Thinking of an upgrade from Apollo Standard Kit to a Better One, Any Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelj

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2012
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Hi Guys,
I'm very new to vaping.
I got my Apollo Standard Kit as a starting point.
I never used a e-cig before in my life.
I was pretty happy with it untill after 2 months time the cartos started giving me problems. and the battery lasts a hilarious short time.

I used smoke 5-8 cigs a day and took this up as a replacement for smoking. But the very short lifespan and frustrating cartomizers kinda making me regret the decision.

So I was thinking of upgrading to a ego or some other bit longer lasting models im looking into apollo and other vendors, can anyone give me a good recommendation?

1. good vapor
2. got tired of cartos so thinking of going for a non leaky tank+atomizer system
3. good battery life

the ones I looked into...

Apollo Superior eGo
OvaleUsa elips-c

please do tell me if these are any good or any other brands/models which worked better for you...

also do let me know what is the best solution a cartomizer or tank+atomizer, many thanks...

Cheers
Joel

joelj

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2012
Colombo, Sri Lanka
I would try the ego twist next if I were you. It has variable voltage in the small form factor of the ego. I would try the vivi nova tank as well.

Welcome to ECF. This is a second vote for the eGo twist and nova's really easy to use and gives you the option for VV also. That way you can fine tune it to your fancy.

thanks for your opinions and advice, could you also kindly tell me what vendor is good?
what I am looking for is not a cheap option but not a luxury one either. I want something which is good value for money and trouble free.
Any suggestions?

joelj

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2012
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Thanks for all the info guys,

I finally got around ordering the Apollo VV
I got this becoz,
1. I can see the charge level
2. I could fine tune voltage as it increases in 0.1 steps
3. They give a 40 inch charging cable

And also ordered the T3 bottom coil clearomizer with replaceable heating coils.

Just in case if somebody stumbles across this they will find it helpful.

btw. I'm not promoting Apollo, its just I'm very happy with their service. If it breaks any forum rules plz remove the link (and not give me any punishment ofc :p )

oheysup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Thanks for all the info guys,

I finally got around ordering the Apollo VV
I got this becoz,
1. I can see the charge level
2. I could fine tune voltage as it increases in 0.1 steps
3. They give a 40 inch charging cable

And also ordered the T3 bottom coil clearomizer with replaceable heating coils.

Just in case if somebody stumbles across this they will find it helpful.

btw. I'm not promoting Apollo, its just I'm very happy with their service. If it breaks any forum rules plz remove the link (and not give me any punishment ofc :p )

Very cool, I think you'll love the T3. Please look and study it before you use it - some people get gurgles etc. and there's no reason for this. Look at how it works and make sure there's no juice in the head on the inside OR outside of the tube, etc. Blow out the mouthpiece before attaching the head back, and if you wash/clean it or switch juices blow out the center of both before refilling.

Best of luck!

Edit: Also make sure to unscrew from your battery holding the rough metal piece and not the clean silver, as one of them releases your juice onto your floor. :D

Last edited:

Slabb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2012
St. Louis
I also like my T3. However, don't underestimate the Kanger T2. I find they are a bit less hassle for my taste. I don't mind the tilt/twirl of the T2 wicking, and if it does start to flood, blowing it out doesn't feed more juice in there. Again, just my opinions. I also don't mind the mini Vivi Nova. I haven't gotten a regular Nova because It won't sit flush with the rest of my eGo Twist battery. But to each their own.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Here's a link for some twist, If you look around the site you can find some good deals on the nova's and other things. I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them.
Genuine Joyetech eGo-C Twist : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
eGo Kits, eGo E-Cigs, eGo E-Cigarettes | MadVapes
The second site has a Vision Spinner, which is the same as the twist but has a knurled knob and bigger numbers to see. I can recomend both sites for good customer service. IMHO

joelj

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2012
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Here's a link for some twist, If you look around the site you can find some good deals on the nova's and other things. I've bought quite a bit of stuff from them.
Genuine Joyetech eGo-C Twist : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
eGo Kits, eGo E-Cigs, eGo E-Cigarettes | MadVapes
The second site has a Vision Spinner, which is the same as the twist but has a knurled knob and bigger numbers to see. I can recomend both sites for good customer service. IMHO

thanks for the links... they are very useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread