The Tree Family - Home of Glassmanoak's Tree Peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good morning Treefam..........
Good luck with that today Count....I am back at it today....(my usual schedule)....
Glad you found your way back @Skold ......

As Tiggs would say..."Catch you on the flip side"......

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
W day done and hmmm... well supervisor on site has been making me do a lot of odds and ends and that makes the days longer, but he likes to also watch silently behind me and checks on me often. We had some side by side work today and he even said I was more accurate than he. I overheard him telling two others he has plans for me and wants to make me higher than wall puncher, so at least that is good.

On another note and not making this up, on the "news" reading this morning. April 6th is national burrito day and some participating restaurants will be giving out free burritos to celebrate...... o_O Does that mean I have another three weeks of pay coming this month? :facepalm: Thanks for the heads up.....

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
Well, we lost today's hearing. Politics was what ultimately won--but with an appointed board of architects, one should expect them to all fall over themselves when the owner of the project's architectural firm--an architect himself who has been involved in several prominent local projects--came to speak. He didn't really say much, but he did enjoy basking in the adulation of the commissioners as the tripped over themselves to speak glowingly of the architecture--all the while ignoring the fact that it provides a fraction of the parking spaces called for in the City's own Municipal Code.

Oh well. Now the project moves to the City Council--and even more politics....

April 6th is national burrito day
I took advantage of that here. My son and I picked up a pair of Grilled Shrimp and Bacon burritos for dinner. Sorry that you'll have to wait around for another year, Tiggs.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Another day of strange stuff that kept us hopping. Got some of it resolved but still waiting on other places to get in the game for the rest of it.
Stopped at Harbor Freight to get some ammo boxes that are on sale. Supposed to be rainy this weekend so I'll probably spend some time reorganizing the bullets.

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Well, we lost today's hearing. Politics was what ultimately won--but with an appointed board of architects, one should expect them to all fall over themselves when the owner of the project's architectural firm--an architect himself who has been involved in several prominent local projects--came to speak. He didn't really say much, but he did enjoy basking in the adulation of the commissioners as the tripped over themselves to speak glowingly of the architecture--all the while ignoring the fact that it provides a fraction of the parking spaces called for in the City's own Municipal Code.
You expected something different from politics? It is no longer different from Federal, to state, and even to city or county.... money speaks. And having worked with so many architects what can I say, the more they make more to spend; they make more money..... so they could care less about the community or area...... Oh sorry about to go there.... hmmm.

Stepping off the soap box before it gets too bad...... so a tune instead.
But no need for the apology, your burritos are no way as good down here in TexMex mix...... Just saying the news is not "New." ;)

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
slm" data-source="post: 19496949" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
slm said:
Rough day here. I'll just leave it at that. Goodnight Treefam.
Mornin all, go ahead SLM you know I do..... yesterday the super did the trick my old boss tried. "During your lunch go to the shop and drop this off and pick this stuff up, then go to the supply shop and get these things." Okay :) and he will find out like my old boss that though I ate on the drive that is not a break and against the law, so going to put (no lunch) on my timesheet and get paid for the whole day. :D

Well finishing getting ready and TGIF, tigg's glad it's Friday; see you on the flip side.

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good morning Treefam.......TGIF only because I get to sleep in.........
Good work Tiggs....yes it is illegal and I am glad you will get paid for his running around...
Sorry @SLM ...I hope today will be better.....
@Skold I couldn't have said it any better myself.......

tiggerrts

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
Texas
Haha :p I was born in to the wrong generation, don't like any of this modern music. Gone well downhill!
You will fit in nicely, well I do like a few modern songs but yes going downhill.
Glad you slept in Blue, and made it to the alarm Count. I still wake at four for no apparent reason right now other than it is habit.
W week done..... :thumb: and even went grocery shopping, tomorrow morning 33 and the door will be open as I wash clothes early again... :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread