Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
Hey huffelpuff, yea we have a V1 thread already :) The V2 is huge update as far as workmanship and finish, compared to the V1, but it is 7mm longer, slightly thicker, and heavier. However, it still beats (IMO) any other 14500 w/ genisis atomizer on it for size/weight/tank size due to it being a purpose built hybrid. I really think it is a wonderful 14500 hybrid, but may be a little biased as I have used a V1 since last Aug. At first I could not get my V2 vaping right, but that is sorted now. The adjustment for air control is elegant and simple. The mouth piece switch is a little hard to get used to, but once I adjusted the switch it fires effortlessly now. I also find that moving up higher on the switch with my lips makes a difference.

As far as tips for the V2: Here is Petar K's vimeo page petar k on Vimeo

1. I suggest a little Vaseline or some sort of lubrication on the threads. Be careful not to cross thread. I have not had a problem.
2. If you are using a button type battery (I use AW 1450 IMRs), you can turn the battery when it is against the positive post at the bottom of tank. You will feel it sort of drop into the grooves on the battery terminal. You want it to not be in that groove, if it makes sense, then put bottom on.
3. If batt is not connecting, there is a note in VW on Petar's thread how to add a screw. Again no problems here with that, but should be aware.
4. Use the video instructions Petar gives for building a coil/wick. It will allow for such a tight area to work and make things easier. In fact watch all of his videos!!! I do mine coil just like him, but my wicks I torch first, then roll them.
5. I run mine without the fill hole plug in, especially when vaping 100% VG. But once the wick breaks in, you can plug it. Make sure plug is snug when you put it in so it does not fall out and short out one of your terminals. I would suggest a silicon cartomizer ".... plug" vice the metal one Petar provides. (Ask me how I know).
6. If you are not getting great vapor and you are sure the batt is making good contact, then the switch upgrade is needed. We all are getting it regardless, and it will improve vapor production immensely. (I had this problem, and a temp fix is in until I get the update)
7. Taking top off. One fluid pull and it should release. Put it on gently, and then seat without a lot of force.

If you need help, do not be afraid to ask Petar K or myself for help. Either of us will Skype with you. Petar is very supportive and helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread