The (un)Official countdown to UFS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

inquisitorj

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
Santa Rosa, CA
Mudd,

Take the whole assembly out of the UFS first, this relieves the pressure. If you cannot get any of it out, use a socket on the flat metal nut first and the a pair of needle nose pliers on the plastic. You will not have to use much pressure, just enough to keep the pliers from slipping. This may leave marks in your plastic though. If you can fit a rubber band between the pliers and the plastic, it should keep from marking the plastic.

Do NOT use too much pressure! You run the risk of breaking or deforming the plastic.

If your center pin is not leaking, I would not even take it apart.

Last edited:

muddstar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Spokane
Pulled the center pin and couldn't replace without tearing one ring. So I had to take it apart, got her done and all is well with my pin. Good thing I have extra rings. Thanks
Mudd,

Take the whole assembly out of the UFS first, this relieves the pressure. If you cannot get any of it out, use a socket on the flat metal nut first and the a pair of needle nose pliers on the plastic. You will not have to use much pressure, just enough to keep the pliers from slipping. This may leave marks in your plastic though. If you can fit a rubber band between the pliers and the plastic, it should keep from marking the plastic.

Do NOT use too much pressure! You run the risk of breaking or deforming the plastic.

If your center pin is not leaking, I would not even take it apart.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Just got mine in, thanks, Big! A simple question that I'm almost embarrassed to ask...I'm presuming screwing the center tank down (into the top of the ggts) decreases the juice amount to the atty, and screwing it up (ha, ha, ha) increases it I (like the air control ring)?

muddstar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Spokane
It's the opposite Clyde.
Just got mine in, thanks, Big! A simple question that I'm almost embarrassed to ask...I'm presuming screwing the center tank down (into the top of the ggts) decreases the juice amount to the atty, and screwing it up (ha, ha, ha) increases it I (like the air control ring)?

Major

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Panama City, Florida
www.ggecig.com
Yep, a 10mm socket is the exact for for both the center pin nut and the top of the power button. Using the method Strpr suggests preserves the plastic. Even if it is tough getting it off the first time, just use finger pressure to re-tighten that delrin insulator cap back down.

Makes it a lot easier to get it off when next it is required too. ;) The good news is if you scar up the insulator cap. Bruce keeps them in stock if you're OCD like me about scratched up delrin inside my GGTS! :laugh:

strprswpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2011
Bronx, NY
www.nymcdesign.com
Yep, a 10mm socket is the exact for for both the center pin nut and the top of the power button. Using the method Strpr suggests preserves the plastic. Even if it is tough getting it off the first time, just use finger pressure to re-tighten that delrin insulator cap back down.

Makes it a lot easier to get it off when next it is required too. ;) The good news is if you scar up the insulator cap. Bruce keeps them in stock if you're OCD like me about scratched up delrin inside my GGTS! :laugh:

I really don't like the idea of using pliers on plastic threaded parts......The gloves actually help on the whole assembly......My GG is a slippery little bugger...lol

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thank you for adding my instructions to the Wiki! I'm honored. I am glad they could be helpful.

You may want to add a note to not take apart the center pin assembly unless it is leaking.

They were so detailed inq. Maybe the best description I have even seen.!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Just a little tip on taking apart that center pin......I used a socket to grap the steel nut and twisted off the plastic nut by hand....using a surgical glove to grip it. Came right off.

Thats a nice trick str. I do that already. Those gloves are not slippery at all and they do the job.

inquisitorj

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
Santa Rosa, CA
I really don't like the idea of using pliers on plastic threaded parts......The gloves actually help on the whole assembly......My GG is a slippery little bugger...lol

I'm sorry, I should have clarified. Only use the pliers on the shoulder above the threads. Never use pliers on threads, unless you don't want them to work any more. The pliers were only if the plastic insulator stayed in the connector after the hex nut is removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread