Things you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace80s

Jul 24, 2019
Not really sure how this will work but....

After 30 years of smoking, and 3 months of vaping I found the one thing I don't like about vaping compared to smoking. Not being able to just leave a vape dangling from my mouth like I did with smokes. I only smoked outside so I would light up the second I got outside and then if I needed two hands, I would just leave the cig in my mouth and drag on it while I was doing whatever it was I was doing. Can't do that with my mods. I was doing yard work the other day and I had to keep stopping for vaping. I never did that while smoking. It was weird. O well.....

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Vapor doesn’t chase off mosquitos and bees like smoke does.

That thing about not being hands free bugged me for about the first year.

I’m still a bit perturbed that I would be able to grab another pack anywhere, if I were away from home and running low. Now I have to pack whatever I’m going to need for the day, because I can’t just swing through the gas station and get extra juice or batteries like I could a pack and a lighter.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
As you get longer into your vape journey you'll find you won't need your vape at all while out in the yard. When I smoked I needed one every 15-30 minutes, sometimes more. In regards to vaping, I can go hours without a single draw. I've seen many others comment about this as well.

It's probably not like that for you because you've only been vaping for 3 months.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not being able to just leave a vape dangling from my mouth like I did with smokes. I only smoked outside so I would light up the second I got outside and then if I needed two hands, I would just leave the cig in my mouth and drag on it while I was doing whatever it was I was doing. Can't do that with my mods.
Yep, that has occurred to me too. Never did like the smoke wafting into my eyes.
As much as I loved taking a drag from my cig into my lungs, I could never stand the smoke irritating my eyes from dangling a cig from my mouth.

With my RYO, I never had to worry about lighting the wrong end.
I wonder how many cigs I wasted from lighting the filter end of my cigarettes. :facepalm:

I’m still a bit perturbed that I would be able to grab another pack anywhere, if I were away from home and running low. Now I have to pack whatever I’m going to need for the day, because I can’t just swing through the gas station and get extra juice or batteries like I could a pack and a lighter.
I was so addicted to cigarettes that I would awaken from my sleep, crave a cigarette, realize I was out, get dressed, drive 10 minutes to the 24 hour convenience store, just to buy a new pack so I could smoke in order to get back to sleep. :facepalm:

The only thing I miss is the simplicity of smoking.
A pack or two and a lighter...good to go.
:headbang: I carry two complete vape setups, extra batteries, and a bottle of juice when I leave the house.

The fingernails on the fingers that I used to hold my cigarette with used to have yellow stains caused by the cigarette smoke. After being smoke free for seven years, my nails are no longer yellow.

The palms of both of my hands have a reddish hue, a harmless condition called idiopathic palmer erythema. Before it was diagnosed I used to try to get a free diagnosis from doctors at medical conferences. One of those docs noticed that the nails on all my fingers had a curvature and said, "You're a smoker, aren't you? Your palmar erythema is not caused by smoking, but your curved nails and fingertip clubbing are. Stop smoking." My nails are still somewhat curved and fingertips are still slightly clubbed. After 35 plus years of smoking, I guess the damage is permanent.

Below are extreme examples of how my nails and fingertips look. (Google Images)

421_finger_clubbing_slide_21_springer_high.jpg
Nail%20Clubbing.jpg

Last edited:

Ace80s

Jul 24, 2019
Lol, I remember frequent posts from gardeners in the Springtime wondering how how long and how much to vape during weeding breaks. And us Yankee motorcyclists wondering how to rig up a vape on a helmet.
I saw a review for a vaping backpack. It was brilliant. Think of the backpack like mountain bikers wear to carry water with the hose that you drink from. Same idea except this one attached to an auto draw vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread