there are always somethings to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
been vaping for about two yrs now. only mech mods and always around .35 ohm. been looking at all those fancy coils being built and decided i want to build them too.

building the coils was the easy part.

since i was building the coils that could dip down to .2 ohm and below, i got a regulated mod that can handle 200 w.

learning to used that new regulated mod was a hell. but now i think i got it more or less figured it out.

1. battsry safety should always be the first.
2. check those rda and juice every few puffs if you don't enjoy burnt cotton.
3. check the vape at 3.7 v and 4.2 v. then raise the wattage slowly to the swwet spot.

it's bit different from the mech mod, but i like the consistency of the regulated mod. still trying to figure out setting the attys to optimal config every time i change the coil, but it's more fun then the frustrations i had in last few days.

Reactions: Eskie

bullet08

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2014
USA
i just realize the biggest newbie mistake i have been making for last week or so.. just banging my head trying to figure out what i was doing wrong to make the vape so harsh.. realized just now the air wasn't hitting the coil directly! i don't know why, but found out some time ago that if the air hole/slot/intake is not directly next to the coil, the vape is harsh and it's less dense. for whatever reason, i had the air intake right next to wick and away from the coil.. dang, how sweet the vape is now, even at crazy high wattage :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
i just realize the biggest newbie mistake i have been making for last week or so.. just banging my head trying to figure out what i was doing wrong to make the vape so harsh.. realized just now the air wasn't hitting the coil directly! i don't know why, but found out some time ago that if the air hole/slot/intake is not directly next to the coil, the vape is harsh and it's less dense. for whatever reason, i had the air intake right next to wick and away from the coil.. dang, how sweet the vape is now, even at crazy high wattage :)

Yeah airflow is a big deal. It's amazing how many factors, from the power, the build, the wick, the airflow, and even the drip tip you go with. Glad it's working out, because once it all comes together, it's really enjoyable.

Reactions: bullet08

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

You got it bullet08 :)

I vaped mech mods for a few years before going regulated. The main reason I tried regulated was to get away from the limitation of resistance = watts. That advantage is something I would find hard to leave behind now. The ability to adjust wattage without touching the coil is also very nice.

Vape on :cool:

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Regulated mods are cool, I guess. Mrs Rule seems to enjoy hers. I've offered her one of my REOs, but she has no interest.
Me, on the other hand, I've never owned one, except for back in my early days of vaping, with a Provari. I still enjoy setting up, using, and experimenting with mechanicals. It's all I use. But there's still always something to learn, as far as fine tuning the set up.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Regulated mods are cool, I guess. Mrs Rule seems to enjoy hers. I've offered her one of my REOs, but she has no interest.
Me, on the other hand, I've never owned one, except for back in my early days of vaping, with a Provari. I still enjoy setting up, using, and experimenting with mechanicals. It's all I use. But there's still always something to learn, as far as fine tuning the set up.

Like all this stuff, mechs fill a good spot in the market, and there are lots of folks who enjoy them. Maybe you do have to think a bit more strategically when building, but the simplicity of design is a serious attraction. Regulated mods have their own spot in the ecosystem of vaping. Choice is good. I just happen to have lots of regulated mods, and just a few mechs.

Reactions: Ryedan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread