They're afraid of us

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzooti

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2011
Brunswick, Maine
So, I was at the New England Vapers Facebook page, and there was a link to an article which featured quotes by one of the NEV members, and the gist I got from it is that the antismokers are less afraid of our pv's & juices than they are of us, the vaping community. They're afraid of the rapidly developing vaping 'culture', and see it as a resurgence of the 'smoking culture'. They're not afraid of one person vaping in their home (although they'll attack you there if they can) but the thought of a unified vaping community gives them the willies. They're like a group of bullies-they can only beat you when they have you outnumbered.

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
Some people with no physical or psychological addiction to any substance, seem to think that yeilding to any addiction is morally wrong.
Probably difficult for them to whip up support on the basis of well known (legal or illegal) substances. PVs+nic might seem a delicious new battlefield to them(?)

Depressing, but i think it's true.

Tersur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Bfe Kentucky
Fortunately for me ive recently discovered that im MORE happy at 6mg Nic than i was at 24. I think i would be fine going nic free. But that would ruin the industry for new customers and that is not good.
Some people with no physical or psychological addiction to any substance, seem to think that yeilding to any addiction is morally wrong.
Probably difficult for them to whip up support on the basis of well known (legal or illegal) substances. PVs+nic might seem a delicious new battlefield to them(?)

Depressing, but i think it's true.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
As smokers we never group together and fought back because we always new at some level we were in the wrong.
After making the switch, we know we are in the right and willing to fight and that scares them!

No doubt.

What I wonder about is that we will always be outnumbered and whether or not we are fighting hard enough. It seems there is no end to the misleading articles, proposed bans etc. You see total bans on e-cigs in some countries yet it remains so easy to go and buy a pack of cigarettes. I think that is a dead giveaway as far as their "intent" goes.

In any case, I am not saying that people aren't doing their absolute best. Their time, preparation and responses are working and getting results!! I just feel we have to find a way to do even more as the deck is not just stacked but really heavily stacked against us.

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
I don't believe such a person exists; some people are better at hiding theirs.

You're right, of course. It ought to have read 'Some people with no physical or psychological addiction to any substance beside those widely accepted for historical or social reasons. For example coffee, television or painkillers.'
Or something like that.

arbogast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
Norway
No doubt.

What I wonder about is that we will always be outnumbered and whether or not we are fighting hard enough. It seems there is no end to the misleading articles, proposed bans etc. You see total bans on e-cigs in some countries yet it remains so easy to go and buy a pack of cigarettes. I think that is a dead giveaway as far as their "intent" goes.

In any case, I am not saying that people aren't doing their absolute best. Their time, preparation and responses are working and getting results!! I just feel we have to find a way to do even more as the deck is not just stacked but really heavily stacked against us.
I agree. But even if every hand they play is successfully countered, we'll probably still see increased regulation from governments and health departments in the future.
This is the golden age of vaping, I fear.

EDIT: (sorry about double post)

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Some people with no physical or psychological addiction to any substance, seem to think that yeilding to any addiction is morally wrong.........

I don't believe such a person exists; some people are better at hiding theirs.

anyone addicted to caffeine, salt, sugar, high-fructose corn syrup, red meat, meat in general, fatty foods, shopping, lottery tickets, natural milk, etc.....is a short step from following in our footsteps....seems anything one might enjoy has a group advocating against its use these days.

/cynical rant over.....:)

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
No doubt.

Ever heard of apathetic. That is what the American people have become, even some of us that vape. In the beginning, most of us are all fired up, but them a lot of us take a step over to the sideline and expect others to carry on the fight.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
anyone addicted to caffeine, salt, sugar, high-fructose corn syrup, red meat, meat in general, fatty foods, shopping, lottery tickets, natural milk, etc.....is a short step from following in our footsteps....seems anything one might enjoy has a group advocating against its use these days.

Yeah, who would have thought...... Life is one huge PR/marketing game and he who has the most influence wins. :)

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places

I completely agree. If a majority of people "like" something, then it must be bad for us according to the "do-gooders".

Taintedhalo

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2011
Kentucky
You're right, of course. It ought to have read 'Some people with no physical or psychological addiction to any substance beside those widely accepted for historical or social reasons. For example coffee, television or painkillers.'
Or something like that.

So very true. One of the funniest things I have seen is reaction to the fact that we have no tv reception in my house. I could pay for dish but we just never had much use for tv anyway. Now tell that to the general person and they look at me like I have grown an extra head. I am asked how my poor kids are dealing with it. My "poor" kids were in on the choice to dump the dish. LOL They have lots to do that they enjoy it just doesn't include the tv. The shuddering and pure horror reactions I get from most tell me this is a bigger addiction than most people would realize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread