Thinking about buying a ReoGrand but need help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonayran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
in a box.
Alright so I am new to the whole bottom feed PV's. My current setup that I use everyday is my VV lavatube with a tank.

I love this set up but it's getting old and I real want something new!

I only vape with tanks and I want to experience atomizers because from me lurking around I hear that atomizers are the best to vape with.

What I want to know is :

1. With my lavatube I get variable voltage. What setup would I have to run with the ReoGrand? I mostly vape around 4.6+ volts on my lavatube. I currently have 2x 18650 batteries. What Ohm of an atomizer should I use with my 18650 battery to achieve the feeling of 4.3+ volts on a 3.0 carto?

2. To get a higher voltage on my reogrand doublestacking batteries is need right? If so what batteries.

3. What atomizers should I use? Are the ER's and Smoketech that they supply on remods good attys?

4. Are the 6ml bottles the right size for the reogrand? Or do they use the 3ml Bottles?

Really want to try something new and I would like to know more info before i purchase. Thanks in advance ECF members!

okcodemonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Oklahoma
www.okcodemonkey.com
1. My main vape on my Grand is a AW 18650 with 1.5 ohm Joye atty (from vapor kings) this has been my sweet spot. Not sure how close its gets to your setup as I don't use VV devices.

2. I do use LifePo4 AW batteries with my grand for some if my liquids to change things up at 6V. I have seen people use the NiMh 5v batteries, this maybe your sweet spot since they are probably pulling 4.6-4.7v in use.

3. I like the Joye 510 attys from vaporkings they are cheap in pack of 10 so I don't feel bad throwing them away. I also will use 306 attys from vaporkings as well. Lots of people love the HH357 from avidvaper, but I haven't convinced myself to pay $22+ for 1 atty.

4. Yes 6ml is the right size bottle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I think vaping on an atomizer is rather ridiculous. I've tried "dripping" and come to the conclusion that most of the taste you hear drippers talking about is really all in their head. Add to that the fact that its constant filling, wiping up spills, cleaning the atomizers every night and you get up with a huge pain in the ..... I use ce2 clearomizers, mod them a tiny bit and get better drags from them than on a LR atomizer with dripping.

As for the reo, I'm interested in it myself as I'd like to get a box mod, but I think a lot of people have already said that bottom feeders do not replicate direct dripping which I'm not sure how it wouldn't but this is what people think.

Illuminatu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Nomad
IMHO, a Reo vapes great with an atomizer, and theres a huge difference in taste from a carto... like day and night.I have some mods that i use for dripping only (when i taste flavors) and the key for having the same taste on a dripper mod and a bottom feeder mod is using same batteries/atomizer combo. I also don't see what jbankston62871 whines about from constant filling and wiping spills (at least not with a Reo) and i don't clean my atomizers every night either and i vape 3~5mls a day.

For sure learning to squonk correctly might have a little learning curve, but you would never catch me leaving home without a Reo, and I don't use cartomizers anymore since they really taste like polyfill, and depending on the liquids you vape they can get nasty pretty quickly, granted at 2$/piece you just toss them around. But I prefer my 306LR 1.5 Ohms atty by far.

Thast just my :2c:

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
I have both and wouldn't be without either.

Depends on your vaping and juice as regards which is best for you.

For all my 100% VG juices I use bottom feeders yes mainly with attys as to me they make a difference in flavour. I also use them for juice with PG in. I think of them as dripping for the lazy and that I am. I will add a Resurrector if I have Bounty Hunter in the tank as I like that combo.

I also have a few 4.8 volt batterys that I play with from time to time.

My ProVari gets tanked with a 3 ohm Boge most of the time. My ProVari Mini is used primarily just for dripping.

As regards the poster who ascertained that dripping flavour was mainly a mental delusion I would disagree. That is my subjective opinion that is reflected by the amount of time spent dripping or using bottom feeders that is an increasing amount of my vaping. I find attys consistently produce the flavour I am looking for and last far longer than cartos especially with VG juices. A carto in a tank will last a maximum of 9 days but I have attys that I use that are approaching 3 months old.

Not really helped the OP lol

Pick up a Grand from the Classifieds or a cheaper VMod XL and decide. I use both daily and love them both. That is how I got them.

Now that said if tanks and cartos are your thing get a ProVari. It is a device that doesn't know how to disapoint.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Like Andy, I have a Provari and 2 REOs, a Grand and a mini (plus LT's, etc).

I use my VV tube mods AND the REO mini daily - there is a big difference in how some juices taste in a carto vs an atty - some I prefer in a carto/tank, others I prefer dripped, and those are generally vaped in one of the REOs. I tend to test flavors on a LT, dripping with a dripshield (which saves you from all of the mess mentioned above, as it holds any excess juice in reserve to feed back into the atty), vape tanked juices on the Provari, and squonk juices on the REOs.

They all have their place, you just have to figure out what works best for you and your preferences. You might want to try an inexpensive bottom feeder first - the Old Goat gets good reviews, and I think it's around $20, or search the classies for a bottom feeder to try before committing to a REO. Though if you do buy a REO first and decide you don't like it, it should be easy to sell on the classies (and if it's a mini in a pretty color, PM me & I'll probably be happy to take it off your hands ;) )

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
Well done you !

Vape mail stalking begins !

What I tried to say in my post is that for me one does not really supersede the other. You get more bells and whistles on the Vari but if you like bottom feeding it the Vari can't do that....yet. I add yet as there is due to be a Atty Tank released by Avid Vaper that no-one really has seen yet. If that works out as suspected then that will definitely be part of my arsenal.

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
I have both and wouldn't be without either.

Depends on your vaping and juice as regards which is best for you.

For all my 100% VG juices I use bottom feeders yes mainly with attys as to me they make a difference in flavour. I also use them for juice with PG in. I think of them as dripping for the lazy and that I am. I will add a Resurrector if I have Bounty Hunter in the tank as I like that combo.

I also have a few 4.8 volt batterys that I play with from time to time.

My ProVari gets tanked with a 3 ohm Boge most of the time. My ProVari Mini is used primarily just for dripping.

As regards the poster who ascertained that dripping flavour was mainly a mental delusion I would disagree. That is my subjective opinion that is reflected by the amount of time spent dripping or using bottom feeders that is an increasing amount of my vaping. I find attys consistently produce the flavour I am looking for and last far longer than cartos especially with VG juices. A carto in a tank will last a maximum of 9 days but I have attys that I use that are approaching 3 months old.

Not really helped the OP lol

Pick up a Grand from the Classifieds or a cheaper VMod XL and decide. I use both daily and love them both. That is how I got them.

Now that said if tanks and cartos are your thing get a ProVari. It is a device that doesn't know how to disapoint.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

I've been vaping for a little under a month, but my first week was spent dripping. If not for the fact that I'm out and about a lot, I'd drip every time. It's not a mental thing because I had no influence when I first started. I LOVED dripping onto my Joyetech 510 LR atty. When I got a bigger PV and started using Resurrectors, the flavor and vapor astounded me. After having vaped for nearly a month, using CE2s, CE4s, Stardusts, and plain old carts....I can honestly say that receiving my Reo Grand and using that SAME original atty just flat out tastes better. I press on the bottle, I pull a couple of times until I hear a gurgle, I stop..and just awesome flavor for about six or seven loooong drags. I have been trying a Resurrector on my Grand all night since I've been out..just giving it a test run. I LOVE these cartos. I think that if you fill them right (which DOES take trial and error) they are VERY good performing cartos and have lasted me since I've started vaping. I have one that has had Highbrow Vapor's RY4 in it for three weeks..still running strong. If I had to tell the truth though, attys are the way to go. It's not in my head, it's in my taste buds. Vapor is better, flavor is better and now with my Grand..the hassle of dripping is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread