The Twurlitzer : My DIY whisk for DIY juices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

maybeshewill

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Tatooine
After some alcoholic refreshment one night, I came across a video of a guy who had made a whisk for DIY juices. The aim was to eliminate the rather boring and hand-cramping ordeal of shaking your liquids in the brewing process.
After further alcoholic refreshment, here's my result/take on this guy's idea.

Qizlh4r.jpg

It's a relatively simple mechanism : An old Nokia 5V type charger (tube like plug), attached to an old computer fan.
The red cable (+) goes inside the tubing, black cable (-) wraps around the base of the tube. I tied some conductive tape around it and put a plastic bit around to ground it and prevent problems.
After using some epoxy glue to place the fan on the surface, I found a shampoo cap and epoxy glued it on top of the fan.
The result is pleasing : It swirls the liquid around, without creating the undesirable bubbles. I'm not sure how long I should let it swirl, but I guess a few minutes throughout the day would probably do.
Now, the cap I've used only fits some bottles, so for bigger bottles, you'd need a bigger cap. But that's fine print.

What do you think? :D

P.S (The bottle of 20ml juice and the eGo 650mah batery are there for size refference)

Last edited:

maybeshewill

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Tatooine
Neat idea!

I am going to build one similar. I think I will find a way to temporarily affix my 10 or 15 mL bottle inside the shampoo cap and mix my juice directly into the final storage container. I'll figure out something to wedge it there. DuckTape is always available.

Thanks for the idea!

Blutack at the bottom of the bottle would probably make it stay fixed inside the cap, I'm thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread