Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The underwear and scuba equipment industries? Be specific.

Seriously though, the issue is a word “vaping” and some hardware. The hardware doesn’t really do anything special it’s an electric heater for liquids. There are lots and lots of ways to heat liquids. So basically it’s just the one word.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The pot and ecig industries :facepalm:.
the legal pot industry is certainly trying hard to make that happen. They want to slide under the acceptability threshold of e-cigarettes. What is happening instead is they’re simply destroying that threshold.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I always felt, that in the near future, I'd be buying my vape gear at a headshop; complete with a sign on the door that read "No discussion of tobacco allowed".

;)
That’s been happening for a long time now. CBD forced that merger over a year ago where I live. It’s really annoying to me. BTW, BT basically owns the legal pot products industry. So guess who is doing this. Again.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Let me be the first to say, I have a lot of cannabis smoking experience, but zilch when it comes to vaping it.

Are we allowed to talk about smoking it? Discuss different strains? Bongs?

The different types of high from cannabis?

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    The only way to distinguish the difference between nicotine vaping and cannibus vaping is to be completely transparent and not talk around the "Why we don't allow drug talk". Personally, I applaud the decision by ECF moderators to be able to discuss this issue openly. This is just another hurdle that we must cross or we will lose our legal right to vape anything.

Last edited:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    Let me be the first to say, I have a lot of cannabis smoking experience, but zilch when it comes to vaping it.

Are we allowed to talk about smoking it? Discuss different strains? Bongs?
    Why would we? It has zero to do with the topic.

I suspect it’s only even open because of the current CDC issue, and as such is probably temporary. I’m sure it can be turned off as easily as it was turned on.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    The only way to distinguish the difference between nicotine vaping and cannibus vaping is to be completely transparent and not talk around the "Why we don't allow drug talk". Personally, I applaud the decision by ECF moderators to be able to discuss this issue openly. This is just another hurdle that we must cross or we will lose our legal right to vape anything.
    I agree. But, there is a huge difference between talking about the difference and setting up forums where people can promote it. Because, in my opinion, that is just going to fall right in the lap of what the media is pushing that it is all the same thing.

"In our view, it is now untenable and, indeed, irresponsible to be running “e-cigarette forum” and preventing cannabis consumers from talking about their products here and learning from veterans of vaping technology.
    General Cannabis Discussion
    Cannabis Vape Products"

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I suspect it’s only even open because of the current CDC issue, and as such is probably temporary. I’m sure it can be turned off as easily as it was turned on.
    I agree. But, there is a huge difference between talking about the difference and setting up forums where people can promote it. Because, in my opinion, that is just going to fall right in the lap of what the media is pushing that it is all the same thing.
    I think you both could be right. I'm just happy we don't have certain words banned and don't have to come up with creative ways to discuss "the other stuff".

Both industries use the same vape gear. The only difference is the liquid.

I think it is extremely important to be able to discuss this topic openly at the moment. This tainted cannibus issue is arguably the greatest threat to nicotine replacement vaping that we have ever faced. Even more of a threat than underaged vaping and a flavor ban.

Last edited:

Horselady154

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    United States
    I think you both could be right. I'm just happy we don't have certain words banned and don't have to come up with creative ways to discuss "the other stuff".

Both industries use the same vape gear. The only difference is the liquid.

I think it is extremely important to be able to discuss this topic openly at the moment. This tainted cannibus issue is arguably the greatest threat to nicotine replacement vaping that we have ever faced. Even more of a threat than underaged vaping and a flavor ban.
    Yes, but again, that is not what I am talking about. A subforum was setup to promote it.
    ie. Cannabis vape products

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread