Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
sourcemore sent me the Wotofo Gear V2 rta for the purpose of this review.

DSC_5200 (2).JPG

I requested and received the black version, but it is also available in rainbow, gold, SS, blue, and gunmetal.

In the box you get;

• 1x Gear V2 rta

• 1x User Manual

• 1x Accessory bag

• 1x Screwdriver

• 2x Thick cotton strips

• 2x Framed Staple Clapton 0.33ohm coils

DSC_5203 (2).JPG

Some specs:

• 24mm diameter

• 3.5ml juice capacity

• Single coil

• Top fill

• Fixed air flow

The first time I filled this RTA, it dumped juice. I opened it up and ran my finger along the bottom O ring, sure enough, it was faulty. There was a thin spot small enough my eye didn’t catch it. Changed the O ring, and haven’t had a problem since, even on its side.

I don’t find this with RTAs often, but it looks better in person than on the site, I think. (Mods often are much better in person, but RTAs are usually easy enough to get a fair picture of I guess). It’s not a beauty, but it is low key nice and doesn’t distract or clash with a nice mod.

The deck is open and so easy to build. Nice big screw heads. The threads are dainty but smooth.

DSC_5208 (2).JPG

I’m not a fan of the fixed air flow, but I am getting good flavor, and it’s not too airy for me but I know it’s too open for many.

The top includes the drip tip, and unscrews to fill – the whole top of the tank is open, so you could fill with whatever bottle you have, no problem. Unscrewing is a little fussy, and I have to hold the tank to keep that from unscrewing as well.

DSC_5211 (2).JPG

All in all, it’s alright. I am happy with the capacity, the flavor, and the build deck. Those are the things that matter most, no?

But there are a few cons. Sourcemore has it priced at $21.59. With the fixed air flow, the fact that the tank is plastic, and the fixed drip tip, I feel that’s a bit more than I would pay. Am I a cheapskate? Well probably. It just seems there are a lot of better RTAs in that price range with all the features one expects from a non-disposable device.

Thank you, Sourcemore, for the opportunity to review the Wotofo Gear V2 RTA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread