Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I scored a gorgeous Wenge/Birdseye 2015 on the classies here, and got the tracking number today. I can't wait :)

In other news, vapemail dropped the Serpent BF I ordered for it this afternoon. I'll do a writeup with photos later, but there's an interesting design element. Most rda type toppers are three piece: an atty base containing the 510 and the build deck, a barrel and a top cap assembly. The first and last parts have o-rings around them and they friction fit within the barrel. This one is similar, but the barrel is actually cup-shaped. The bottom of the atty with the trademark engraving and so forth is attached to the barrel and has a hole bored in the center for the 510 connector, which is built onto the build deck part. The deck still friction fits in the barrel, but it can't be pushed out in the down direction. It will only go up, by pushing on the 510 screw, and it forces the top cap out at the same time. Good thing it's intended for a squonker as that's the easiest way to remove the top cap I have yet found. I'm looking forward to building it, and finding out if it's drier than most squonk toppers.

Nevweezy

Verified Member
May 3, 2016
I scored a gorgeous Wenge/Birdseye 2015 on the classies here, and got the tracking number today. I can't wait :)

In other news, vapemail dropped the Serpent BF I ordered for it this afternoon. I'll do a writeup with photos later, but there's an interesting design element. Most rda type toppers are three piece: an atty base containing the 510 and the build deck, a barrel and a top cap assembly. The first and last parts have o-rings around them and they friction fit within the barrel. This one is similar, but the barrel is actually cup-shaped. The bottom of the atty with the trademark engraving and so forth is attached to the barrel and has a hole bored in the center for the 510 connector, which is built onto the build deck part. The deck still friction fits in the barrel, but it can't be pushed out in the down direction. It will only go up, by pushing on the 510 screw, and it forces the top cap out at the same time. Good thing it's intended for a squonker as that's the easiest way to remove the top cap I have yet found. I'm looking forward to building it, and finding out if it's drier than most squonk toppers.
I also just picked up a sqounker of the classies here too. And just like you, i received tracking today. I grabbed a Arkon from VA. Its a mech sqounker. The race is on, who gets there's first.....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread