The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

They got me (The Police )

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Harlen, Oct 4, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Harlen

Harlen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2013
    Charlotte Nc
    My brother in law came to the house and was looking at my stash of PG/VG Nicotine lots of flavors and mixing equipment
    He's Lt with the PD
    Gave me a look like I was doing something wrong .
    Asked what's that ?
    My lab lol then I went and told him what it all was and showed him my egos and SVD
    He asked if he can try one
    NEW NON SMOKER LOL LOL LOL
    Now he bums juice from me all the time says he likes mine better then what he gets at the B&M
    going on three weeks now he looks so happy lol

2. Maggie3199

Maggie3199 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2013
    Ohio
    That is so cool!! AND, you're making a terrific contribution (juice) to the public good.....keep up the good work. I love it when we can pay it forward. Vape on, Brother........:vapor:

3. joeybear

joeybear Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2013
    Southeast Wisconsin
    That's awesome!! Congrats to him for being smoke free and to you for contributing to the influence :D

4. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Great story friend. Before I clicked the thread title I was saying to myself. "Oh no not another story about someone getting pulled over for using their PV."

Hopefully he can educate his fellow officers.

5. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

That's exactly what when through my head too. :laugh:
    I'm very happy it's a good story and not a bad one. :D

6. mare ze dotes

mare ze dotes Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    WI/Boston
    So much goodness. Great story. Your a nice brother-in-law.

7. Spazmelda

Spazmelda Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Ha, sounds like you got them, or at least him. Good job!

8. wbart

wbart Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2013
    Easton, MD, USA
    I have been vaping outside the police dept since I started. Now they all know what a Vamo an Evic a MVP and a basic ego setup look like

9. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    well done, OP. i applaud you. the more cops that are educated on vaping, the better. and once one officer is educated, he will in turn pass on that info to other cops.

10. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I was giving a friend at a vape shop dingers for leaving his cash drawer open once. He just laughed and said that the lady in line behind me was a cop. :lol:

11. EvilZoe

EvilZoe Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

That. Is. AWESOME!

12. DaBucs

DaBucs Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2013
    Orlando, Fl
    haha awsome...of course I would have messed with him at first and said it was my Michael Eisner Talking Head lab :)

13. RubyRoo

RubyRoo Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Wow! Very cool and congrats to your bro-in-law for quitting! I'm glad that this wasn't another "cops pulled me over" story. I think it's important that law enforcement can get educated on what ecigs are. They are not for drugs, they are for awesomeness!

14. Charheartsyou

Charheartsyou Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Atlanta
    Cops snatched me while I was in a parking lot making a phone call. They questioned me for 30 minutes and took my vape from me. I kept insisting that it was nicotine and for them to test it. Needless to say the cops were very rude and treated me as if I was [moderated]. They called their Sargent in to "take a look." I couldn't believe it. When the Sargent arrived he grabbed my vape, shook his head and laughed, and handed it back to me. Smart guy. But for real....it's not like I was breaking windows or stealing cars I was on a smoke break and making a phone call!!!

15. wbart

wbart Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2013
    Easton, MD, USA
    Well being a Correctional Officer I can understand the suspicion but not the attitude. Just remember just because you do not do something illegal with a Vape does not mean that it has never been tried. I would be suspicious of a device that produced vapor as well if I was not an user. At least something good came out of it. They did learn what a vape was

16. thundrcack

thundrcack Full Member Verified Member

Jan 25, 2010
    visalia
    very nice, congrats to the both of you

17. Harlen

Harlen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2013
    Charlotte Nc
    Now he's got me getting ego's for his friends at the PD lol

18. Myrany

Myrany Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 14, 2013
    Louisiana
    Realize I am not quite awake yet here.....

The mental image I got of this was just hilarious.

Picture a dark alley and one upstanding guy talking to a nefarious looking character "Can ya hook me up with some vapes man?"

Now picture the upstanding guy in a Police uniform.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

19. RoseB

RoseB Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    Washington
    A good out come with a cop :) That's good to read.

20. Steaming EMT

Steaming EMT Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2013
    New Jersey
    Nice, that was a great story!!!
    And talking about COPS the other day I was talking to a friend who volunteers as an EMT with me and he also is a COP, I asked him about vaping while driving and he said that the law says:
    You can not operate a vehicle while using an electronic device (Is consider an electronic device if it has any kind of batteries)
    In my opinion is a catch 22 because it was intended to any device that take you eyes from the road and with a PV does not require to take your eyes from the road like cell or GPS etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.