The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

The (un)Official countdown to UFS thread

Discussion in 'The GG' started by Major, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Leave it as it is if you like sweety, no problem. All parts are cleaned with supersounds. But you can clean all the big pieces in case something is left there after the cleaning prossedure or if you want to feel safe because many hands including mine have touch the pieces.

2. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Jan 13, 2010
    Thats what I will do then, Imeo:):)

3. inquisitorj

inquisitorj Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2010
    Santa Rosa, CA
    The only reason that I included the center pin tare down and re-assembly is that I had to do it on my V1 UFS. It is important that you are extremely careful with the tiny o rings though.

4. Zoranth

Zoranth Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2010
    Baldwin, MI. USA
    whiskey, Illustrations of it are also available here as an aid for putting the whole thing back together again:

Zor's Illustrations

5. whiskey

whiskey Moved On

Jan 13, 2010
    Thanks Zor...I now have alot of reading & watching to do...You have all been so very helpful!!!I love the GG family:):)

6. Major

Major Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    Panama City, Florida
    I would have loved to have made such an excellent post Imeo my friend but that is our very good family member inquisitorj who made this. Thank you inquisitir for your very detailed help! :)

7. inquisitorj

inquisitorj Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2010
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Thank you Major. Imeo is a busy guy, so I didn't mind the mistake. You help so much and add so much he porbably just thought you were helping out again. :)

8. Major

Major Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    Panama City, Florida
    No problem my friend. I agree about Imeo being so busy bless his heart. I wonder how many times in a dsay he actually passes himself coming back from one direction or another! :laugh:

Between his attention to the forums, PM's. emails and his constant working on designs and prototypes, I honestly don't see how the man has time to eat or sleep! I bet his wife wishes she had never heard of a PV but I know we are thankful for all he does for us. :thumbs:

9. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    That doesn't even include his day job lol.

10. gredie

gredie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    GG, Austria
    Imeo has a day job too? I can't believe that because there would be no time for that beside his work on GGs and taking care of us at the forums. Does his day have 72 hours? Amazing...

11. jkoppk

jkoppk Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2011
    hanover,PA.
    I wish I had seen this before I messed up my new UFS.When I was putting a new atty in I pulled the center pin down too far and it came completely out.I wasn't thinking o rings were in there so I gave it a push and felt some resistance.I kept going and it popped through then I saw a piece of a micro sized o ring on top the pin.Now i'm waiting for the replacement center pin assembly I bought from COV to get here because it leaks and can't be used.

12. Zoranth

Zoranth Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2010
    Baldwin, MI. USA
    You could have gotten a couple of 2mmx1mm o-rings and replaced them in the original center pin assembly instead of buying a new one. But, at least this way, you can still do that and have a spare as well

13. Rick.45cal

Rick.45cal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2011
    Lakeland Florida
    Don't feel bad, after a month of sitting and looking at my version 1, I finally got a GGTS... on the second tank I did exactly what you did, one Oring broke, and the other allowed it to leak... Accidents happen, don't feel too bad you're not alone ;)

14. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Inq, I was thinking something about Major when I wrote my post :lol:

I am very sorry, I corrected the name immediately!

Your guide has to go on GG wiki to my opinion. Ariel, can you do that please? Something like "a quick-detailed guide for UFS with tips and tricks included"

15. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    My wife says exactly that Major!!! Do you have a camera to my house? xaxaxa. What she tells me is that she prefered me when I was smoking !

16. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I only serve the current insurance customers Gredie. But I am sure that I will stop doing this very soon. My office help me on this very much but many times my input is needed. But its really impossible to do that too. Time to quit!

17. gredie

Jun 23, 2011
    GG, Austria
    I didn't know that. You're a real busy man, Imeo.
    The GG universum is keep growing and insurance companies aren't the big winners this times anyway.
    I bet you have more fun with GG :laugh:

18. gredie

Jun 23, 2011
    GG, Austria
    Ariel seems to be busy, so I made the page on both wikis, Ariel's and ecf. I hope this is ok. :)

Guide to UFS - GG Wiki

19. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I never had fun with insurances Gredie. It was just a job. It was less than a job, it was something to feed my children. GG is a hobby and it will stay as a hobby that gives me the same money as the insurances did. If it turns in a business I will lost my inspiration for sure!

20. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Thank you very much buddy. Very nice job:):)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.