The Vision Stone v3 Tank is a PITA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It leaks through the air intake holes. Sometimes profusely. Thought I'd solved this problem by nudging the wicks around but it still happens when the tank is fuller than about 2mls. Obvious solution is keeping it 4/5 empty, but

a) what's the point of a tank if I have to refill it constantly;
b) I still have to shake it before inhaling to moisten the wick; again, not supposed to happen with a tank.

By the way, when this fakakta contraption actually does work, it is glorious. But not sure all the idisyncracies are worth it. Got my first DCT on its way to me. I presume those are less troublesome?

Mark C.

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2012
Easton, MD
I have noticed this a little, it gets starts to gurgle, and leak slightly out the center tube, another thing i have noticed is (even though mine is not leaking much) i get a little tiny bit of leaking from the threads... its just enough to knotice only if i wipe my finger across the plastic near the bottom threads or a paper towel. i really love how this tank performs but as soon as it get gurgly its very frustrating. atleast its not half as bad as my Dual Coil tanks were... those things would dump a full 5 ml's of juice in 20 minutes from leaking.

Oh, forgot to mention, you can fix the wicking issues very easy by taking the bottom cap off once theres little to no juice in it, and lightly twist the wicks to loosen them up some, i did that with mine the second i got it and it actually wicks very well.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
I've read so many bad reviews about the vision stones that I'd never buy one. Sorry you're having so many problems. As for the DCT, easy peasy. Fill the carto, insert into tank, fill tank, cap off. Let sit about 20 minutes for the filler material to become fully saturated then vape like a freight train. Nice tanks for the money. Just be careful as to the types of juice you put in it. Cinnamon, wintergreen, spearmint, citirc acid type juices like lemon/lime can/will cause the tank to crack.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Ya, my Stone III is great. . .cept when it leaks down the blow hole. Vendors need to start providing kleenex tissue with them. What a crap industry, they don't mark nothing. Not clear how to tell v.1, from v.II, or V.III. And, I shouldn't have to, Somebody ought to be marking the bags or boxes. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I would try unscrewing the bottom, but i think i screwed it on too tightly in a misguided effort to stop the leaks. Now it won't come off. AARGH. So not worth the aggro. Sticking to Stardusts... And hoping my upcoming dct is really all that.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?y4rbns

sandscards

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2012
Broken Arrow, OK
I think you will be happy with the tank you have coming. I have several of them in both sizes and haven't had any trouble with them at all. A few cartos were better than others but no problems with the tank. I figured I would have worn out the inside orings where the carto slides through but no replacements yet at over two months and numerous cartos and fills. Reminds me, I need to find some replacement orings just to have on hand. Great tanks for the money. Hope they work out for you. Good luck.

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think you will be happy with the tank you have coming. I have several of them in both sizes and haven't had any trouble with them at all. A few cartos were better than others but no problems with the tank. I figured I would have worn out the inside orings where the carto slides through but no replacements yet at over two months and numerous cartos and fills. Reminds me, I need to find some replacement orings just to have on hand. Great tanks for the money. Hope they work out for you. Good luck.

IT IS! I am so pleased When I fill it up I get a tiny bit of seepage but nothing compared to the drench I got with the VS3. DCT on my provari leads to endless hits of yummy vapor. Will follow your lead and get extra O-rings to have on hand. I think this and my Stardusts-CE4+s are my preferred vape devices now... until i try out the next latest and greatest thing.

The Vision Stone tank needs work. Lots of it. But I think it is perfectible. It is just annoying as hell right now. When it works it is fantastic. But someone needs to work on its issues.

otrpu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
I swear, I can't figure these things out. The same Stone v.3 that was leaking up a storm, (pun intended), when installed on another ProVari v.2. . .been vaping and a fillin it for three days, nary a drip of a leak. Not complaining, just wish I knew what the hell I did to fix it. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

otrpu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Still usin the same Stone v.III on my ProVari. Been usin it for at least 60 mL's. Unfortunately, some of that, (more than I care for), has run out the bottom of the Stone and overflowed the catch cup of the ProVari. Weird as heck, some loads vape the whole tank and not loose a drop to a leak, others. . .damned thing looses a quarter of the eLiquid out the bottom. When they work, they're perfect. Just can't figure out why it's a dripping out the tube at all. Thought we were promised another movie on these, (might have been a different thread). JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Shiryo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
SoCal
You don't have to wait for the filler in the DCT carto to soak up if you do about 10 dry pulls to fill the carto a bit. Will be totally fine to vape right after your dry pulls. If you're using the tiny single holed DCT carto that comes with the tank, i'd probably do about 15 pulls, just wait till the bubbles start to get smaller, not completely stop or you'll have 5ml dedicated to the toilet.

When you notice a tiny decrease in flavor or performance, try 2-3 dry pulls, if it works better, then dry pull another 5 times just for insurance.

scarf-ace

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
scarf-ace
I had exactly the same issues. I had leaking through the air intake and I got liquid in my mouth. I could not fill but about 2mls as well. I will tell you. I have used my DCT's before the Vision Stone v3. I was stoked about the new V3's but it trashed out. I love my DCT and now whenever I see something supposedly better. I hit my DCT really hard and hot and it takes me back to reality. My DCT has never needed ANY adjustments and issues for me. I hope you like them. I am like you. If I wanted just a 2 ml vape I would have been still been using small carto's

this may help ya... I take my DCT and prime the carto a little of coarse, then fill tank and allow about 1/2 hr before use for the liquid to absorb and CHUG away!!!!:vapor: the holes are smaller so depending on your liquids you may want to play with PG/VG ratios.

Straybeat

Jun 26, 2010
Phoenix
For those of you who liked the idea of the Vision Stone, but didn't like the crap you had to put up with they have changed now. They re-did them and should have called the new ones v4, but they are still sold as v3. I had the original v3 where you would take a drag and suck juice into the metal cap. They you had to empty it or drink it. Then the juice just pouring out of the bottom sucked big time. Well, they changed all that now. Or seem to have anyway with the new ones I just bought. They changed the silicone cup so that juice doesn't suck up into the cap. And they made the centers replaceable for $2. If they burn out or screw up you just pull the center out and push in a new one. I believe the originals were welded in, so you couldn't change them? It seems that however they redesigned it with the replaceable center eliminated the juice pouring out? I have been using the new one for a month now and no problems with either.

As far as I know, the old v3's are gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread