• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The upcoming smoking ban,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
As far as I know, vaping is NOT blanketed in the smoking ban. The defination of smoking is still defined as burning tobacco (which is as it should be), and vaping was not introduced in its verbiage.

But, I'll do a bit of digging when I get home tonight, just to see what the ban encompasses. FYI - I hate reading legaleeze - gives me headaches :D

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Damn.
I was just starting to search for the person that posted they wrote Madison and got the exact verbage stating e-cigs didn't fall under the ban and I ran across this:

Minnesota Anti-Smoking Targets E-Cigarettes, Tobacco Strips

I'm heading over there Thursday, but I can't leave until the kids are out of school (no; not heading over there for this; I'm taking the girls to see the Taylor Swift concert Friday night).

It says it's just a ban to sell to minors, but if the AHA is involved, you know they are going to go full bore....boar? Either way; they are out to get us.....

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I do believe there was a thread on the MN legislature on the forum which cannot be mentioned.....and yes - it does just close the sales to minors.

The law of unintended conciquences....
While at the concert in St. Paul this weekend, I asked if I could vape in the bar while I was waiting for my beverage order. The other bartender there got all excited to see one, saying he had never heard of them until I read about it in the paper LOL
Since it was a song I didn't care for, I provided a crash course on the eGo & 808 and passed out some cards :D
My little contrabution to society....

Last edited:

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
Anyone wanna watch the WI legislature? Here's a couple of good websites to bookmark:

Choose State USA electronic cigarette ban - ecigs ecigarette

and here's Statesurge

StateSurge.com - Legislative Tracking, Contact Congress and Legislators

This is a way to search state legislature by pulling up keywords. Now, the ALA is getting creative with their verbiage, so just searching for e-cigs isn't enough. I'd suggest searching for tobacco, nicotine, e-cigs, electronic cigarettes, etc..... be creative in your searches, if you're so inclined.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
So far, the bars I have been to have already said they are going to allow them.

I was at a BW3 that is already non-analog this weekend and they said it was "way ok" to vape. Even though I was given the green light, I still kept it at a semi-stealth....well, until I was inhaling and yelped out a trivia answer (we were playing video trivia games) and a plume came right out of me & of course, headed straight to the guy next to me.
I apologized and quickly tried to wave it away. Needless to say, time for a quick demo for him & then the guy sitting on the other side of him that missed the first part. Loved sharing the wealth of knowledge......hated that it cost me placing first in that round ;) LOL

Vicks Vap-oh-Yeah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
West Allis, WI
www.emeraldvapers.com
It seems that when I do stir myself to go to a bar (still need to find a GOOD Karaoke place!!!) I usually get one or two of the people there come up to me and ask: "Is that one of them electronic cigarette thingies?" Beats the hell out of when I started, and got the 'WTF is that???' line.

Slowly, but surely, PV's are going mainstream - the public knows about them, and more are learning about them daily....this is one genie I'm dedicated to keeping OUT of the bottle :D

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
It's kind of cool to be a bit in the know about ecigs so we can help people with the adjustment. I was talking to the owner of the bar I was at last night, and he was interested to hear about vaping. Since the law is not specifically banning vapor, we'll have to see how it pans out.

I'm all for vaping, but I am still ...... that we have this law. I think the state should have ventilation standards and allow the owner to decide if they want to accomodate smoking customers. grrrrrrrr I'm with the smoker in thinking this law is crummy.

Last edited:

harmony gardens

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Wisconsin
You're right, Harmony - what the lawmakers are doing to smokers rights in this country is nothing shy of criminal. It SHOULD be up to the business/property owner to decide what is and is not allowed in their establishment....

It's amazing how often we agree Vicks,,, Happy Solstice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread