• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Things I should be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacArthurBug

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I SHOULD be:
Cleaning my house and garage, filling out paperwork for the DMV, washing laundry, making my lunch, or working on my German.

What am I doing? Nothing. I'm so caught between things to do I'm accomplishing nothing at all. I already made a list.. don't remember where I put it. I organized my yarn box. Then I started to crochet something for the babies due to my sister in law and sister (they're due within a month of each other). Then I surfed the web. Remembered I was hungry, went to the fridge, lost my e-cig, found my e-cig, and gave up again. Help! I need motivation! What should you be doing right now? How do you deal with having a plate full of tasks and accomplishing none or few of them? Halp!

JustMeAgain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2009
Springfield, MO
Same thing here, MacB except for in addition to the stuff I should be doing, I have a pile of things I want to do.

Right now I have a book about writing (I'm a writer) on the table to my right, above that is another writing book which I bought a couple of weeks ago and haven't even cracked open, yet. On the floor to my left is a blue tackle box that has all this beading stuff I've been buying because I want to make jewelry just for fun.

I bought a domain name last fall and I want to get that up and running, only I am still figuring all that out because I really don't know how to create a website, which is something I'm really making way more complicated than it needs to be since what I should be doing is a blog instead of a whole site.

That's just a couple of my 'want to' list. I'm trying to not even think of my 'to do' list.

So what am I doing? Surfing ECF and shopping online for new patio furniture.

Oh now that you mention it, I am kinda hungry. :D

Why is it so hard to just do one of those things first, then move onto the next?

sigh.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh my does all this sound familiar. I feel your pain.

For me, I find so many possibilities in everything that I end up not focusing on any one thing to completion.

Hence, a lot of projects started and not finished.

i.e. A huge pile of papers on my desk that when I finally go thru them, most are throw aways and leave me wondering why I kept them after looking at them the first time.
A music CD with only 8 tracks completed and 4 to go - 2 years gone by.
A cabinet filled with at least 35 different packages of paper for my laser printer.
At least 15 books I want to read that are gathering dust as we "speak".

Let's trade solutions we have tried. Maybe we just haven't found the solution that works for us - Yet. 8-o

My recently attempted solutions include spending 10 minutes every day eliminating papers.
Not even turning on my computer first thing in the morning.
Turning off my computer and going to bed by midnight. Not buying any more juice until I have tried all that I have.
Not buying any more PVs until I have at least used up one atty from my first purchase in October of 2009.

At least we are aware of our challenges - right?

Jm1813

Sep 14, 2010
Laredo, Texas
I dont.
I can only prioritise and get things done on the rare occasions I am on a manic.

That's what I do lol.

I should be:
-doing my 5 trig assignments.
-3 computing assignments.
-studying for my art appreaciation class.
-finish putting away my laundry.
-cleaning my room.
-and eating my slice of pizza that has been waiting for me downstairs for the past 20 minutes.

There are a few other tasks that I'm supposed to be doing, but I don't really feel like thinking about what they are. I want to find something fun to do.

Instead I'm on my bed, posting on ecf, while jamming to music and socially networking.

lol im on now 4 ecfs and im on my 360 playing 2 games on that by swoping evry misson or 2 and i have 5 otter tabs oppen and 4 or 5 programes going 3 of thim are chat but whut i shud be doing is workingn on geting back in school and makeing my food so i can eat i forget to some times lol and yet im still kind of fat hmm forgot whut i whus doing ... have a nice day all of u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread