Not open for further replies.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
little strange. With vaping I seem to be all over the map with everything. Tons of equipment and always changing around. Low ohms coils, above one ohm then turn around and put in a totally different build just for kicks. Between Kanthal, Ti, nickel, SS and a few specialty wires. Got about 25 different spools of wire. Somedays I vape at 22 watts and other days I vape in the 60 watt area. juice I mix, one day a coffee, next day a fruit ,desert, candy, drink and so on. I never seem to keep the same vape for more than a day or two. Sometimes I vape four totally different vapes in a day. Some days nothing appeals to me and I go through about 4 mods and 5 or 6 tanks trying for......not sure what for but eventually I walk out the door with one.

Anyone else seem to be all over the map vaping?

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
Haha, that'd drive me crazy. I'm vaping the same setup an unflavored since I joined here. I did move up a half volt tho... 4.2v FTW!

:)

Gosh, I wish it was that simple for me. I have 20 tanks lined up with different flavors. And I also vape about 4 different flavors a day. Most of mine, however are all in Kayfuns. So it is about 15-16 watts on all of it. I have a couple of cloud chasing type tanks/rdas but for the most part it is low wattage vaping. But I see your point. There are so many advances being made it is VERY hard to keep up. And I sure don't partake of most of it. I try to keep it simple. Sometimes I succeed.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
little strange. With vaping I seem to be all over the map with everything. Tons of equipment and always changing around. Low ohms coils, above one ohm then turn around and put in a totally different build just for kicks. Between Kanthal, Ti, nickel, SS and a few specialty wires. Got about 25 different spools of wire. Somedays I vape at 22 watts and other days I vape in the 60 watt area. Juice I mix, one day a coffee, next day a fruit ,desert, candy, drink and so on. I never seem to keep the same vape for more than a day or two. Sometimes I vape four totally different vapes in a day. Some days nothing appeals to me and I go through about 4 mods and 5 or 6 tanks trying for......not sure what for but eventually I walk out the door with one.

Although I'm not very often above 40 watts (I'm usually between 15 and 40-ish), I can definitely relate to that. Ribbon Kanthal, Kanthal wire (Although I don't really use anything smaller than 29 gauge very much except for Claptoning - is that a word?), cartotanks, gennies, RDAs/RBAs, and I'll try just about any flavor concoction I run across. With the exception of a few setups, most everything gets re-coiled when I take it out of the cabinet. But, for me, it's definitely a hobby, maybe even more so than a tobacco alternative.

Hey, some days I feel like a documentary, sometimes a good zombie flick fits the bill.

Whatever it takes!

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
I've typically got five tanks running with different flavors that I'll hit through the day. Don't think that @wheelie is odd at all. Was in the local B&M last week and had two mods in my pockets and got to talking with another customer. She was just astounded that I was using both, and she thought she was being "weird" for wanting two setups for different flavors and styles.

Just shows that there's no absolute "right way" to enjoy vaping.

jensy

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Fort Nelson, BC, Canada
little strange. With vaping I seem to be all over the map with everything. Tons of equipment and always changing around. Low ohms coils, above one ohm then turn around and put in a totally different build just for kicks. Between Kanthal, Ti, nickel, SS and a few specialty wires. Got about 25 different spools of wire. Somedays I vape at 22 watts and other days I vape in the 60 watt area. Juice I mix, one day a coffee, next day a fruit ,desert, candy, drink and so on. I never seem to keep the same vape for more than a day or two. Sometimes I vape four totally different vapes in a day. Some days nothing appeals to me and I go through about 4 mods and 5 or 6 tanks trying for......not sure what for but eventually I walk out the door with one.

But that is the best thing about vaping isn't it. The different mods, different flavors the fiddling around, creating new juices. It is way more entertaining than cigarettes ever were.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
LOL Yes I double fist alot as well and get laughed at about it. I am feeling better about myself. LOL
I've typically got five tanks running with different flavors that I'll hit through the day. Don't think that @wheelie is odd at all. Was in the local B&M last week and had two mods in my pockets and got to talking with another customer. She was just astounded that I was using both, and she thought she was being "weird" for wanting two setups for different flavors and styles.

Just shows that there's no absolute "right way" to enjoy vaping.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I try to keep up with vape technology. I do building classes at my local vape shop. Teach people how to build RTA/RDA's. I rebuild all stock coils quietly for myself. Have hundreds of rebuilt stock coils. That way I am not restricted on tanks to use. Mind you the local vape shop treats me well so I keep a stockpile of rebuilt coils at vape store and if someone complains their tank is not vaping like it used to nine times out of ten it is the coil so we change it out with a rebuild and then we keep their old one. No charge to the customer. I have well over 50 tanks. Use a lot of my own stuff to do it all but what the heck as I enjoy tinkering around. Wife now gives me a "honey to do list" and gives me a week to do them instead of a day. LOL CHEERS!

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
I can relate with you :) I have a vast collection of both regulated mods and mechs and keep about 12 in rotation at one time. I vape all over the map too, some of my setups are low ohm 'cloudz bro' builds, others are tootle puffing builds. I take about 3 mods to work during the day so I have different flavors to vape. For me its the variety of vaping styles that keeps me off the analogs.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I only use 26g kanthal for my builds as I am a relative newbie, but I vape at 12w generally in the morning at at work and 30-70w at night at home. I have about 10 tanks and 2 mods, but that last number will climb to 4-5 by the end of the year. Vaping made me completely quit smoking and is definately a fun distraction/hobby.

As @jensy stated above, vaping is definately more entertaining/fun than smoking ever was. ;) I mean, the pinnacle of smoking excitement for me was finding a Bic lighter with a cool logo/picture on it. Yay!:rolleyes:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
With vaping I seem to be all over the map with everything. Tons of equipment and always changing around.

Not sure if we can accept that. Pick a side like the rest of us, willya? Get your rear end firmly seated on one high horse or another and wave your pitchfork already. Three-pronged pitchfork! Not the silly two-pronged kind. :2cool:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I've tried other things but I tend to be pretty consistent.

Same here. Since I started making this strawberry & cream, it's the only thing I want to vape. Since I got an Achilles, it's the only WAY I want to vape.

I did recently have to change up to slightly higher resistance coils, as I'm getting an iPV Mini for xmas, which doesn't step down; at my usual 1.7Ω, it would be a little overwhelming, but 2Ω coils take care of it nicely; with my other mods, I just run those coils at 9.5w-10w instead of 8.5w-9w, and it's all good.

But it doesn't really surprise me that I stick to a certain flavor and atty so faithfully; I smoked some strength of Virginia Slims cigarettes for about 30 yrs; even when I had to move to lighter versions, I still wanted the same taste. Now I get to taste strawberries instead of stinkweed, so this is SOOOOO much better!

Andria

Reactions: HauntedMyst

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama

Everyday, I go through the same as you, just too many choices and still can't find the unicorn, lol.

Reactions: wheelie

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hi andria. Love your posts! I'm just getting into diy.. was wondering what your strawberries and cream recipe was. Currently I'm buying flavors. Thanks dear!

Not a problem! Love your username! :thumb:

This was the original:

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 16%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.5%
CAP Sweet Cream 2%
TFA Sweetener 2% - 3%

But, it's a MASSIVE gunk monster, so I've scaled it back just a little:

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 15.2%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 5.6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.2%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.9%
TFA Sweetener 3%

That helps a little with the gunk; still a problem, but not quite as bad as the original recipe, and still pretty dang tasty; also still vapable at time of mixing, though it hits peak about 3 days later. I just stick with RDAs with it, so I don't waste so much from the browning.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread