Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
To honor the many birthday's this month of my favorite customers and very generous gifts from yours and my favorite modder in the world.

IkenVape is pleased to announce our very first Contest!
We have a sweet array of special mods. Approximately 15 of them to be exact! Preparations are being made for this event, but We Need Your Help!

IkenVape is founded on Always being there for the People and will Always remain that way. If it wasn't for you great members, we wouldnt be where we're at today! And If your signed up for the Newsletter, you probably read my never ending slew's of Thank You's! I can't be grateful enough to you guys, Friends and Family alike.

So with that being said, we would like to know how you would like to celebrate this First Time Ever Event!

1. We can have a Thread Count Contest. Where folks post and whichever pre-selected number they fall on, they win. Restriction applies due to forum rules. Maybe our Whirlwind of a favorite Moderator Angus can she light on a few things about this idea. Many of you weren't around for the 10,000 post contest that was a Real Blast! but also shut down the servers a few times :evil:

2.We can have a Riddle Type Contest, where the fastest Google monster wins, but this can be time consuming for me to gather up all the questions to get the party started.

3. You "The People" decide! We can compile all the best ideas and we'll run them in a poll!

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I'd say if you do the thread count one the numbers should be pre-selected but anonymous that way you avoid the server issues. Maybe pick out the number ahead of time and record a short video showing the number and the prize and then when the post number gets passed you could just post the video in the thread.

Another idea, which I've seen another vendor do here, is to do a photo identification contest. Takes a little more knowledge to win thus making it more challenging than a riddle that anyone could google.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Thy-I am back in Ala this week and played Wii with my grandson (3) and taught him to put his hand on his forhead-index finger up and thumb out-and call the person who just lost their last heart a LOSER. He is so sweet, when he lost he put his hand up, fingers in position and said-"I am a looooserrr". LOL. I thought of your av when he did this!

JeannieB360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2009
Central New Jersey, USA
How about anyone whose birthday is February 15 wins?

If that's too many winners, then how about the person(s) who turn 62 on their next upcoming birthday in February?

Or how about guessing how old I will be on my upcoming birthday and when said birthday is celebrated?

Alternative: Declare anyone who has a Chameleon or a Laser Pointer Mod from Ikenvape a winner.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Thy , That is a Great concept! I like it!, It's totally original and new. And you also inspired a Great idea for a finale! :thumbs:

Grimmer, I would like to do that, but I know alot of folks aren't comfortable with placing their pictures and personal information on the internet and it wouldn't be fair of me to leave them out in the cold, but still it's a great idea buddy.

LOL Tina! I was picturing it as you were saying it! Thats just hilarious :lol:

Mrs. Gina I think your luck is riding high with this one! :hubba:

Beings on how the votes are mixed equally. I would really like to give us a nice blend of luck,wit and skill. Some sort of trivia and riddles with landing on the appropriate post number, but the problem with mixing all these concepts also leaves gaps for confusion and error. Say a user gets the right post number but with the wrong answer. I would like to keep the rules simple so the contest can be played without worry of breaking complicated rules.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
How about anyone whose birthday is February 15 wins?

If that's too many winners, then how about the person(s) who turn 62 on their next upcoming birthday in February?

Or how about guessing how old I will be on my upcoming birthday and when said birthday is celebrated?

Alternative: Declare anyone who has a Chameleon or a Laser Pointer Mod from Ikenvape a winner.

Lol Those are great idea's Jeannie! I think you counted out the 2nd one!

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
glad to be of help Iken ... but...... lol.... now you have inspired another idea with your mention of mixing ideas.

This would be a little more complicated and time consuming to organize on your part though. But I'll post it anyhow just in case. ;)

You could think up a list of things, some obscure some not so obscure, and make up little riddles/clues that people would have to figure out in order to guess what each item on the list was. But instead of people just guessing at the answers on the forum, the first person to figure out what the items were and then find pictures of all of these things and post all of the pics in a single post would be your winner.

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
WE COULD PLAY BINGO!!!!

snickeringdog.gif

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
You could do a word association game. You give a clue every so often and we get to guess what the word or phrase is. I can't remember the name of the gameshow, it had two people as a team on either side of the host and they gave a one word clue to their partner. It could be a phrase instead. Would take a little longer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread