There have been some issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lwebb

Jun 25, 2013
Virginia
I've been lurking for a couple weeks now. I quit smoking semi cold turkey around 3 months ago. I used herbs (damiana, red clover, passion flower, etc...) and a cig roller for the first couple weeks. Anyway you can't smoke those in public as they smell just like pot, so I quit carrying them. I love smoking I just hate being addicted to something so I bought a V2 808D automatic and around 20 zero nic cartos.

There have been some issues. I've tried to educate myself on this topic but good lord there is so much information on this forum.

So I've been using these carto's from V2 and initially they all taste a little like bathroom cleaner. After they've been opened and puffed on for a while this seems to subside. Maybe I just get used to it but after the first 10 puffs or so it's fairly tasty. Some are worse than others. Menthol, peppermint, chocolate, vanilla, are pretty good. So I'm puffing contentedly... lot's of vapor, satisfactory flavor, all is well with the world, and then with no warning I'm slapped in the face with this god awful acrid burnt taste. I have some blank VG that I've been using to refill with and when I catch it before it dries out it's fine but I've burned up 4-5 cartos and I'm sick of it. There has to be a better way.

I think I want to continue using the 808d battery or something of similar size/appearance. The size of a cig is just simpler socially and mechanically. My battery is silver with a blue light so there isn't much worry about people getting confused. I may get an ego mini vivi whatchamacallit for personal use at home eventually but honestly I'm satisfied with the power and longevity of my 808. I'm pretty sure the cartos are the problem.

I'm looking for a clearomizer that won't leak, won't crack, fits nicely on my batt and is reusable for as long as possible with as little fuss as possible. Lacking that has anyone made an 808 carto that doesn't burn up so easy.

Thanks,
Lwebb

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Figuring out how long you can vape before burning a carto is just part of the learning process.
Top them off occasionally until you figure out how much you use / how often you need to refill, there aint no magic way for us to tell you how often that will be.
The only clearo's that won't crack from caustic juices are glass or metal, as far as leaking goes all of them leak sooner or later.

I use 3 ~ 5 ml's per day, that would be a bunch of refilling / topping off small cartos to get through a day.

BigCypress

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2010
RI
I love noob demands. Must have this has to do that.

This is a process. It evolves faster than we can keep up with.

Just try things until you find it.

Here is what worked for me in the beginning.

Ego 650 boge 2.0 cartomizer. Condom fill from battery end.
start adding juice after the 6 the ish drag. Keep adding juice.

Then I got a silver bullet and got iinto carto tanks

Now I use mechanicals and genesis.

This is over a three year period.

Its not free and usually not cheap. UNTIL you find what works. Now it costs me like 50¢ a day.

Good luck!

Lwebb

Jun 25, 2013
Virginia
I love noob demands. Must have this has to do that.

Is asking what the best clearomizer for an 808D is really a "noob demand"? I know what thread's my battery has, I know what clearomizer/cartomizer/atomizer/cartotank each mean basically. I am aware that clearomizer's tend to leak and crack and clog so I asked what the best one for my threads was considering the issues with clearomizers. I spent a week on this forum feeling out what my next step would be. I may move onto a larger PV after I try a clearomizer but I like my battery's size and power and I'd like to see if a clearomizer can fix the burned carto issue I'm having.

So maybe I should restate my question...

I like 808D batteries, but I'm burning carto's cause I can't tell when they are empty. Is there a better liquid delivery system for this battery considering leaks, durability, ease of use, and portability?

(Sorry if that came off as rude, tone is hard to put across well on a forum)

Lwebb

Jun 25, 2013
Virginia
e-Smart clearomizers - package of 5

V2 uses KR808D-1 theads...these are the ones I use...went eGo...now iTaste MVP...51 days tabocco free

Those are the clearo's I was leaning towards. Would you mind telling me about your experience with them. I know they are a little larger in diameter than my battery. Do they look/feel natural on the smaller batt? Could you carry them in your pocket without leaks?

BillyTheWild

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
Out of Nowhere
Lwebb, cig-a-likes aren't inherently bad and more advanced systems aren't guaranteed to be good. I tried a few cig-a-likes, some I absolutely hate but I love the one I am using now, honestly I can and I have used just that all day long. I have other more advanced devices, some I absolutely hate and some I love. I think it's about finding the one in each category that work the best for you and learn the best way/situation to use it.

To each his/her own, but I don't use my bigger devices out in public. I use my cig-a-like when in public and use my bigger, more advanced devices at home. This scheme works very well for me and maybe it will for you too. Have you thought about having both systems?

Lwebb

Jun 25, 2013
Virginia
To each his/her own, but I don't use my bigger devices out in public. I use my cig-a-like when in public and use my bigger, more advanced devices at home. This scheme works very well for me and maybe it will for you too. Have you thought about having both systems?

I have. Once I establish that this isn't a personal fad like eating vegetables or working out then I plan on getting pretty deep into the DIY stuff. If I keep vaping I'll probably have a fairly elaborate array of toys. For now though I just want to try to get my cigalike working right before I worry about what I'll use at home.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think what a couple posters have tried to say is, if you continue vaping you're going to upgrade eventually to at least an eGo type battery. It's a collective experience thing. Anyways, good that you're not smoking and satisfied for the time being with your setup.

If I may make a suggestion, should you have a vape shop nearby most will let you try different devices. IMHO it's worth the time and trouble to do that. At least it was for me. Good Luck :)

BigEd781

Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
San Diego
I have. Once I establish that this isn't a personal fad like eating vegetables or working out then I plan on getting pretty deep into the DIY stuff. If I keep vaping I'll probably have a fairly elaborate array of toys. For now though I just want to try to get my cigalike working right before I worry about what I'll use at home.

You may want to take a second look at those "vegetable" and "working out" fads as well. They're pretty important :D

Many of us, myself included, wanted a cigalike at first because the mods look goofy. We also wanted a flavor which matched our cigarette of choice because, hey, who wants that namby pamby, gimmicky, sweet crap? Many (most?) of us changed our minds, but only after spending a lot of money on stuff that just didn't work very well.

I'm not claiming that there are no decent cigalikes out there. Most of them are crap, but some that I have tried are acceptable. However, none that I have tried compare to my current setup and, for me, vape quality > anything else, because a good vape is what keeps me away from cigarettes.

Anyway, my :2c:. Not sure if that helps you at all, just my experience thus far.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Look. There's 100's of us on here that started out with cig-a-likes. Some still use them exclusively. For years.

The trick is matching the ohms. I'd say don't go below 2.0 ohms. 2.3 is normal. They don't put out as much vapor due to amp limits. They don't last long on a charge. But get a stack of em. You'll need backups when some die. Back when I used them they lasted about 3 months before they gave up. YMMV.

JustMe2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Southern Arizona
Those are the clearo's I was leaning towards. Would you mind telling me about your experience with them. I know they are a little larger in diameter than my battery. Do they look/feel natural on the smaller batt? Could you carry them in your pocket without leaks?

What I'm currently carrying around in my front shirt pocket. Just a standard battery from V2 starter kit with a e-smart clearomizer. I cut off the clip part from the cap of a disposable pen that fits over the clearomizer.
I have 2 of them and when one battery or juice gives out I just grab the second one. Small and discrete and working pretty good so far.

P6210001.jpg

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Tip for keeping cartos juicy- put in 3 drops of ejuice for each 10 puffs. When you puff draw slow and long, not hard and fast. For ease of filly get a drip tip, a little plastic topper that allows you to fill without removing rubber cap over and over again. I also put on the plastic tops and bottoms to each carto when not in use, keeps it form drying out. VG is very very thick and does not wick easily, you best bet is at least 50/50 PG/VG or even higher PG. I usually use 80/20 or 70/30 PG/VG. Good luck! bnrk

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Dude, you really rolled up herbs and smoked them? That seriously made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Did you buy the prefilled carto's or are you filling blank ones? If you got prefilled, that may be why you're getting a bad taste after only a few hits. The KR808's have kinda fallen by the wayside. I would recommend you get a KR808 to 510 adapter. This is a piece of metal you screw onto the battery which will enable you to use 510 clearmizers Otherwise, your options will be pretty limited in terms of picking out a clearomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread