends family get together and there is three smokers there that helped me kill my eGo battery and the Joye 510 I bought from CigNot to use as a loaner to convert my friends (and have the back up attys)

I was only a nighttime smoker, late evening, so I didn't have a heavy habit. But this suits me just fine now. I don't even THINK of regular smokes anymore...

Like someone else pointed out already, I just leave off the cone, not sure why, but haven't really cared too much about looks and this is my first so I've nothing to really compare it to, except my Joye 510, which is cool, but I like the weighty feel of the eGo.

I drip only because I seem to get the most bang for my buck that way, the RY-4 carts that came with it didn't seem to bring it for me. But I'll be testing out the blue foam mod soon, to try to understand the experience.

In short, I love that I hit a home run on the first try, and I have this forum to thank for that. All of the generous contributions from you all gave me a huge store of confidence regarding the eGo/Tornado. Honestly I went with Janty cuz I didn't want a picture of a devil on all my stuff, LOL. Janty's came with the pouch with a embroidered logo, but I don't use it. I had to quickly improvise a carrying case for a night out, and I found a sunglasses case that worked perfect for now.

It has totally released me from my regular habit of smoking in front of my gas fireplace (it easily draws the smoke out the chimney and keeps my house smelling smoke free), but the gas bill was certainly taking a hit. Now I vape in the house and my daughter has never once yet asked if I smoked in the house (she hates it!). I no longer have to empty the ashtray at the end of the night. It's totally freeing...

Anyway, the eGo is amazing... I go days and days without having to recharge (because I only use it a few hours a night). I've gone two weeks of mostly dripping and haven't had to clean my atty yet.

The only downside is that I vape more during the evenings than I smoked, I think.. but I'll start pushing down the nic percentage of my juices over time.

All in all... nothing but good things to say about the eGo!

19. Scottbee

Scottbee Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2009
    Okauchee Lake, WI
    Try it with the cone on. It does more than just change the looks.. trust me! ;)

20. raqball

Jan 22, 2010
    I have noticed no difference whatsoever with the cone on.... I prefer the looks of the device with the cone off...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.