Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Jeeze you people sure like to argue! Whatever all that was about black and white... you're both wrong. It's all about the light! (I'm a photographer) Red light, blue, green... see the light fools ;)
Ansel Adams would agree I’m sure. Now that was some amazing stuff. I wonder what he would have thought of photoshop. Looked on sadly possibly. What a kick in the pants. “I spend 10 years of my life working out exactly what a #5 red filter will do for me and someone goes and makes that”

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Fascinating that the ban on discussion of this subject has been lifted.

I have seen information about the production and use of vapable cannabis products since 2014. I don't know if the term 'whole alkaloid' is transferable from the equivalent tobacco product, but the ones I have seen are produced by soaking in PG or extracted using a solvent. I have no interest in any narcotic canabis products.

I have been using a commercially produced CBD product from a highly reputable UK based company for about six months now to great effect. Rather than a WA oil product which of course would be completely unsuitable for vaping they extract the canabidiol molecule itself and dissolve it in a VG/PG mix. For those that don't know CBD is not narcotic, but has a range of very real health benefits as a soporific, an analgesic and a stress reliever.
I actually know one of the people who runs the company you're likely referring to. He is friends with my partner and came to visit her a couple years ago. He had come for a conference in Boston on this very subject and swung up to NY to stay a couple nights with us. Really great person, fascinating to talk with about his work.

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
Had you said "a tainted cannabis product" I would agree, but just as "vaping" took a hit (deaths etal)when it was merely the deliver method, pulling all cannabis under the tainted umbrella is inaccurate and misleading.

I hear an implication that the cannabis was tainted prior to it's reduction to an extract and further packaged illegally at which point it tainted the black market cartridges. That is simply not the case here.

Cheers
I

Tainted products have been found for sale in pharmacies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hey, have you fixed this yet? Seems very strange - and apocalyptic, frankly.
Woke up this am planning to tackle it first thing, and another restart had already fixed the cut/paste issue...at least for now. But I'm finding a bunch of other settings just wiped out. Having to redo a number of things.

Man, a new computer - I've gotta change the update settings. Go to restart late yesterday afternoon, and it was a huge update, about 1 1/2 hours, kept me at the office late. Never had an update change so many of my preferences.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Tainted products have been found for sale in pharmacies.
Exactly...tainted Tylenol does not mean all OTC pain relievers are poison.
Salmonella Turkey Twizzlers/chicken nuggets come from contaminated factories and should not imply that any type of "Meat" product is contaminated.
The broad brush ignores the truth and leads to hysteria. IMO.

Cheers
I

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Woke up this am planning to tackle it first thing, and another restart had already fixed the cut/paste issue...at least for now. But I'm finding a bunch of other settings just wiped out. Having to redo a number of things.

Man, a new computer - I've gotta change the update settings. Go to restart late yesterday afternoon, and it was a huge update, about 1 1/2 hours, kept me at the office late. Never had an update change so many of my preferences.
Bummer - I haven't done the update on my computers, yet. I'm nervous to, now :unsure:

• Optimistic
Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I don't actually remember the name of his company, that may or may not be it (doesn't ring a bell). I'll double check with Chrissy when she gets home. She's out hiking the John Muir Trail, so I won't have a chance to check until the 28th.

Reactions: Rossum

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
For those that don't know CBD is not narcotic, but has a range of very real health benefits as a soporific, an analgesic and a stress reliever.

Kinda sound like a medicine. Perhaps the FDA needs to be involved.

First step is the correct the incongruent Schedule 1 status of cannabis.
If it is being made in to a drug that is available via prescription it obviously was never a schedule 1 substance.

Tomatoes...Grow all you want, posses all you want, give them to friends, use them at will. You can even sell them. And a Dr. won't loose his license if he is caught "under the influence" and second amendment rights are not revoked simply for use or cultivation.

Home brewing of beer and alcohol or the cultivation of hops or nightshade family of plants is a parallel issue.

Native peoples have used coca leave for millennia...it was the extraction and concentration of the active substances that brought the world exceptional pain blocking medication and massive substance abuse problems.

The can of worms is huge...we (vapers) have hardly scratched the surface.

Cheers
I

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA

This is one of the problems with Windows 10; roughly twice a year Microsoft is basically doing an entire Windows re-install with a new Windows "build". This is one of the reasons I've stuck with 7, which doesn't do that. Unfortunately, security update support for 7 ends this January, which means it's not sane or reasonable to keep using it on-line after that time.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
This is one of the problems with Windows 10; roughly twice a year Microsoft is basically doing an entire Windows re-install with a new Windows "build". This is one of the reasons I've stuck with 7, which doesn't do that. Unfortunately, security update support for 7 ends this January, which means it's not sane or reasonable to keep using it on-line after that time.
Yeah, I'm not sure what the determining factor is though for whether the update/rebuilds screw up settings. I clearly can't argue that this happens to people--a lot--but I've not personally experienced it and I've been using Windows 10 for years on several PCs. I just took my personal PC through the new update, and nothing appears to have changed. Next, I'll take my work PC through it. Fingers crossed :unsure:

Reactions: ENAUD

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    My laptop has been wanting to update for some time. When it finally gets its way, I'd let it. Then it takes forever, gets super hot, and I unplug it before going to bed. Even though the battery pack has long expired, I'll be damned if I get caught in a house fire.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    Yeah, I'm not sure what the determining factor is though for whether the update/rebuilds screw up settings. I clearly can't argue that this happens to people--a lot--but I've not personally experienced it and I've been using Windows 10 for years on several PCs. I just took my personal PC through the new update, and nothing appears to have changed. Next, I'll take my work PC through it. Fingers crossed :unsure:
    I finally had to do this latest update today, and it took almost two hours!

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I like Windows 7, I don't particularly like or dislike Windows 10. However as is the trend and I suspect a conspiracy in the open between MS and the hardware manufacturers windows 10's footprint is freaking massively larger than Windows 7. MS bloats out windows with more pointless and resource hungry 'features', the hardware and PC sales market get to keep selling new higher spec 'entry level' machines to run it. Everyone's happy, except the consumer.
    I can keep W7 on my main machine, security updates are a mixed blessing and don't protect you from obvious self induced security risks.
    Or I can install W10 and take a huge performance hit, unless I upgrade my already freshly upgraded hardware.
    I'm staying on W7 for now, MS and Intel can eat a choad.

• Agree
    Reactions: Woofer

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 28, 2018
    Toronto, ON
    2 hours?

We all may not be on the same update schedule, will depend on how up to date our computers are, and what software we are running. But the other night I only received a few security updates, took a couple of minutes tops.

The latest feature update (to Win 10 v1903) was released in May, but even this was only a few GB (5 GB for 64bit versions, 3.5 GB for 32bit versions). It is possible a few additional updates can be included, but we are not talking large amounts.

2 hours is concerning, even for older/slower machines. You may have an underlying problem that is not revealed under normal use. There are a number of 3rd party drive health programs, or if you know your disks, check the manufactures site for such programmes.

Faulty ram could also be an issue where normal use is not accessing a faulty module, but an update may. Google “Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics” to learn how to perform memory scan. Be forewarned, this can take some time all while your computer is not available for use.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 25, 2014
    NY
    The recent update on my personal PC took about 3 minutes.

Windows 10 gets a rep for the bloatware but to be honest a majority of that comes from the PC manufacturers, or perhaps from MS, but when I built my own computer and installed Windows 10 on it, there was very little bloat in comparison to computers I bought in the past. There was definitely bloat, but nowhere near as much.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread