Status
Not open for further replies.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
I'm proud to announce I've agreed to host a new show on VapeTV.com dedicated solely to the Genesis & rebuildable atomizers.

It will air starting this Monday from 8:00pm-9:00pm EST.

The debut episode will be featuring the new JonBoy Lava Gen!

I hope to see you there!

yze4uzep.jpg

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
I was watching one of your videos and was wondering do you find it easier to prewrap your coil on the mesh wick and then install on the genesis? Also, once you let go does the coil loosen up while you try and install it on the atomizer?

Watching your last video with the orion it looks like that would be a lot easier to get a tight and evenly wrapped coil.

Edit: Wasn't sure if I should post comments here, I apologize if this isn't the place to post.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
I was watching one of your videos and was wondering do you find it easier to prewrap your coil on the mesh wick and then install on the genesis? Also, once you let go does the coil loosen up while you try and install it on the atomizer?

Watching your last video with the orion it looks like that would be a lot easier to get a tight and evenly wrapped coil.

Edit: Wasn't sure if I should post comments here, I apologize if this isn't the place to post.

I find it much easier to get the coil right when I roll it on the wick before it's attached to the device. I wrap it tightly and hold it for a few seconds before I let go. There is a small amount of spring-back, but that's what I want to happen, so it doesn't short against the wick. I end up with a very evenly round and spaced coil. It's dang near fool-proof, and I haven't seen any other videos using the method. It provides the same results as the drill bit (Petar K) method.

I don't know if you noticed, but I barely oxidize the wick either. I've been oxidizing less and less. Combined with the way I'm rolling the coils, I'm getting better wicking and few hot/spots or shorts.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
I find it much easier to get the coil right when I roll it on the wick before it's attached to the device. I wrap it tightly and hold it for a few seconds before I let go. There is a small amount of spring-back, but that's what I want to happen, so it doesn't short against the wick. I end up with a very evenly round and spaced coil. It's dang near fool-proof, and I haven't seen any other videos using the method. It provides the same results as the drill bit (Petar K) method.

I don't know if you noticed, but I barely oxidize the wick either. I've been oxidizing less and less. Combined with the way I'm rolling the coils, I'm getting better wicking and few hot/spots or shorts.

Appreciate it. I will have to try that next. The coil I just did, with the usual wrap with the wick in, went really nice but a lot more fiddly as I wrap to make the coils even and such. I just wasn't sure how much they spring back, if it would create hot coils if it is not touching the wick enough.

I have been doing less oxidizing as well after reading several times to much is not needed. Primarily once quenching, just to stiffen the wick up and then maybe a little straight vg.

Thanks again, looking forward to trying the new way to wrap, looks like it will be a lot easier and less issue of the coil rubbing on the wick.

If possible, could you make a link to your first video with the Lava Gen. Tried looking on the vape tv and the other link you have but couldn't find it. Interested in whether this would be more travel friendly for a genesis with the other chamber on the top, reminds me of split tanks I have seen.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
Sadly...I neglected to record the first show. :(

I'm going to be making the tutorial videos for the Lava Gen in the next few weeks though. :)

Try not quenching or burning juice in the new wick at all. It really does work. I swear.

Will have to try that for the next wick, looking forward to trying 500 mesh but it probably won't be for a few weeks as I am waiting for the co-op to start. Do you notice any better wicking or flavor?

I think I have to keep quenching the u-wicks though for the novas to help them hold their shape, i don't over do it though they still remain a good charcoal grey and not black.

Also, sorry for all the questions but really appreciate all of the help and info, the same thanks for the info on the cobra in another thread.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
I haven't played with U wicks too much, but I can see your point.

The less heating and quenching the better. I think it improves the wicking considerably. It seems the metallic taste of the wick dissipates faster too.

I have read that U shape wicks aren't all that great for genesis so I haven't tried, and probably won't, but for the nova kinda needed to fit in the tank. Works pretty well to, and no messing with silica or cotton then.

Will be interested to see how the only firing and no quenching goes.

Last questions if you don't mind?

How do you know when to replace a mesh wick?

On the cobra I noticed a little juice must have gotten on the connector of the provari and burned on the center post at the 510 connection of the cobra. Can I just clean that brass part/center pin the on cobra with alcohol, or should I use something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread