thinking of changing my delivery system. opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So. Currently, I'm using a Vivi Nova tank system with my variable voltage spinner (1300mah) but am thinking of changing it.
Why?
Well. I'm very happy with the battery and can get two days vaping off it no problem, and can vary the voltage for my tasting preferences. So no problem with the battery.
However i have a number of issues with the Vivi nova tank system and am thinking of changing it to curb the problems encountered using it as below.
1.... the wick is great at first but then after prolonged use the atomizer burns it which i can taste (which i don't like)
2.... the tank holds too much juice(3ml) and after a days vaping turns darker and darker until it tastes nasty (i think this may be related to first problem)
so. I'm thinking of changing delivery system to something else.
What's my options here.
Try not to use to much jargon here when replying as I'm not a builder of super mods or anything like that......
I'm just a mediocre toker :vapor:
I don't even know what a drip tip is for heavens sake so please keep it simple.:facepalm: Cheers:toast:

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
+1 for the carto tank!

1.... the wick is great at first but then after prolonged use the atomizer burns it which i can taste (which i don't like)

I get 1 to 2 weeks (one refill a day) out of a single coil carto in a 3ml tank depending on the juice I'm using. As soon as the taste goes south, you just toss the carto and fill up another.

2.... the tank holds too much juice(3ml) and after a days vaping turns darker and darker until it tastes nasty (i think this may be related to first problem)

The smaller carto tanks are often described as 3ml, but, in reality, they hold 1.5ml in the tank and 1.5ml in the carto. I rarely have problems with the juice turning darker, and, if it does - it's a pretty good indication that it's time to swap out the carto. In my experience, a well primed carto in a tank will perform pretty consistently from the first vape to the last with little or no maintenance.

You could always try a cartomizer on its own before getting into tanks. I'd certainly recommend trying a carto over and above variations on the clearomizer like the Kanger T3, EVOD, etc which will give you a pretty similar vape to your Vivi.

Also, you might find this video useful in getting to grips with some of the basic differences between the most popular delivery systems and devices:

A PBusardo Video - Beginners Guide to E-Cigs and E-Cig Tech

JJ

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
some great options there. I've been recommended the kanger t3 before and was tempted to try it. Is there a delivery system that is a tank that holds the juice and drips it onto an atomizer from above. This would solve both problems of wick burn and darkening of the juices. Also i forgot to mention that i particularly liked the features of the nova as it was a take-apart and replace system making it a cheaper option.

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Properly cleaning your Nova will remedy that problem. Taking off the head, rinsing it down very well, dry burning it to get off all of the gunk, and rinsing another time "resets" the flavor on my Nova every time. Works like a champ. Its important to rinse it very good and let it air dry after you dry burn, or else you will taste burnt ash on your next fill.

It is true, however, that if I leave a darker, thicker liquid like a VG based chocolate or vanilla in my tank for long periods of time, it will darken and dirty up. The solution to that would be to dump the tank back into your juice bottle at night, rinse the tank/head, and refill in the morning so that thick liquid doesn't sit in your tank overnight. This works for me.

Not saying that you shouldn't venture out. Of course you should. Lots of great equipment in the vape world today and you shouldn't limit yourself to one device. I started with the 1300mah Spinner and upgraded to a V2 Vamo, and I also have a protank on preorder that I'll be trying out. I drip on occasion as well to sample liquids. Branch out at your own pace and be sure to read reviews/watch youtube videos on the products to get a good understanding of what you're about to get into. Good luck and vape on :vapor:

jSquared

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
London, UK
some great options there. I've been recommended the kanger t3 before and was tempted to try it. Is there a delivery system that is a tank that holds the juice and drips it onto an atomizer from above. This would solve both problems of wick burn and darkening of the juices. Also i forgot to mention that i particularly liked the features of the nova as it was a take-apart and replace system making it a cheaper option.

I notice you're from Scotland, mediocre. I've bought T3s from several different UK-based vendors and I'm afraid to say that they've all been pretty disappointing. Shortly after the T3 was launched, there was a bit of a debate about the different versions of the device floating around. One version had 2 air holes, and received rave reviews. The other version had 3 air holes, and people reported an awful burnt/plasticky taste. All the T3s I've had were the 3 hole version and they all had the burnt taste. It's been a while since I used the T3 (or any kind of clearo for that matter) and the problem may well have been rectified by now, but perhaps it's worth checking with the vendor which version they have before buying.

JJ

Last edited:

ScubaBebe

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Wetumpka, Alabama, United States
The Boge tank is good and EVODs are one of my favs.

I think you were talking about a dripping atty...right? I didn't think I would enjoy a drip atty besides using it to test juice because it sounded like a pain. Wrong...I love the 306! When you're in a comfy spot it's easy to just add a few drops and you'd be surprised how long you vape on that small amount. The taste is pure and vapor out the kazoo. Here is a link. They are all over the web cheaper but I have tried this one and it works like a champ.

DelawareVapor.com

FYI...the top does not come off so make sure you have something to get the juice in that little hole. The 306 are awesome for trying out your new juices. You can switch up and there is almost no flavor bleed. Just a few puffs and all new flavor. No muss no fuss.

Here is a short description from one of the sites but just go to Utube and look for a video.
"There is pre-primer fluid (straight pg/vg) used in manufacturing of these atomizers, blow out any excess primer, drip 4-5 drops of e-liquid on any new atomizer, give the liquid 30 seconds or so to soak in and wet the coil, drop another 2-3 drops just before vaping. Do not run the atomizers dry as this puts excess stress on the coil and could damage the coil."

The octopus has also gotten some rave reviews. It's an RBA but very simple. (If I'm saying that.. it IS simple) you can buy the replacement wicks too. Holds more juice but I haven't tried mine yet.

Search Results : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Good luck.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
It sounds like you aren't getting enough juice to your coil and the material surrounding it is burning. Once it does, the entire head needs to be changed, or it needs to be re-wicked. You can re-wick the heads yourself. It's really easy and there are plenty of videos out there about how to do it. Pbsuardo has a great one. In my opinion, it's better to stay away from silica as wicking material. There are all kinds of other options. Check this out.

If you want to change your delivery system entirely, you may want to get something like an AGA-T2 and learn how to build your own coils. In which case the link I gave you above about wick materials will be even more relevant.

Last edited:

chadsmo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
BC Canada

After reading some great things, and seeing some youtube videos praising the EVOD I set up a friend with some along with an EGO to get them off the analogs. They are a fantastic little tank system, great vapour and great taste and so long as you use about an 80/20 to 60/40 juice the wicking is great. Get an EVOD with some replacement heads and you should love it. They only hold about 1.5ml of juice too, so that seems to suit your needs.

As for something that holds juice and drips it in to an atty from above, it's called a bottle and your fingers squeezing it lol. Seriously though, you may want to get in to dripping. I was vaping for about a month on things like vivis and carto tanks and I decided to take the plunge and try rebuildables. It seems daunting at first, but if you watch some videos and put up with a few days of trial and error RDAs (rebuildable dripping atty) is a great way to go IMO. Silica wick and wire are super cheap, and a decent RDA is really cheap too. Go to your favourtie site and look at the rebuildables section, see if they have something like the Phoenix or the IGO-L , spend the 10-20$ and play around with them. My current all day vape is a Provari with a RDA on it and I couldn't be happier. Having to carry around a bottle and put a few drops in every 10 puffs or so is slightly annoying at first but you get over it really quickly. When you want to change flavours or give it a cleaning you just rinse it under water, pad the wicks down with some paper towel and do a few dry burns and you're good to go.

Really do consider at least trying it. Stop by the rebuildables forum and just ask some questions if you're not sure.

CloudZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
It sounds like the Vivi is working pretty well for you, minus the mentioned issues. As others have stated, the problems stem from the atomizer head being gunked up. If it were me, I would be cleaning or rewicking/rebuilding as soon as the problems begin to be noticeable. You also can just put in a new head.

0_0 *** Sent from my Droid Incredible 4G LTE *** 0_0

mediocre toker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It sounds like the Vivi is working pretty well for you, minus the mentioned issues. As others have stated, the problems stem from the atomizer head being gunked up. If it were me, I would be cleaning or rewicking/rebuilding as soon as the problems begin to be noticeable. You also can just put in a new head.

0_0 *** Sent from my Droid Incredible 4G LTE *** 0_0
yeah. Am getting some good vapor from it but liquid darkens and tastes stronger as i burn more and more of the liquid. I think it maybe down to the burning that is making the liquid darker and stronger and I've been refilling from halfway down as suggested for some time now to combat this. I changed the atty just the other day and got some great plumes from it to start with and then less so and the darkening begins again. The only thing that i can think of, is that the actual wick is getting burnt and the carbon deposits from the said burning are discoloring and strengthening the flavor of the juice. This was why i was entertaining the idea of a new delivery system where the liquid is always fresh (it being dripped direct to the atty)therefore not being tainted by the burnt wick....there must be some way to get the liquid from the tank direct to the atty without having to be sucked up a wick system (or maybe not, it seems). That was the information i was looking for. Me being relatively new to this vaping lark i didn't know any of the systems that would do this as I've only tried the Vivi nova and the Genesis 510 fake .... I'm pretty happy with my spinner/nova apart from the issues I've pinpointed. I mean it's not like i can't live with the system I've got, it's more like I'm looking for consistency in my vape. So therefore I'm just trying to find out what the other delivery systems there are. I'm here for the long haul regardless of any minor setbacks. Just looking for perfection i guess:ohmy: (probably doesn't exist but unless you look you've no chance of finding it)
Thanks for all the added links folks by the way. I hasn't had the time to look at them all but there is definitely some knowledge to be gleaned for sure. So my thanks to you all ( in advance of me studying them::thumbs:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread