Not open for further replies.

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
Holy Crap!!!!!

Warm vapor, excellent flavor, I am speechless........

I took 2 510 atomizers took them apart and carefully removed the ceramic cup with the coils and installed both coils inside an 801 atomizer shell. I am not going to get into the details of what it took to get them in there but worth all the time put into it. The only negative so far is that the atomizers were used, I should have used new ones. Running it on a magnum mod with 2 3v CR2's. It's like having 2 510 attys in your mouth at the same time, so you could imagine the performance. Not sure how it would be with 2 3.6v cr2's, I'm afraid to fry it...:) . This is my first mod other then battery shells and I am unbelievably excited about the potential for this setup.

Cisco...

Last edited:

Cisco

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2009
NY, State of denial
www.avidvaper.com
The "V-Twin"

OK pictures are back up in the 1st post, sorry about that. I didn't answer any questions before because I really couldn't.I Don't know much about electronics and didn't want to sound like a tard or give out the wrong info. Now that I have the correct info (I think) I will tell what I did. The dual atty in the first post was wired in parallel, running on 2 3v cr2, each atty coil is receiving full 6v, it makes a lot of vapor really, really fast. I made another with dual coils wired in series, running 2 3.6v cr2, the voltage is split across the coils ( 2 coils on 2 3.6v batteries) so it runs at standard voltage per coil, only difference is 2 coils =2x the vapor or the same amount of vapor from one coil in 1/2 the time.

Here is a pic of both attys, 1 in series, 1 in parallel. They look the same but are wired differently under the hood. The parallel atty has both positive coil leads soldered to the center post on the connector and both negative coil leads are soldered to the outer ring on the connector. The series atty has the positive led from one coil soldered to the negative led of the other coil. the positive led that is left is soldered to the center post . the negative lead that is left is soldered to the outer connector ring, basically making 1 long loop.

Cisco...

Last edited:

me5647

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Western PA
I just posted this http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/40286-dual-coil-atty.html

then saw this, nice work cisco I don't believe you got them both in there

in parallel on yours (assuming 510 attys are 3ohm)
Rt=9/6=1.5ohm
I=6/1.5 =4AMPS!
P=6(4) = 24W

series
Rt=3+3 =6ohm
I=6/6 =1A
P=6(1) =6W

Have you tried the parallel one with just one 3.7v battery? I'm interested in the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread