Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
sourcemore sent me this Wotofo Troll X for the purpose of this review.
DSC_4947 (2).JPG
The Troll X is a dual or single coil, top fill, bottom air rta. In the box, you’ll find the RTA, a bubble glass, a honeycomb airflow insert (slim groove airflow insert is installed), a bag of O rings and tools, a coil trimming tool, cotton laces, and a pair of framed staple clapton coils.

DSC_4948 (2).JPG

It’s 24mm wide, 36mm high (without the drip tip), and it holds 3ml of liquid with the straight glass, 4.4ml with the bubble glass. It comes in black, SS, blue metal, blue, gold, and rainbow – I got the rainbow.

It does not come with a spare drip tip, but I’d like to point out the very nice drip tip it comes with. It’s a little thing, but a nice touch.
DSC_4964 (2).JPG

I built it with the included coils and cotton, but first I popped out the grooved AF and put in the honeycomb. They’re really tiny and seem fragile, but they do slide in and out quite easily, and the honeycomb gives a nice smooth air flow.
DSC_4974 (2).JPG

(please excuse my beater Eleaf)

The machining and finish look flawless to me. The threading is crisp, and that delicate knurling doesn’t just look beautiful, it works beautifully, too. The top and bottom are super easy to grip, so it’s easy to take the tank apart or adjust the air.

Air flow is fairly open – I’ve had RTAs with more air flow, this is a tad less open but it’s still sufficient. It has five air holes on two sides, and closed down to one it’s restricted enough for most, I would think, while still being very smooth and not getting too hot. The coils sit cradled in a curved deck, with your choice of inserts right in the center, so there’s zero guesswork about how to get those coils in the air flow properly. And there’s plenty of room to poke that cotton through the deck. This is designed to not need a lot of know-how or trial and error to get a good vape.
DSC_4957 (2).JPG

The top fill is a slide to open deal, and there is a tiny dot where you push to open, but it’s hard to see, easy to miss if you're not aware it’s there. The top is very firm, I have zero worry that it’ll open accidentally. And there’s also a substantial membrane with a slit in the fill port. I’ve held it upside down with the slide open and no leaks at all. Well done.

Cons... I don’t have much negative to say about this. The screws are a bit on the wee side, but they didn’t give me any grief. I would have liked a little more juice capacity. It’s a somewhat thirsty tank, especially in dual coil mode. And it’s easy to fill, once you find that microscopic arrow. It is bottom air, so if you don’t get enough cotton to the deck, it could leak. But they do give you plenty of room to get that cotton in.

Pros...If I had to give it a number, I’d say the flavor is a solid 8, and I might nudge that to a 9 with a different build if I play with it a bit. It’s really well made, and comes apart, goes together very nicely, even right out of the box. The airflow adjusts from quite restricted to plenty open – I’d say about 8.5 out of 10. The slide cap – and that’s a feature I’m always leery of – is really well done, very firm, no worries about carrying it in a pocket or purse. It also comes in a nice range of colors, and the price is right.

All in all, this is a really nice RTA and will stay in rotation.

Thanks, Sourcemore, for the opportunity to review the Wotofo Troll X!

ETA: use code TROX and get the Troll for $24.19.

Last edited:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Sourcemore sent me this Wotofo Troll X for the purpose of this review.
View attachment 948029
The Troll X is a dual or single coil, top fill, bottom air RTA. In the box, you’ll find the RTA, a bubble glass, a honeycomb airflow insert (slim groove airflow insert is installed), a bag of O rings and tools, a coil trimming tool, cotton laces, and a pair of framed staple clapton coils.

View attachment 948031

It’s 24mm wide, 36mm high (without the drip tip), and it holds 3ml of liquid with the straight glass, 4.4ml with the bubble glass. It comes in black, SS, blue metal, blue, gold, and rainbow – I got the rainbow.

It does not come with a spare drip tip, but I’d like to point out the very nice drip tip it comes with. It’s a little thing, but a nice touch.
View attachment 948035

I built it with the included coils and cotton, but first I popped out the grooved AF and put in the honeycomb. They’re really tiny and seem fragile, but they do slide in and out quite easily, and the honeycomb gives a nice smooth air flow.
View attachment 948037

(please excuse my beater Eleaf)

The machining and finish look flawless to me. The threading is crisp, and that delicate knurling doesn’t just look beautiful, it works beautifully, too. The top and bottom are super easy to grip, so it’s easy to take the tank apart or adjust the air.

Air flow is fairly open – I’ve had RTAs with more air flow, this is a tad less open but it’s still sufficient. It has five air holes on two sides, and closed down to one it’s restricted enough for most, I would think, while still being very smooth and not getting too hot. The coils sit cradled in a curved deck, with your choice of inserts right in the center, so there’s zero guesswork about how to get those coils in the air flow properly. And there’s plenty of room to poke that cotton through the deck. This is designed to not need a lot of know-how or trial and error to get a good vape.
View attachment 948033

The top fill is a slide to open deal, and there is a tiny dot where you push to open, but it’s hard to see, easy to miss if you're not aware it’s there. The top is very firm, I have zero worry that it’ll open accidentally. And there’s also a substantial membrane with a slit in the fill port. I’ve held it upside down with the slide open and no leaks at all. Well done.

Cons... I don’t have much negative to say about this. The screws are a bit on the wee side, but they didn’t give me any grief. I would have liked a little more juice capacity. It’s a somewhat thirsty tank, especially in dual coil mode. And it’s easy to fill, once you find that microscopic arrow. It is bottom air, so if you don’t get enough cotton to the deck, it could leak. But they do give you plenty of room to get that cotton in.

Pros...If I had to give it a number, I’d say the flavor is a solid 8, and I might nudge that to a 9 with a different build if I play with it a bit. It’s really well made, and comes apart, goes together very nicely, even right out of the box. The airflow adjusts from quite restricted to plenty open – I’d say about 8.5 out of 10. The slide cap – and that’s a feature I’m always leery of – is really well done, very firm, no worries about carrying it in a pocket or purse. It also comes in a nice range of colors, and the price is right.

All in all, this is a really nice RTA and will stay in rotation.

Thanks, Sourcemore, for the opportunity to review the Wotofo Troll X!
Nice review Delores :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread