The USONICIG ZIP POD by Usonicig-A review by Charlie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Charlie's Review of the Usonicig Zip Pod device - An Innovation.

Today i'm going to be reviewing the new pod device from Usonicig.....The Zip. I'm sorry for the delay for this review but life stuff and other review items have given me some very hefty workload's.

As always thank you very much to Cicely at Usonicig for sending this item through for review. As always all the products I receive have been tested to my own stringent standards and my thoughts here are balanced and factual and describe my own assessment after extensive testing.

I have a lot of respect for this company as we need innovators and Usonicig have consistently worked on their sonic vaporising technology to be where they are today. The vapour is produced using no heat rather it is produced using sonic waves which agitate the e-liquid molecules to such an extent that they vaporise.

In the box I received there was...

1 x mod.
1 x USB cable.
1 x User manual.
1 x warranty card.

First let's kick off with a few photos of the device.

20190926_113451-jpg.840861
20190926_113927-jpg.840863
20190926_114011-jpg.840865

Firstly apologies for the dust on the mouth piece. The device came well packaged and the pictured outer sleeve reveals a nice looking white box with the Usonicig logo in silver. Once opened the device is revealed ready to vape after filling and first charge although I did discover that the battery was already partially charged. Charging is done by connecting the ZIP via the supplied USB cable to a charging port or plug. The indicator light on the device will flash every 2 seconds and once fully charge the indicator light will stay on.

The specifications of the device are as follows...

Battery-1200mah
Liquid capacity-2ml max.
Utrasonic freq-3.0 MHz
Charging time-< or _ to 1.5 hrs.
Size-94x34x20 mm.
Pod size-39x34x20 mm.
Colours-Black, Silver and Red.

The device is filled by pressing the two buttons on the side of the pod and then twisting which reveals the 2 fill ports. The Zip fills easily as the presence of the second fill port allows air to escape. Once the pod has been allowed to saturate for 10-15 mins you're ready to vape.

The ZIP device is turned on or off by pressing the fire button 5 times within 2 seconds. When power is between 21% to 100% a white light is displayed and when the device is at 20% or below it will display a red light, obviously indicating charging is needed. In my testing period I noticed that the sonic technology needed a decent amount of charge to function well enough.

20190926_114251-jpg.840869

20190926_114034-jpg.840867

It comes also with the following battery protections...

Short circuit protection....
Low voltage protection....
Vape time protection.... When the puff reaches 10 seconds the device will cut off.
Over charging protection...
Dry hit protection..... The device will shut down if it detects no liquid and the white and red light will flash 6 times once a second.
Overheating protection.... The device will shut down when too hot and will require a 5 times fire button restart after cooling to reset the device.
Disconnect.... Sometimes the pod will disconnect from the battery. Simply re-insert the pod and try again.

20190926_114014-jpg.840885
20190926_113927-jpg.840883

20190926_114238-jpg.840887

Conclusions and thoughts.

The vapour that this device produces is nice. It produces a decent amount of vapour and the throat hit is exceptional at the end of the inhalation whilst being so smooth at the start you aren't even aware that it's making any. The Usonicig ZIP is an innovation in terms of how the vapour is made without heat and it is worth buying one for that reason alone in my opinion.

However you do need to adjust both your expectations and vaping style somewhat to get the full enjoyment from this pod. Does it work well? Yes. Does it feel different? Yes. During my tests I can confirm that the nicotine in my 36 mg salts were being vaporised very efficiently in this ZIP device and I only needed several long puffs to feel that nicotine buzz. This is a big plus for the ZIP as it is something I would need to work efficiently to be using it on a daily basis. As a stealth vape it really sings as it is virtually noiseless as there are obviously no crackling noises from a coil or cotton heating up.

I like the vapour this device produces and I love the stealth elements of it. It's failing is that it keep makes me want to have my ''normal'' vape. I think it is up to the user to expect the difference and tailor the ZIP to circumstances where it excels, as mentioned earlier.

So should I buy the Usonicig ZIP Pod?

Well yes, I don't think you would be disappointed as long as you take on board the fact that its technology means that it vapes in a way that you perhaps won't be used to.

Is it good for a stealth vape?

It excels at this in my opinion and will work best with high strength salts where you need just 1 or 2 puffs to be satisfied and then proceed with your busy schedule.

I personally love the technology involved and would use this technology in all my devices if it could just feel that little bit more like my existing vapes. Does it give you your much needed nicotine? Yes and probably as efficiently as a sub ohm tank does.

I would like to thank everyone for reading and especially USONICIG for sending the new ZIP Pod as I think they have made a product that works really well and I very much hope that they continue to use their technology to make it better and better.

Until the next review and have a great day.
Charlie :)

Attached Files:

• a" style="-webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; margin: 0px; padding: 10px 10px 0px; overflow: hidden; zoom: 1; background: none center top repeat-x rgb(245, 245, 245); border-radius: 4px; font-family: Lato, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;">

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
Many thanks for the review, I have been closely following the development of ultrasonic vapes.

How did you find the fire time? Previous models are a bit slow - hit the button - slightly too long a pause - vapour, owing to the limitations of built to a price transducer driver circuitry, I see they are using a different transducer arrangement in the Zip.

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread