Them TV Doublers......Whadda ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speezix

Nov 29, 2011
RI
I've been noticing a lot of mention of Doublers in many of the threads here, and would love the opportunity to dispel any myths.....answer any questions.....take all comments.......

TVChris

Good timing man! I placed my first order with T.V. that was shipped Monday and arrived TODAY. I'm at the opposite side of the country (CA to RI), and it was here at 11 AM this morning. UNREAL. So insanely fast shipping aside (thanks USPS), lets get down to the flavor.

I ordered Caramel Pecan Waffles as a 50/50 sweetened doubler. I'm getting plenty of flavor. I'm letting a 15 ml (thanks for that, btw!) bottle steep for a week or two since this juice isn't even 60 hours old yet! It's just a baby!

If this juice were a band, the subtle maple-y (maybe thats the pecan, too?) flavor would be on cowbell, caramel as the lead singer, and the waffle/pecan flavors covering the rhythm section.

The flavors are real. I taste the waffles and pecan as one entity, caramel, and even a buttery sensation? Wow. I haven't tasted anything like this in a juice before.

Lite and nutty tasting through a ego T LR tank atty on a standard 3.7v ego battery.

The caramel and waffle flavors play through more dripped on a LR "Versus" Vapor Station 510 atty.

VAPOR UP THE YING YANG with a 50/50 mix. I'm plunging in a little 20mg/ml flavorless PG, vapor production isn't put down whatsoever.

My conclusion? 5 out of 5 waffles. I'll be placing another order very soon. Glad to do business with my new favorite juice vendor :vapor:.

Thank you!!

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
I vape at 6mg, so I order the 4oz bottles & add nic to them. Since I use 100mg/ml nic it's just a few ml & doesn't change the taste or dilute the flavor. One thing I did notice with this last order of MO..........I am tasting ALOT of cinnamon in it. Just wondering if the recipe has changed any since its original inception? I've TRIED, and I mean I've tried REALLY hard to stay away from TV because I wanted to go all VG & with organic VG based flavoring. I just can't stay away from POB & MO.

timothy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2010
texas
I love AC and a while back ordered the one ounce nicjuice24 mg and doubler and a bottle of 12 mg I used the doubler to cut the 24 to two 12 mg bottles there was a definant diffrance in the taste of the one 12 mg premixed and the two others with the doubler used the one premixed had better flavor(more flavor) the two I used the doubler on tasted watered down and yes I let them steep for a week after mixing?

scross1

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
Orlando
After almost 2 years of vaping, I went to zero nicotine and I love the doublers. TV is the only juice I will vape. I have noticed some difference between bottles on occasion but never enough to be a problem. I keep a nice stash of TFA flavorings and TV sucralose so I can adjust any juice to my individual taste. I am a heavy vapor- about 6 ml's per day- so I really appreciate the savings from the doublers. Hi Chris.

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
tv 002.jpg

Hi everybody, thanks for all the comments, keep em coming!
There are things I can talk about and things I can't talk about. I can't give away any trade secrets (recipes, ratios, etc). But let me say this, you all know when we ship our bottles they are filled to the top of the wall of the bottle. In the attached picture the 1oz bottle contains 1.01+ ounces (30ml), a 2oz contains 2.03 ounces (60ml), a 4oz contains almost 4.06 ounces (120ml). NOTE*** They are all considerably less full in this picture compared to what you actually receive from us. That 4oz bottle leaves our place with about 4 1/2 ounces of liquid. Nobody seems to dispute this. The question repeatedly raised is do we add sufficient quantities of flavorings. A 1oz bottle has plenty of flavoring for that bottle when it is filled to the rim. The 4oz doubler is about 4 1/2 oz of liquid and it contains five times the flavoring of a one ounce bottle. So they are not weaker. They are slightly stronger than a one ounce bottle. If you want to dilute it with 100mg nic of unknown origin or age........well that's not what it was designed for. Geoff wanted to give customers a way to vape their favorite TV flavors as economically as possible. If you vape at 12mg/ml, and you buy 1oz 48mg/ml = $15.30, 4 oz doubler = $15.75, that will give you 4 one oz portions of 12mg at about $7.75 per ounce and still have an ounce and a half of doubler left over.
Thanks, TVChris

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
I love AC and a while back ordered the one ounce nicjuice24 mg and doubler and a bottle of 12 mg I used the doubler to cut the 24 to two 12 mg bottles there was a definant diffrance in the taste of the one 12 mg premixed and the two others with the doubler used the one premixed had better flavor(more flavor) the two I used the doubler on tasted watered down and yes I let them steep for a week after mixing?

A/C shouldn't need to steep. I've heard this type of complaint a few times and have trouble explaining it. It should not be the case. The doubler should actually be ever so slightly stronger than the nic-liq. Mixing them, as we have done countless times in our ongoing R & D, has never produced a weaker liquid in our shop???????
Thanks, TVChris

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
View attachment 82760

Hi everybody, thanks for all the comments, keep em coming!
There are things I can talk about and things I can't talk about. I can't give away any trade secrets (recipes, ratios, etc). But let me say this, you all know when we ship our bottles they are filled to the top of the wall of the bottle. In the attached picture the 1oz bottle contains 1.01+ ounces (30ml), a 2oz contains 2.03 ounces (60ml), a 4oz contains almost 4.06 ounces (120ml). NOTE*** They are all considerably less full in this picture compared to what you actually receive from us. That 4oz bottle leaves our place with about 4 1/2 ounces of liquid. Nobody seems to dispute this. The question repeatedly raised is do we add sufficient quantities of flavorings. A 1oz bottle has plenty of flavoring for that bottle when it is filled to the rim. The 4oz doubler is about 4 1/2 oz of liquid and it contains five times the flavoring of a one ounce bottle. So they are not weaker. They are slightly stronger than a one ounce bottle. If you want to dilute it with 100mg nic of unknown origin or age........well that's not what it was designed for. Geoff wanted to give customers a way to vape their favorite TV flavors as economically as possible. If you vape at 12mg/ml, and you buy 1oz 48mg/ml = $15.30, 4 oz doubler = $15.75, that will give you 4 one oz portions of 12mg at about $7.75 per ounce and still have an ounce and a half of doubler left over.
Thanks, TVChris
This is the question I had. So it is NOT meant to just add unflavored nic juice? It is to only add TV flavored nic juice in the same flavor. Only problem is I want to place an order and am not sure if I will like it. So I don't want to order a 1 oz bottle as well as a 2 oz doubler only to find out I don't like it and have 90ML of juice i dislike. Also don't want to order 1 oz nic juice in the nic level I usually vape only to find out I love it and then if i go buy a doubler it will drop my nic level down below what I vape. This would not be a huge problem if you were buying just 1 juice but I wanted to try 3 or 4 flavors at least and then will have to vape ALL of the 30 Ml bottles first and then place another order for the higher nic level as well as the doubler to actaully save money. Does that make sense? :confused:*SIGH I really wish you offered sample sizes in more than just those 15 flavors. :unsure: With my juice experience I've blown so much money already on juices i don't like and to take the plunge on a 30Ml bottle for EACH flavor I want to try would be way too expensive. I've heard such great things but now will only be ordering 1 or 2 flavors to try. My odds of liking a flavor from your company would be greatly increased if I were able to try more flavors, therefore earning you a lot more money. i'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. Even 15ML bottles I could deal with, but only 1oz? :ohmy: Do you ever plan on changing this? Also, one of the flavors I want to try is butter cream cupcake that Dog and Clay reviewed but I can't find it. Is it just the Buttercream Icing and then you add the cupcake as the second flavor? Thanks for your help. :)

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
Hey Karla, well......each and every bottle (except the 15 samples) are hand mixed per the customer's order. The same labor (an expensive part of every custom mixed bottle) would make a 15ml bottle not so much of a bargain. We think $15.30 for 1oz is a pretty not bad deal. Yah, if you try it and don't care for it that can be expensive, and we absolutely do not recommend going the high nic and doubler route unless it is a flavor you have tried and love. So for trying flavors THIS WEEK we are running our 3 for 2 sale. 3 of the 1oz nic-liqs for $30.60. That's $10.20 per 1oz bottle. That's less than the price for most vendor's 15ml size. If you don't care for it (glass half empty) it could be 10 bucks not well spent. If you love it (glass half full) it could be 10 buck well spent. The samples we sell (I think you said you saw the flavors on our website) are 10ml for $6.75, for a couple bucks more (this week) we give you a lot of liquid. We have tens of thousands of happy customers around the world that have rolled the dice and have been very happy with the gamble on trying us.

Cupcake is one of our "Premium Recipes". When choosing cupcake, it allows you to select additional flavorings, butter cream is one of them (pineapple or chocolate are also very popular). Any questions in placing an order, please feel free to call toll free (888)389-3229 or use the live online help on the website.

Hope to hear you rolled the dice on us! TVChris

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
This is the question I had. So it is NOT meant to just add unflavored nic juice? It is to only add TV flavored nic juice in the same flavor. Only problem is I want to place an order and am not sure if I will like it. So I don't want to order a 1 oz bottle as well as a 2 oz doubler only to find out I don't like it and have 90ML of juice i dislike....

For what it's worth, if you don't like your juice you will most likely be able to sell it on the classifieds nearly instantly (as long as you offer a reasonable open bottle discount). Since it's TV, I guarantee that even if you don't particularly care for a flavor, someone else might jump at the chance to buy it from you. I experienced this with bananas foster and a mocha flavor. I'm not a big fan of either bananas or coffee, so I'm not sure what I was thinking by ordering those. :) In any case, I didn't get stuck with them for too long until I was (reasonably) reimbursed and could order some rather incredible German chocolate cake. I think it took me about 23 minutes to sell my slightly used TV juice.

I generally get a 4 oz doubler + two 48mg 1oz bottles. With the 48mg I get 10% vg (the highest allowed), then in the ordering information I'll request that the doubler be mixed @ 70% vg. It's a little complicated, but in the end I have 6 oz of 16mg 50/50 pg/vg with no leftover doubler.

The doubler at 70% vg content apparently isn't available with all the recipes, but they'll make it as high vg as they can if not.

Try the cupcake with strawberry and buttercreme. Chris will deny this, I'm sure, but I'm fairly confident that there's crack in the strawberry buttercreme cupcake. It's amazing.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
Hey Karla, well......each and every bottle (except the 15 samples) are hand mixed per the customer's order. The same labor (an expensive part of every custom mixed bottle) would make a 15ml bottle not so much of a bargain. We think $15.30 for 1oz is a pretty not bad deal. Yah, if you try it and don't care for it that can be expensive, and we absolutely do not recommend going the high nic and doubler route unless it is a flavor you have tried and love. So for trying flavors THIS WEEK we are running our 3 for 2 sale. 3 of the 1oz nic-liqs for $30.60. That's $10.20 per 1oz bottle. That's less than the price for most vendor's 15ml size. If you don't care for it (glass half empty) it could be 10 bucks not well spent. If you love it (glass half full) it could be 10 buck well spent. The samples we sell (I think you said you saw the flavors on our website) are 10ml for $6.75, for a couple bucks more (this week) we give you a lot of liquid. We have tens of thousands of happy customers around the world that have rolled the dice and have been very happy with the gamble on trying us.

Cupcake is one of our "Premium Recipes". When choosing cupcake, it allows you to select additional flavorings, butter cream is one of them (pineapple or chocolate are also very popular). Any questions in placing an order, please feel free to call toll free (888)389-3229 or use the live online help on the website.

Hope to hear you rolled the dice on us! TVChris
OK You guys Talked me into it. :glare: I also put in the notes that I talked to you and that I like my flavors strong. I don't know if that will help but I figured it can't hurt. I ordered under Donald Hammond if there's anyway you can tell them to add a little extra flavor ;) If it's not good, no biggie, I'll just have to hunt you down. :ohmy: I went with the butter cream cupcake, pineapple cupcake, and just butter cream. I almost got the Dulce Deleche but couldn't find any reviews on it, so I decided at the last minute to just get the plain butter cream since that's been my favorite at another vendor. I will let you know what I think when I get them. I figured with the buy 2 get one free now's the best time to try it out. :vapor:

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
Yay! Hey, would it be possible for you to mix the 1 oz bottles at 16 or 18mg and 50/50 pg/vg if I request it at checkout?

Unfortunately our equipment is set up to dispense 12, 24, 36, or 48 mg only. There is actually a lot of math to mix and perfectly meter exact amounts. And as for the 50/50. after we put in the nic, and flavors there is only so much room for VG (most flavors and the nic are pg base). If you order 12mg on SOME recipes we can get in 50% VG. With 48mg MOST recipes we can only get in about 10%.
TVChris

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
OK You guys Talked me into it. :glare: I also put in the notes that I talked to you and that I like my flavors strong. I don't know if that will help but I figured it can't hurt. I ordered under Donald Hammond if there's anyway you can tell them to add a little extra flavor ;) If it's not good, no biggie, I'll just have to hunt you down. :ohmy: I went with the butter cream cupcake, pineapple cupcake, and just butter cream. I almost got the Dulce Deleche but couldn't find any reviews on it, so I decided at the last minute to just get the plain butter cream since that's been my favorite at another vendor. I will let you know what I think when I get them. I figured with the buy 2 get one free now's the best time to try it out. :vapor:

Thanks for giving us a chance Karla. I'll make sure they're mixed on the strong side. If you didn't take us up on the $3 rush service look for about 48 to 72 hours to ship (we get slammmmmmed when we run 3 for 2).
TVChris

rojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Johnson City, TN
I actually just got an email stating it has already been shipped now! :ohmy: Wow, you guys are already off to a great start with good cutomer service and fast shipping! :thumbs: Thanks so much. looking forward to giving them a try. :vapor:

Whenever you get them, you should put them someplace dark and cool for a week (or two would be even better) to let them steep. My strawberries and cream didn't really seem to mature until it was about a month old. If you get impatient and want to try your new flavors sooner, just be sure and shake the snot out of your bottles before dispensing. In any case, as good as you think they are the first time you taste them, you'll probably like them better after they've had a couple of weeks to meld into a more complimentary and homogeneous flavor.

Karla Lyle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Frederick, md
I so wish I could have gotten my order before this sale ended :( I keep hearing such great things I'm tempted to place another order anyways even before trying the juice LOL. Just like you stated I can always sell it if I don't like it. I have juices from 3 vendors coming tomorrow though so I keep telling myself to just wait, that way if I like it I can order the doublers too. :unsure:

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
I've tried about ten juice companies, and I am sticking with TASTY VAPOR. I have been vaping for about two years, and I think I have been using the doubler like most people. Try out a flavor in a one ounce bottle of 24 MG, if you like it, then the next time buy a 48MG and a doubler in that same flavor. Mix 1 NIC to 1 ounce doubler for a while, then 1 Nic to 2oz, and so on. Right now I mix 1oz 48mg to the full 4oz (about 9MG), and every time I stepped down, I didn't notice any difference in the lower Nic levels.

I am going to stick with the 9MG level for a while. I have my favorite flavors I am sticking to:
Atomic Cinnecide, Caramel Popcorn, Plain Waffles.....My all time favorites.
Vanilla- butter cream- Cupcake, Banana Nut Bread, Cafe Mocha, Raspberry Cheese Cake.

I am glad you guys found that the duel-coil work best with your liquid, I have known this since last summer. Those tanks and tank cartomizers don't wick well, and ruin the taste of your excellent liquid.

Now I don't have to order my ST DC at another place, with more shipping costs to me.

Offer your juice to retailers in bulk. In San Diego we have a real E-Cig store here (Vapure), but their Juices are terrible. I feel sorry for all those people who don't buy their stuff from the internet, and don't know how great a Juice can taste. I asked them if they had a caramel popcorn Juice, and they said yes they have Caramel Kettle Corn. Then I asked if it tasted like this, and gave her a puff off of my e-cig. She said Wow, that tastes great. Then she shook her head and mouthed ""NO", ours isn't".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread