Think I scratched up my Nemesis? Polishing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

icemanistheking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Bella Vista, AR
I just used Eagle One Nevr Dull to polish a brass Chi You and a Kalafan (stainless) Nemesis. I used the drill-mounting method to buff. The Chi came out mostly great. The Nemesis came out great too, or so I thought...it's nicely shiny, but I am noticing a million scratches I've never seen before, in suspect patterns. Say, on the button there are many circular scratches, and on the body, there are long curvy scratches, which I thought might be indicative of sliding my hand up and down the spinning mod while buffing. But no circular scratches on the body. All the scratches are very light surface scratches.

I was using a microfiber cloth to buff, and it's been washed a few times, so not as soft as it once was, but it still shouldn't be abrasive should it? And I used the same cloth on the Chi, and didn't have this problem.

Both had previous owners...is it possible I'm just noticing scratches I never noticed before after polishing? I did a search, and it looks like people regularly use this product for stainless steel, even saying it is "the" polish to use for stainless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread