Think my T-Priv can be fixed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkposeidon

Jun 20, 2020
B1F80C0D-3C56-4BDB-A92E-C775B6D3E478.jpeg

I put a battery in upside down, and it literally melted the battery inside of my Priv. I got the battery out, but a small part of the inner plating melted down, blocking entry to batteries. Any way to remove the melted inner plating or anything? Pic provided

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Even if I could tell you how I wouldn't. It is correct you need to junk that mod.

You know there is this neat feature called reverse polarity protection an it was available oh a LONG time ago and your mod does not seem to possesses that feature exactly. So your mod was a problem LONG before everything got so HOT IT MELTED!!!!!!!

No just NO. Get a new mod and buy (given your thoughts on mod repair) something not Smok. Literally ANYTHING else but not Smok. Some people have the ability to use Smok mods washout terrifying things happening. You are not one of them. Don't feel bad I cannot by Joyetech products of any sort, without disasters. I must have done something horrible to one of the designers in our past lives.

This is so for you and Smok. You may also wish to ask some questions when you are asking about your NEW mod (I vote teslacigs personally) about batteries, safety and all sorts of fun things to help you along your vaping journey.

No offense intended but NO SMOK for you!

Anna

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Bin it and the batteries @darkposeidon. Better to be safe than sorry.

Seen a link for the Vsticking VK530 at a rediculous clearance price in the Bargain Bin Treasures thread.

Vsticking VK530 TC Box Mod 200W With YiHi SX530 Chipset

$22.67 for a YiHi chipset mod, which would be a massive improvement over anything SMOK. Also there's supposed to be a code that lowers the price to $20.99, the code is EDMVK and worth trying if the mods of any interest to you as if you can save a bit more money why not.

But where are you located? US, UK or somewhere else in the world. As we can help out giving you a few more options then.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I had a tpriv once. Put the batteries in reverse once. It didnt do anything. Wouldn't turn on, nothing. It surely didn't melt anything either. I'm thinking you did something else to melt something inside the battery area. And lucky it didnt blow up on ya. Now, your mod is fried, those batteries are no longer safe. Get rid of the whole mess. Dont try to fix it, don't use those batteries in anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread