• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

There is no end to it...bootleg cigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
When I lived in southern Ohio, I would go to Kentucky. But they were on the lookout for Ohioans, so I'd have to hit a couple of different places. I had already left Ohio when their big increases hit. One friend started rolling his own...another ordered out of state.

Before the big Florida increase, I did go to the indian res...oh the lines there were incredible (especially right before the increases....like one could ever stock up enough).

No matter what the state governments try to do, they underestimated the power of "addicts."

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
Here in the Panhandle of Florida everyone is running over to Alabama since it's so close.
I can't see how they would stop some of it here unless they are buying huge amounts and obvious about it, as so many people here work over there and it's nothing unusual for people to stop and buy them on the way to/ from work.
Glad I quit so I don't have to worry about it now..

VA Slim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2009
Boynton Bch., FL USA
We travel to NC often. Just a few years ago the cigs were seriously cheap. Every trip I would buy cases to bring back for myself and friends. Then the prices kept going up....NC is a state that will "tax you to death and after", trust me when I say, they have taxes on everything, and please don't die there, they will tax you to do so.

Sorry, off topic, needless to say, I was always afraid that we might get stopped for speeding and get caught w/ cases of cigs. Don't have to worry about that now...the cigs, I mean. Still worry about the speeding, my husband named our conversion van, Jet Blue for a reason. He's like Ricky Bobby....."I wanna go fast"!

Fredrick

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
South Florida (Broward County)
lol.... Jet Blue!

Every state goes one state over for cigs. I just drove up to Massachusetts to camp, fish, and visit friends, and up there they go to New Hampshire forsmkes AND beer (Live Free or Die! ...I love that). I was surprised to find Georgia the cheapest in 8 or 9 states. I used to go to the Indian Res myself, but it's not cheap there these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread