Think I finnally love my protank 2 mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
After complaining to myself (yes I tend to do that alot, :) ) that my PT2 mini was too airy of a draw. I was in my daughters room cleaning and saw her little craft kit with decorative scotch tape. I thought to myself. hmmm Take a piece of that and wrap the bottom of the tank and cover two holes. Sure enough the draw is perfect....much tighter...Don't know why I didn't think of this a few weeks ago. Now I can enjoy more of my tank cracker juices :) without buying anymore clearomizers.

xCJack

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2013
United States
After complaining to myself (yes I tend to do that alot, :) ) that my PT2 mini was too airy of a draw. I was in my daughters room cleaning and saw her little craft kit with decorative scotch tape. I thought to myself. hmmm Take a piece of that and wrap the bottom of the tank and cover two holes. Sure enough the draw is perfect....much tighter...Don't know why I didn't think of this a few weeks ago. Now I can enjoy more of my tank cracker juices :) without buying anymore clearomizers.

Draw too airy? Holy crap. I'm thinking about upgrading to an aerotank because my draw is so tight.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Covering works, there are several threads about covering the air hole or holes to adjust the air flow.

Here is what I do with my EVOD GLASS, when holding my mod, place a one of my fingers and cover one of the holes when I vape ( finger used is from the same hand I am holding the mod with ) easy, no tape, and not inhaling any glue that maybe on the tape.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I drilled my holes out big- like 2mm.

The centerpin hole puts restriction.

I found most airflow restriction is dependent on the wicking.

Yes, wicking has a lot to do with airflow, especially a clogged/well used one. So are the optional flavor wicks on top, these gets crusty & should be replaced regularly, during top offs is perfect. I use the silica wicking scraps from coil rebuilding for this.

The OP has a great point though, my 1st bottom coil tank has three air holes, normally I cover one up with my finger while using, as it does have a very airy draw. I don't want to cover them all, because I figure they're designed as such for a purpose, perhaps safety.

Cat

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Yes, wicking has a lot to do with airflow, especially a clogged/well used one. So are the optional flavor wicks on top, these gets crusty & should be replaced regularly, during top offs is perfect. I use the silica wicking scraps from coil rebuilding for this.

The OP has a great point though, my 1st bottom coil tank has three air holes, normally I cover one up with my finger while using, as it does have a very airy draw. I don't want to cover them all, because I figure they're designed as such for a purpose, perhaps safety.

Cat

nope its just for air; if you need a tighter draw then cover them- well you can't really cover them all?? not completly; otherwise there'd be no air.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

you can adjust draw by adding strands of (silica, cotton) to the flavor wick area

some of mine I've used toothpicks to restrict airflow
poke it in, snap it off flush (use another to push it out when wanted)

also if you have any of the old EVOD coils around (short chimney style)
they have a much smaller center air passage than protank (& current coils)
they work great if tightening up the air draw is what you're after

:)

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
you can adjust draw by adding strands of (silica, cotton) to the flavor wick area

some of mine I've used toothpicks to restrict airflow
poke it in, snap it off flush (use another to push it out when wanted)

also if you have any of the old EVOD coils around (short chimney style)
they have a much smaller center air passage than protank (& current coils)
they work great if tightening up the air draw is what you're after

:)

Those short chimneys you're speaking of also are good for switching out of the long ones that most coils has, to install in mini tanks. The long ones requires more frequent top offs. I have one small KangerTech EVOD & another that's a clone/lookalike, those two short chimneys works perfectly.

Fortunately, I had two of those coils & I throw away nothing except the burned out wire/wick of the coil. The rest, I now rebuild, but still need to work on my technique, or change the way I'm doing it.

Cat

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Those short chimneys you're speaking of also are good for switching out of the long ones that most coils has, to install in mini tanks. The long ones requires more frequent top offs. I have one small KangerTech EVOD & another that's a clone/lookalike, those two short chimneys works perfectly.

Fortunately, I had two of those coils & I throw away nothing except the burned out wire/wick of the coil. The rest, I now rebuild, but still need to work on my technique, or change the way I'm doing it.

Cat

yepper, exactly what I'm sayin

the old short evod coils have smaller inside diameter
and the center-pin restricts also, so overall much less draw...

I've also discovered that the couple Smok (RBC & EBC) clearos I have, use sorta
hybrid, or tweener, just bigger than evod, but smaller than protank coils...

I soon will get a few more of these so to have on hand to use as adjustable builds
(like I need more coils around) :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread