Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Yay! This is positive - good thread topic.

The immediate impact for me was a health one. I smoked for over 30 years and was averaging 45 a day when I decided to quit. I'd been coughing every day for three months - throughout each day. It seems bizarre to me now that I spent three months like that and didn't stop sooner - but anyway...
The impact of vaping was that my cough cleared up. Since I started vaping I have better breathing, can handle more exercise, and also don't feel a kind of drained feeling I was getting from smoking so much.
My taste buds came back to life and my sense of smell.

The impact on those around me - well they are pleased for me. Some smokers have been very curious and became vapers too - with varying degrees of managing to switch over to vaping. One friend has quit cigs completely, another has cut down, and then there are relatives of friends and so on.

I feel more alive now - and I think vaping is a kind of miracle in what it does - replacing something that didn't even taste that great with something that has such a variety of god tastes to enjoy. And of course the ECF community has been invaluable.

piruned

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
huntsville, al
I was a 3 pack a day smoker. My blood pressure was pretty bad. I took 2 medications 2x a day to keep it under control. Since I started vaping, I have cut one of those medications out of my regime completely. If I would get off my ...., and start some exercise, I could prob cut the other out as well.

Unlike many, my breathing has not changed. I still get just as winded climbing stairs as I did before. My doc tells me I could lose some weight. 6'0 210 lbs. I do physical work for a living, so I am no stranger to lifting heavy things, carrying heavy objects, and climbing. It makes me wonder if the high vg content I vape, isn't somehow hampering my lung performance. I would be curious if anyone else has had this issue. Who vapes primarily 100%vg?

Sure some would say I smell better. Personally, I loved the smell of cigarettes. Hell I still do. Make no mistake, I LOVED smoking. LOVED it. The smell never bothered me.

Lets see what else? Money? Nope. Haven't saved a penny. In fact I am probably in the red with vaping. S'ok, if you can't spend your money how you want, what is the point of working?

So yea. For me, it's been my health that has been impacted the most. I do enjoy this little habit/hobby far more than I intended. I never imagined I would fall down the rabbit hole as deep as I have. It's been a fun ride so far, and look forward to what the future holds. As long as I can keep my hands on my favorite adv, and have some fresh batteries with a VW device, I think this is going to do me fine for some time to come.

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
Tell us what impact vaping had on your life and on the people around you.

You go first! :laugh:

Other the the common health benefits to my self. I have chain smoked in front of my Hubby for 10 years. That was 10 years of some heavy 2nd hand smoke. He (nonsmoker) would get asked at his work if he smoked his clothes would smell of it. Did I feel guilty. Another incidence was I was asked by my landlady to smoke outside as it was traveling across the appt building hall to the little old lady who uses a walker appartment. Did i feel guilty.

Well no more 2nd hand guilt! It is a good feeling.

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
My daughter dated a guy that vaped and that got her vaping which led to quitting a 14 year habit, which after 5 months of trying by her got me vaping thus quitting a 37 ish year habit and now I buy extra kits and juices etc sand have converted at least 4 people that I know of. I don't push it, just tell them its kinda cool after they ask and if they think its kinda neat, I will give them a kit/juice and tell them if it takes, just do the same for someone else.

The breathing/lung capacity and non stinky-ness came first. I am sure that in the long run I will probably have a better life witrh my family and grand-kids.

I had run out of hobbies anyway....lol

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
United States
The biggest impact? My wife and I are no longer smoking. No stink of old cigarettes on our clothes, can breath again, we don't have a smoker's cough anymore. Most unexpected impact? We both like vaping more than smoking. The choice of flavors alone is reason enough to switch!

We tried so many times to quit. Vaping was the only thing that worked.

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I can give my husband a "hello" kiss and hug without his nose crinkling and him pulling back pretty quickly. He quit in 2003 and just can't stand the stale ashtray smell I carried everywhere from analogs. They don't call them stinkies for nothin'. I like the way I smell too. I can use my perfume without knowing it is just wasted effort!

I have more energy. I can get some work done (when I force myself off this forum or ecig vendors sites!) without running outside every 5 minutes for a smoke. Somedays I breathe better. Somedays I feel as if all the pg/vg is coating my lungs and I can't breathe well at all. Hope it isn't my vaping causing that! I may save money in the long run. :confused: I am happier!! I have made some new vaping friends. PVs seem to draw other vapers to stop and visit...that's nice!

Many more, but it may be time to get some work done. Have to see mom in the hospital and, btw, I vape in her room just don't flaunt in front of the personnel. They don't see it, don't smell it and I don't get antsy wanting to run outside and smoke. Better quality time with mom!

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
You go first!

Well.. seems that I'm not first :)

Anyhow, The biggest impact it had on me was that it made me quit cigarettes in a matter of minutes: I smoked my last cigarette on my way to a brick and mortar store, after I left with a simple eGo kit, cheap clearos and "meh" juices I've been happily vapin' ever since. Didn't plan on quitting cigarettes... I just wanted to "smoke" inside the apartment.

It also brought lots and lots of comments from my surrounding... Mostly bad comments like: you smoke more now! It looks like a bomb... and so on. But since I am born with a "I couldnt care less about what you think of me" I can deal with these comments very easily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread