The Vinci Mod Pod by Voopoo-Charlie asks is it their best Pod yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi again guys. As always this is a fair and honest review of the Vinci Mod Pod by Voopoo. Due to circumstances this one has had 4 weeks of testing as I am a bit late with the review. Suffice it to say i'm impressed with this one.

@VOOPOO_Thea as always thank you for sending this through and thank you also for your patience as I know this is late. My illness plus complications mean't that I spent too much time in the hospital last session.

Ok guys let's kick off with some pictures of the Vinci Mod Pod...If you notice any hairs or smears on the mod it is because it has been fully tested and frankly I like it so much it has been in my daily rotation since I got it :)

20191025_100919.jpg

20191025_100903.jpg

The Vinci Mod Pod comes very nicely packaged and the box includes...

The Vinci Device, 2 coils 1 x PnP 0.3 mesh and 1 x PnP 0.8 coil, 1 x Pod, Genie chip card, USB cable, User manual and Genie chip card.

The mod measures 77 x 25 x 27 mm and the battery capacity is 1500 mAh. It's power range is 5-40 watts and it fires coils from 0.1 ohm up to 3.0 ohm. Output voltage is between 3.2 - 4.2 volts and it charges at 5V/1A.

This is a nicely designed device...the pod accepts 5.5ml of liquid and the coils available in the PnP range are extensive. You can get 0.45 ohm, 0.6 ohm, 1.2ohm plus the coils that are included so there are coils avaailable for everybody's taste. It is always nice to know that there are a range of coils made as you generally know that they will be available in the future.

20191025_100931.jpg

Ok so set up....simply take the Vinci device out of it's packaging and charge up using the supplied USB cable. The USB socket is in the bottom of the mod. It is recommended that the unit be charged without the pod plugged in. Incidentally mine can 2 thirds charged straight out of the box so it was usable straight away. Once charged take your preferred coil and pop out of the blister pack and insert into the base of the pod. It is a very easy push fit process. The pod is filled via a rubber bung on the side of the mod. Simply pop open and fill. It is worth noting here that the fill port was nice and big so I had no problems with air-locking and the pod fills really easily. You then simply locate the pod onto the device which is magnetically done. The magnet is nice and strong and there is absolutely no chance of the pod falling out even when shaken vigorously :)

The pod will locate in 2 ways...an 180 degree rotation of the pod will produce a change in the airflow configuration depending on which one you start with.... it has 2 types of draw, one a restricted direct lung and the other a loose direct lung. The draw on the Vinci is fantastic but we will discuss that more a bit later.

20191025_101041.jpg

Ok now the functionality and the GENIE chip...

To turn on or off the device press the fire button rapidly 5 times within 2 seconds. On first use you will enter the clock interface for setting. A short press 3 times on the fire button will scroll through the different modes. You have Manual mode, Auto mode or A & P mode. The manual mode means you press the switch to ignite the coil, Auto mode means you simply draw on the device to activate it and A & P mode means you can do either to ignite the coil.

To clear the puff counter press the fire and ''-" button at the same time. The puff counter will clear automatically each time you remove and reinsert the pod or when a day has passed. To enter the puff interface press the "+" and "-" button at the same time. To exit press the fire button.

To lock the device press the "+" and "-" button at the same time when in the normal interface. When locked you can enter the clock interface by pressing the "+" and "-" button again.

There are a number of warnings on the device. They are...

Charging.
Check battery.
Max power.
Temp high.
Time out or auto shut off.
Atomiser short.
Check atomiser.

As I nearly always am very impressed that Voopoo have put the Genie chip in this device which gives it that little bit more functionality for the usual run of the mill pod device and I know certainly for me I do like having my puff counter.

20191009_110417.jpg

Charlie's Thoughts and Conclusions.

I absolutely love the Vinci Mod Pod by Voopoo!! Finally a pod that meets three of my requirements....a good throat hit, plenty of vapour, adaptability to suit my exact draw and all in an extremely small package. There is a small amount of airflow adjustability on the device however this is absolutely no problem because it is the coils which give you that. For the MTL vapour he would choose the PnP 1.2 ohm coil which has a much more restricted draw and at the other end of the scale the DL vapour would choose the 0.3 mesh PnP to get the loosest draw.

If you like a good throat hit this thing is amazing. To achieve a good throat hit you normally need to go to and MTL device but this one does it when using it for DL vaping which is amazing.

Battery longevity is also really good and i'm getting a good 2 days with the PnP mesh coil at 0.3. The 1A charging is super fast and the device will charge from 10% to 100% in just under an hour. Of course the battery will last a lot longer with a higher ohm coil.

The coils are also very impressive. If broken in properly, priminig and soaking you will get a long time with each coil. I have been using the 0.3 ohm mesh coil now for over 4 weeks and the flavour and function are still excellent.....due to some outside factors in my life this device has been really put through it's paces.

So should I buy one of these???.....

Charlie gives this a resounding thumbs up and i'll even go as far to say if you get just one Pod device this year get this one it truly is excellent.

Well Voopoo has done it again and produced a device that .....well just works really well. It's a flavour banger, cloud chaser, tootle puffer (if you get the right coil) and throat hitter rolled into one well built unit which is also pretty appealing to look at.

Ok guys I hope you enjoyed my review of the Vinci Mod Pod by Voopoo and apologies again that it is late. Until the next time have a great week.

As always thanks again to @VOOPOO_Thea for supplying this for review. Hope you have a great day also.

Reactions: Niko75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread