The Vision Ego Rainbow/Stardust clearomizers, LR or SR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamonbread

Apr 1, 2012
UK
They have some Vision Ego Rainbow clearomizers over at vapeescape here in the UK. They look the identical to the Stardust ones I've seen everywhere. They come in LR but only clock in at 2.1-2.4 ohms and the SD versions are 2.5-2.9 ohms.

I'm new to vaping and I have a Riva deluxe kit 1100mah batteries. They're the unregulated Riva versions that put out 3.7 in operation. I'm kind of getting sick of refilling my Boge cartomizers all the time now and I'm thinking of giving these rainbow clearomizers a bash soon.
I'm just not sure if I should go for the SR's or the LR versions?

Would my Riva's be OK with the LR versions, given the fact that they're only 2.1-2.4 ohms? I wouldn't say no to little more vapour if they don't kill my batteries anytime soon.

Any input and advice would be appreciated thanks.

They look identical to the star dust
clearomizers to me.
The Vision Ego Rainbow **Standard Resistance** £4.75 - Vaping Spares - Cartomisers Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Smokin'Sandy

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK/USA
There is a good chart at Madvapes that tells all about voltage and ohm compatability:

http://www.madvapes.com/Recommended-Resistances_b_57.html

I use the low resistance ones and love them (on a 650mah and 3.7 ego). But, be careful what juices you use in them because those juices will crack them instantly. There is a list around here somewhere...

Here it is:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-13.html#post5490029

I just ordered another one for me and will not use any of those juices...I have destroyed three already! :)

Last edited:

jamonbread

Apr 1, 2012
UK
Cheers for the links, so anything 2.0 - 2.5 ohms should be OK according to the madvapes link. I read that Joye ego's have regulated voltage and run under their rated 3.7 at around 3.3/3.4 ish so they work well with slightly LR atomisers. But some of the ego copies have no voltage regulation like the one I have and the 3.7 volts might be a bit high for LR, but I guess as long as I don't go below 2.0 ohms I should be good to go.

Now I guess I just have to worry about what juices I put in them then. Think I might check out some tank systems instead maybe. Thanks for the heads up!

Smokin'Sandy

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK/USA
Cheers for the links, so anything 2.0 - 2.5 ohms should be OK according to the madvapes link. I read that Joye ego's have regulated voltage and run under their rated 3.7 at around 3.3/3.4 ish so they work well with slightly LR atomisers. But some of the ego copies have no voltage regulation like the one I have and the 3.7 volts might be a bit high for LR, but I guess as long as I don't go below 2.0 ohms I should be good to go.

Now I guess I just have to worry about what juices I put in them then. Think I might check out some tank systems instead maybe. Thanks for the heads up!

Ummm...you went over my head with that, but it sounds good to me! :D

You're welcome.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
- Snip - as long as I don't go below 2.0 ohms I should be good to go. - Snip -

I tried the SR first (all that was available at the time) they are a bit cool at 3.7. The LR (I have 2.1) perform better, warm quicker. You can safely go to 1.5 ohm but it shortens the battery time between charges. Even at 2.1 you want a light thin juice so the wick can keep up with the coil. I found mine work best when the wicks are not submerged but wetted between each draw.

Keep your wick wet!

jamonbread

Apr 1, 2012
UK
I tried the SR first (all that was available at the time) they are a bit cool at 3.7. The LR (I have 2.1) perform better, warm quicker. You can safely go to 1.5 ohm but it shortens the battery time between charges. Even at 2.1 you want a light thin juice so the wick can keep up with the coil. I found mine work best when the wicks are not submerged but wetted between each draw.

Keep your wick wet!

Kind of been put off by them now. Clearomizers in general really. Just don't like the idea of the juices dissolving and possibly cracking them. Don't really fancy vaping polycarbonate, its a plastic that's known for leeching toxins from food containers already. I wish I knew what they where made of, as there are some clearomizers now being made out of polypropylene instead. Apparently polypropylene will not leech at least. Maybe they still crack as well?

Wish they would make them out of Pyrex glass instead. I'd pay the extra and risk them breaking if dropped. Thanks for the responses.

colossalK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
Kind of been put off by them now. Clearomizers in general really. Just don't like the idea of the juices dissolving and possibly cracking them. Don't really fancy vaping polycarbonate, its a plastic that's known for leeching toxins from food containers already. I wish I knew what they where made of, as there are some clearomizers now being made out of polypropylene instead. Apparently polypropylene will not leech at least. Maybe they still crack as well?

Wish they would make them out of Pyrex glass instead. I'd pay the extra and risk them breaking if dropped. Thanks for the responses.
polypropylene is much more crack resistant to juices, there are tanks being made out of them with no problem ie: syringe tanks and people are opting to purchase polypropylene material so they can use juices without the crack effect. Polypropylene is replacing most things made of polycarbonate. Polypropylene is also better with impacts because its a softer plastic. There are manufacturers making CE's out of polypropylene.

EDIT: I just received my ego vision whatever you want to call them, and I've been using it for about an hour but these vape really well at 4Vs thats the LR version, haven't tested the SR one yet. I'm using a OKR-T box Mod fyi, I tried it on my ego which pumps out 3.3-3.4 and it wasn't great but then again i never use my ego batts anymore. This is all i can tell so far, I use LR Boge cartos normally around 4.2-4.3 volts. The LR on 4.2 i was getting dry hits but at 4V the flavor is much improved

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread