The Vision Eternity and the REO Grand ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artbyshan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Chattanooga, TN
I recently saw a video where the Vision Eternity was being used on an REO Grand. I have one (REO Grand) coming soon, but didn't want to void the warranty or potentially cause damage to my new Grand. Is this safe to use on this as a rebuildable atomizer ? Any advise would be welcomed.

Vision Eternity Rebuildable Atomizer - YouTube

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I recently saw a video where the Vision Eternity was being used on an REO Grand. I have one (REO Grand) coming soon, but didn't want to void the warranty or potentially cause damage to my new Grand. Is this safe to use on this as a rebuildable atomizer ? Any advise would be welcomed.

Vision Eternity Rebuildable Atomizer - YouTube

I tried one on my REO Grand not too long ago and it did fine. Just make sure you don't tighten it down too tightly, and that the center pin of the atty doesn't protrude too much.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Congratulations on your new REO. There are three main considerations using any atty or carto on REOs.

First, will the diameter of the atty fit into the REO catchcup. Jan, Youtube, is using her Vision Eternity on a Grand so I would assume it will fit. For those REOs with smaller catcups an unsealed 510 extender can be used but the use of any adapter does void the warranty as far as REO fixing them without charge but the fix is simple and not very costly.

Second but really "first", again, :laugh: for the bottom feeder to feed juice there needs to be a way for the juice to get into the atty and it looks as if the Vision Eternity does allow bottom feeding. (Using a sealed atty or adapter/extender will not hurt the REO, except for shorts that can happen with any adapter, use but you'll have to drip as juice won't make it to the atty. Same goes for any tank atty. BTW.... lots of us use our REOs for testing flavors by dripping.)

Most important is the length of the bottom screw attachment. If it is too long it can depress the center ring in the REOs atty fitting and can cause a short. A good example of this is the original ERA that has a long post. Those of us who have the ver.1 ERAs, in effect, shortened the post by placing a small o-ring around the post at base of atty so that it stands off a bit and doesn't go down into the atty well so far. (The ERA team is now making that part shorter.)

One other consideration is if the center part of atty post is adjustable. Sometimes, and not just for REOs, but many other PVs too, the center post of atty may need to be raised or lowered to make full contact. If it hangs down too far it is a potential risk for shorting for REO and other PVs. One example of this is when the Vapage attys (non RBA) first came out with protruding post that wasn't easily adjustable.

Hope this helps a little bit. I wasn't aware of the Vision Eternity although I shop at Gotvapes, who carries them. I think I might order one. I'll bet there will be more REOnauts trying them out, too. The price at Gotvapes is $30, a very good entry price into RBAs, if it is of good build and materials.

Feisty Alice

Last edited:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I'm going to order one, too. Sometimes I take an eGo twist out n about, so if it doesn't fit real good on my vv grands, it'll fit on the eGo.

Unfortunately i have a boatload of the eGo clearomizers, and another boatload of the type that can be switched out on the internals ( the atomizer part)

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I'm going to order one, too. Sometimes I take an eGo twist out n about, so if it doesn't fit real good on my vv grands, it'll fit on the eGo.

Unfortunately i have a boatload of the eGo clearomizers, and another boatload of the type that can be switched out on the internals ( the atomizer part)

I'm over at Gotvapes ordering one now. Last order I got in from Gotvapes, boo-koos of DTs when I ordered Mini ViVi Novas and parts for DH, I ordered a couple of the Budgie DTs to try on the taller RBAs. I haven't used them yet but if they don't get too hot they will cut down on monster tall RBA height. GotVapes BUDGIE™ Aluminum 14mm Mini 510 Drip Tip - BLACK [gv-BUDGIE-510DT-Black] - $2.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Gotvapes also has different colored Knucklehead DTs. The clear one looks fine on silver attys especially on silver or polished REOs.
Drip Tips 510 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Hugs, Feisty Alice

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread