Thinking about a new REO, debating between LP or standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkytay

Verified Member
May 16, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
I have a mini 2.1 now and I searched through the threads and I was wondering what the big differences are between the LP and standard Grand. Is the body itself smaller or is it just the drip well to accommodate other atties besides the rm2 or cyclone? I know cyclone with afc is a big deal, what is the advantage?

Is it also true that the LP can accommodate both the LP RM2 and the standard, but not the other way around? There is a blem grand I've been eying but I might just get an LP grand, or an LP mini 2.1, if its worth it. What do you guys think is the best for a 2nd REO? For you REOnauts that have both, which do you prefer? Thanks in advance for the advice!

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas
The LP just has the drip well milled down so you can use any size bottom feed atty. The body's are the same size. If you use a standard RM2 on an LP, it will work but you'll have a strip of brass showing around the body of the atty. The part hidden by the well of the standard.

Last edited:

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
I have had Grands up until last week when I got my first LP. I got it because I wanted to try different attys and had a Cyclone BF with an AFC cap. For me, it just offers more possibilities for attys. Don't get me wrong, I love the RM2's and they work great, I just want the ability to mix it up. My next REO will also be an LP.

timk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Yakima, WA, USA
reosmods.com site has a great explanation of why one would want a grand or LP:

"A low profile Reo grand has a lower profile juice well to accommodate larger rebuidable atomizers . If you plan to use standard atomizers and cartomizers you will want a standard reo grand"

I'd say go LP unless you need the deep drip well for standard atomizers/cartomizers. I have both a regular grand and just got a LP. Both function the same but the LP can have any atty whereas the regular can only take smaller diameter atties.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Any Grands I buy will be LPs from now on. I'm with Cliven that I want the ability to change things up, even though I love the RM2. I have a Cyclone with the AFC cap on my LP, but might switch up to my LP RM2 next week. The advantage of the AFC is you can adjust for more or less airflow. More airflow is essential if got are into sub-ohm baking. Might as well go with the LP. Just leaves your options open.

Sent by REO vapor

funkytay

Verified Member
May 16, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Any Grands I buy will be LPs from now on. I'm with Cliven that I want the ability to change things up, even though I love the RM2. I have a Cyclone with the AFC cap on my LP, but might switch up to my LP RM2 next week. The advantage of the AFC is you can adjust for more or less airflow. More airflow is essential if got are into sub-ohm baking. Might as well go with the LP. Just leaves your options open.

Sent by REO vapor

This is the conclusion I have slowly been coming to. I would really like to try the cyclone w/ afc (if I can find one) so I think I will go with the LP. Now only to choose between the grand or another mini 2.1 (LP). PS if anyone has a bf cyclone they are willing to part with, let me know!

Last edited:

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
PS if anyone has a bf cyclone they are willing to part with, let me know!

Good luck with that one! You'd have just as much of a chance prying anyone's REO out of their cold dead hands before they'd part with one of those LOL. Best bet is to wait for the next release of BF Cyclones in the next month or 2, but get the LP RM2 or the IGO to start with. I'd say the LP RM2, ceramic deck is NIIIIIIICCCCEEEEE! ;)

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
LPLPLPLPLPLPLP

Did I say LP? Oh wait, LP. I have a VVG which I love but after receiving my LP there are soooo many options as to what toppers you can use. I don't use 510 atties anyway so for me there is no real reason to have a standard but that's just me.

Honestly, can't go wrong either way...as long as it's Reo it's a win!

funkytay

Verified Member
May 16, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Good luck with that one! You'd have just as much of a chance prying anyone's REO out of their cold dead hands before they'd part with one of those LOL. Best bet is to wait for the next release of BF Cyclones in the next month or 2, but get the LP RM2 or the IGO to start with. I'd say the LP RM2, ceramic deck is NIIIIIIICCCCEEEEE! ;)

I know! I have the RM2 on my 2.1 now and I love it. I will most likely order a LP RM2 after I decide which LP to get and wait for the next release of BF Cyclones. Also looking at how easy it is to mod other RBA's to be bottom compatible, such as the Patriot. A lot of things to check out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread