Status
Not open for further replies.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I always felt, that in the near future, I'd be buying my vape gear at a headshop; complete with a sign on the door that read "No discussion of tobacco allowed".

;)
I have an old glass water pipe with a sticker on it that says "for tobacco use only" ;)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: smacuser

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The recent update on my personal PC took about 3 minutes.

Windows 10 gets a rep for the bloatware but to be honest a majority of that comes from the PC manufacturers, or perhaps from MS, but when I built my own computer and installed Windows 10 on it, there was very little bloat in comparison to computers I bought in the past. There was definitely bloat, but nowhere near as much.

Win 10 is an evolution on bridging the gap between portability and stationary computing. With that there will be features one particular user group may not use, thus considered bloatware. There are other features I could do without on Win 10 but I do not find them to be intrusive or resource intensive. Despite Win 7 being the more mature OS, I find Win 10 to be much more stable. Application crashes still happen, that is of fault of those particular developers, but OS’s crashes are far less on Win 10

Building your own computer does have it benefits such as ensuring you are only installing the Windows OS and not an OEM image that may install 20 different apps that check for Wifi. But the DIY approach is not always an option. There are computers that can be purchased that are classified by Microsoft as “Signature”. These computers will be free of bloat/crapware. You get the OS, it’s necessary drivers and that is it!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Win 10 is an evolution on bridging the gap between portability and stationary computing. With that there will be features one particular user group may not use, thus considered bloatware. There are other features I could do without on Win 10 but I do not find them to be intrusive or resource intensive. Despite Win 7 being the more mature OS, I find Win 10 to be much more stable. Application crashes still happen, that is of fault of those particular developers, but OS’s crashes are far less on Win 10

Building your own computer does have it benefits such as ensuring you are only installing the Windows OS and not an OEM image that may install 20 different apps that check for Wifi. But the DIY approach is not always an option. There are computers that can be purchased that are classified by Microsoft as “Signature”. These computers will be free of bloat/crapware. You get the OS, it’s necessary drivers and that is it!
I agree. I've had very few OS crashes on Windows 10 over the years. I've actually never had a BSOD on Windows 10. I use about 3 computers regularly - work PC, personal PC and fire department PC. They've all been very stable.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Good point. I'm not immediately aware of NJ legal status on those products, but it seems to continue to be a state's rights issue.

Edit @Eskie : I wonder if it would include medically approved devices like we have here in FL.

Who knows? It would be up to the individual state. If FL has approved specific devices for medical use they may well not include that, or FL may never go after devices at all.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Cross posting, only because - IMHO - This information is appropriate for discussion in this thread too, especially given the subject . . .

The Day After - That "man's" uninformed comments concerning the "Vaping" hysteria . . . .

An Interesting Article in Local Newspaper - Sun Sentinel - Money Section . . .

Vaping company expands as feds investigate lung disease
    Boca Raton distributor Greenlane plans to open more stores this year

IMG_Vaping_Flavor_Bans-1_2_1_7K5SPH90.jpg

Efforts to ban flavored e-cigarettes and reduce their appeal to young consumers have sputtered under industry pressure this year. On Wednesday, the Trump Administration called for a ban on flavored e-cigarettes. (Robert F. Bukaty/AP )
    BY MARCIA HEROUX POUNDS

As U.S. health officials put out an alert about severe lung disease associated with vaping, a vape distributor and marketer in Boca Raton is expanding.

Greenlane on Thursday announced an expansion of stores throughout North America, news that came just days after health officialsput out an alert saying they are investigating 215 possible cases of severe lung disease associated with vaping.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration also issued a warning letter to San Francisco-based Juul Labs, a well-known maker of vape pens, for marketing unauthorized tobacco products, including a presentation given to youth at a school.

Greenlane, a marketing partner to Juul, couldn’t be reached for comment Thursday on its expansion plan or connection with Juul.

On Wednesday, the Trump administration called for a ban on flavored e-cigarettes, citing the growing use by teenagers.

Juul put out a statement concerning the White House announcement: “We strongly agree with the need for aggressive category-wide action on flavored products. We will fully comply with the final FDA policy when effective.”

Greenlane Holdings, a global seller of cannabis accessories, CBD and liquid nicotine products, on Thursday announced an agreement with real estate company Jamestown for the strategic North American expansion of its Higher Standards stores.

Higher Standards, Greenlane’s retail store, opened a flagship store at New York City’s Chelsea Market (formerly owned by Jamestown) in 2017, followed by a store at Jamestown’s Ponce City Market in Atlanta in March 2019.

Greenlane expects to have four Higher Standards stores operating in North America by year’s end.

Staff writer Cindy Goodman contributed to this report.

Even - More interesting to me at least was learning, what the actual distributor Greenland Holdings makes & their retail stores sell, especially some of their products that compete with one and another. From what I can fathom, it seems some of these products will be available whether or not e-cig & "Vaping" e-liquid are banned. Besides "Who We Are"

"Greenlane (NASDAQ: GNLN) is one of the largest global sellers of premium cannabis accessories, CBD and liquid nicotine products."​

IMHO - Ya' really should check it out - "Brands We Own"/Brands We Distribute" sections too : Greenlane: Leading Distributor to Dispensaries & Smoke Shops

Ya just might have the same confusing reactions I did . . . :rolleyes: :blink: o_O :unsure: :confused: :shock: :closedeyes: :facepalm:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread