• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Things that "Grind My Gears" pet peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

thelook

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
1. Someone has time to change the sign on the diswasher to "Clean, please empty" but does not have time to empty it.

2. When trying to place an order at the drive thru at a fast food place being interupted while trying to place the order, it is like they try an anticipate what you want instead of listening. I noticed this only happens when the younger kids are working the window.

3. People that ask me "what did you pay for that"? I have no idea why this bothers me but it does:blink:

I really try not to sweat the small things in life, but every now and then they just get sweated anyway:D

Now make me feel better and post "WHAT GRINDS YOUR GEARS"!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
The words "meet up" and "diss or disrespect" Used like: don't disrespect me. You show or express respect. You can be disrepectful to others.

Let's go to a swap meet..vapors meet ect. Meet UP is just redundant! Unless you mean to meet at the top of something and forgot to say meet me up there!

People who are total strangers using my first name. Bank tellers, nurses and checkout people who are just to lazy to try to pronounce my last name. People should ask for permission before using first names unless you introduce yourself using your name.
It really drives me nuts when a Doctor says Hi Mary..he gets really upset when I say Hi Bob back (or whatever his first name is)

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
Our president, and people like him, who don't know how to think before they answer/speak.. Really grinds my gears when people constantly pause and say hmmm, hmmm, hmm every other word!! LISTEN - THINK - SPEAK, is that so hard to do?? It's almost as irrating as those that constantly say you know, hmm ya know. NO WE DON"T FREAKIN KNOW!!

PS: hmmm ya know, I second ShannonS #2 but her #3 kinda grinds my gears lol
I didn't choose to have chronic fatique :p

ShannonS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2009
Las Colinas, TX
Wow...You probably shouldn't internalize something like that, Sylvie.

:)

My #3 is actually directed at a specific nursing home nurse who let my hospice patient have uncontrolled pain for six hours because she was too lazy to give a PRN "as needed" pain medication today. I wanted to throttle her.

What ground my gears today seemed like TMI for this group so I condensed it to "Lazy People"

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
#1) Why do we have to have stair rails anyway. Seriously, is it just my kids that never seem to use it, they just rub their dirty little hands all over the walls all the way up anyway.

#2) If we can put a man on the Moon, have robots on Mars, have a whole space station just sitting out there, why the heck can't they make a glass that doesn't get finger prints on it. And since no one can figure out a glass that doesn't get finger prints on it, why is it the second you clean your windows, do the children have to go right to the glass, hands up on the glass, and then probably sneeze all over it.

#3) Why is dog snot so hard to clean off of glass.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
1. People who stand in line with the rest of us, then wait until they're asked what they want to decide!! "oh! Ummm...lemme see..." ARGH!! I want to yank them by their hair and throw them to the back of the line again until they CAN decide!!

2. People who don't think their small dogs need any kind of agression training. Because of THOSE dogs, MY dog was bitten in the FACE. Now SHE'S afraid of THEM!

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
domino38 made me think of one!!

them people at stores that wait till after cashier rings them up, to figure out that they don't have enough to pay for it all and we all must now wait for person to decide what to get and not get.. One lady actually stood there for over 10 minutes trying to decide what to put back, I counted 8 darn items.. how the heck do you not know ahead of time that you couldn't afford those 8 items?? I can see maybe one or two but 8, come on people!!

stover.p

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2010
Oklahoma
Here's my gear grinder for the day (they change daily). The roofer shows up at 6:45 as I'm leaving for work. I wake my hubby up and tell him to get out there. They look at everything (shingles, tar paper, etc.) leave for breakfast. We get a small down pour that last all of 10 minutes. Sun shining nice cool breeze no more clouds and they say they won't be back until tomorrow because they can't do it in the rain..............Duh! The radar is clear for the rest of the day. 40 % chance of rain tomorrow. I told my husband to call someone else and did he?? NO! Now they say it's too hot to work today. I thought people needed money??? I won't be in a good mood when I get home and see the new roof isn't on!

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
Here's my gear grinder for the day (they change daily). The roofer shows up at 6:45 as I'm leaving for work. I wake my hubby up and tell him to get out there. They look at everything (shingles, tar paper, etc.) leave for breakfast. We get a small down pour that last all of 10 minutes. Sun shining nice cool breeze no more clouds and they say they won't be back until tomorrow because they can't do it in the rain..............Duh! The radar is clear for the rest of the day. 40 % chance of rain tomorrow. I told my husband to call someone else and did he?? NO! Now they say it's too hot to work today. I thought people needed money??? I won't be in a good mood when I get home and see the new roof isn't on!

I was wondering on that people needed money myself.. apparantely not many of our local roofers do either lol.. We had one of them rare golf ball plus hail storm here and we went through 4 roofing companies before finally saying the hell with them all and calling our home insurance company and having them deal with it.. Two of them roofers never showed up, other two called to verify they were comming that day and never showed up either..was like what the heck!! And here we were trying to be nice and give some local roofing company a chance to make some extra money during the hard times :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread