Thinking about trying DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idahojo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bonners Ferry, ID
I personally think you should use a blend. VG gives you more vapor. VG is too thick to use it by itself. PG allows better wicking and is easier on your atomizer. I use a 50/50 blend myself unless the juice I'm using is more PG and VG than I adjust it a little. You will probably get a lot more opinions than mine. That's just my 2 cents worth.

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
My understanding of PG & VG... PG is very very common and found in most everything even the flavors themselves... Now VG was originally an alternative option to those few who have allergies to PG and was discovered to produce more vapor a pleasant side effect... I have also read somewhere that VG has its own risks depending on boiling point can produce a very negative chemical forget what its called but theres info on it somewhere in this forum... now the question is do our attys get hot enough to cause this chemical change or not I personally dont know... now for me personally I just get 36mg naked juice and add my own flavors I never consider cutting it with PG or VG cause honestly I like 36mg its goooooooood... but the base of my 36mg is mostly PG and works fine for me... I just add my delicious flavors vape away and have no issues this way... so really what I guess it all comes down too is personal prefrence and what works for you... some folks here even use a dash of vodka in their mixes... so my best advice would be to really study the DIY forums experiment a little and figure out what floats your boat... and hell experimenting is half the fun anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread