Thinking of getting an Infinity Pro (510, 901, 801, or 808?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
So I'm still pretty new to the vaping world, but I've definitely done my research. I started out with a Sidesho, which I like, but now that I'm completely off of analogs, an upgrade is due. I was thinking about getting an Ego-type device, but I know if I do, in a few months I'm gonna want something VV. I really like the slimness of the Infinity, the customer service from notcigs seems to be great, and VV really seems to be the best option. I just like the idea of having more control, but still having portability.

Anyway, like I said, I've done my research, but the one thing I don't know, and really don't wanna spend hours researching, are the different connection types. I know opinions will probably vary here, but which is the best, and why? 510 seems to be the most popular, but I'd like detailed explanations from the veterans about the different thread types, and why there are different thread types to begin with. If there's a sticky on this subject, I apologize, but I haven't seen one. Plus I've been reading so much these last 6 weeks or so about e-cigs that I'm starting to go cross-eyed :laugh:

Sorry, I tend to ramble.

Thanks in advance!
Dave

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
good topic!
connector choice is different from respective atomizer choice, since you have the adapter factor.

One area of concern with tanks and rebuildable attys the connectors sometimes require different adapter setups to function best on a given PV, it's a puzzle for sure. GGTS GGTB ie different versions of the GG with different connector setup (one GG version has a 4 in 1 connector for all types!) The latest version, the GGTS has a collector tank connector that has air draw control and is a rather complicated 510 connector that comes with "rethreaders" for 901 attys.

But i don't think that's where you're going with this....? and i agree wholeheartedly; regulated power, boosted VV is the state of the art in vaping, and spoils you for anything else.

In my experience I'vd had all 510 connectors until just recently I got a BuzzPro with a 901 connector because 901 is my favorite atty.

It's more convenient. Period. Not that big of a deal because ...... adapters are great.

fwiw, i think 510's are good but over rated; yet because of the tanks and rebuildables, cartos etc... If i only had one, i'd go with a 510 connector.

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
good topic!
connector choice is different from respective atomizer choice, since you have the adapter factor.

One area of concern with tanks and rebuildable attys the connectors sometimes require different adapter setups to function best on a given PV, it's a puzzle for sure. GGTS GGTB ie different versions of the GG with different connector setup (one GG version has a 4 in 1 connector for all types!) The latest version, the GGTS has a collector tank connector that has air draw control and is a rather complicated 510 connector that comes with "rethreaders" for 901 attys.

But i don't think that's where you're going with this....? and i agree wholeheartedly; regulated power, boosted VV is the state of the art in vaping, and spoils you for anything else.

In my experience I'vd had all 510 connectors until just recently I got a BuzzPro with a 901 connector because 901 is my favorite atty.

It's more convenient. Period. Not that big of a deal because ...... adapters are great.

fwiw, i think 510's are good but over rated; yet because of the tanks and rebuildables, cartos etc... If i only had one, i'd go with a 510 connector.

Hmmm... so 510 is more convenient, but 901 has better quality in taste, in your opinion? Do 901 cartos have a better taste as well? Also, I knew adapters existed, but do you know if, say, for example: I got the Infinity Pro with a 510 connection, would I be able to get a 901 adapter that would work with that particular model?

Thanks, by the way, that was very helpful.

Also, and I'm sure I could find this info elsewhere, but since you mentioned regulated power, do you know if the Infinity Pro is going to have regulated power? Did the original?

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
It's just a connector. I prefer 808, both my Infinity and Buzz Pro are 808 connectors, due to preferring the threading/ruggedness of 808 compared to 510, and like 808 cartos (not an atty user). Things like dual, and now even triple, coil cartos mean nothing to me -- I vape at higher voltage, generally run 3.1 - 3.4 ohm cartos up around 5V/8 watts, so lower resistance is a shrug.

Standard 808 carto diameter is the same as 510 -- a tank that goes over a stainless or clear 510 carto will work just as well over a stainless or clear 808 carto.

Adapters from 510 to 808 or 901/808 are readily available, fairly short, rugged. My Infinity has a 901/808 adapter on it since some cartos weren't firing well with the Infinity native 808 connector -- 100% fine by adding the little adapter. My BP I run all cartos right off the 808 connector, no issues.

Both the Infinity and the IP are VV regulated devices. The Buzz Pro, Infinity Pro, and VVPV (cases for the VVPV are just being fabbed now, I believe) have common circuitry, 3.5 - 5.5V adjustable, run off a pair of batteries. I run a full day, 6 ml liquid, off of one set of batteries on either the Infinity or BP, so I expect the IP to be the same (6 - 7 ml if you run around 3.1 ohms and 5V).

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
yes Infinity Pro has a better internal than the older which did have regulated vv too btw.. it's an upgrade and yes an adapter is universal so it fits any 510 or vice versa... there are many different makers but most fit well... i'v had close to dozen different adapters and they'e all fit fine.
Hmmm... so 510 is more convenient, but 901 has better quality in taste, in your opinion? Do 901 cartos have a better taste as well? Also, I knew adapters existed, but do you know if, say, for example: I got the Infinity Pro with a 510 connection, would I be able to get a 901 adapter that would work with that particular model?

Thanks, by the way, that was very helpful.

Also, and I'm sure I could find this info elsewhere, but since you mentioned regulated power, do you know if the Infinity Pro is going to have regulated power? Did the original?

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
It's just a connector. I prefer 808, both my Infinity and Buzz Pro are 808 connectors, due to preferring the threading/ruggedness of 808 compared to 510, and like 808 cartos (not an atty user). Things like dual, and now even triple, coil cartos mean nothing to me -- I vape at higher voltage, generally run 3.1 - 3.4 ohm cartos up around 5V/8 watts, so lower resistance is a shrug.

That's the exact reason I wanna go with a VV device. I don't wanna hassle with trying to find the right ohm/coil number carto that runs a certain juice best. And I also would hate to load up a carto with 2ml of my favorite juice only to find out that it scorches the flavor out of it, or is too low in power to get the proper flavor. Those are hassles I'm dealing with now, and it's such a nuisance. VV seems to be nuisance-free for the most part. Am I pretty much right about that?

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Either 510 or 808 (if it's offered). The adapters do work well, but if you personally prefer one or the other get it, then you won't need an adapter most of the time. My Infinity with adapter works fine, but I do prefer my Buzz Pro without it.

901 and 808 are pretty similar -- same diameter, threading, just that 808 includes slots for airflow, needed for cartos to work properly.

901/808 has the male threading on the PV side, with cartos/atties being the female part of the connection. 510 is the reverse of this -- female threaded PV, male threaded carto/atty. The 510 connector is a bit narrower diameter, and I believe the thread pitch may be different (finer).

I've seen reports of people stripping 510 connectors, although it's rare it does happen, while I don't recall running across similar things with 808 -- 808 connector is simply a bit heftier. If you choose to go 510, you may still want to pick up a shortie 510/510 extender, just so you do your active swapping against the cheap and easy to replace extender.

On a notcigs Infinity Pro, if Mike has updated the IP 808 connector compared to the original Infinity, so that the adapter is no longer likely to be needed, I would personally go with the 808 connector, for ruggedness and because as I've said I like 808 cartos at 3.1 - 3.4 ohms, will continue using 808 cartos when I pick up a tank to try. That's just me, others like 510 gear. I used a Riva 510 for several months, after starting with 808, had the same decision to make as you're looking at when I bought my Infinity; either choice will get you to a solid PV, excellent performer.

VV will indeed take care of easily tuning the power for different liquids. Avoid real low ohms, they just aren't needed, basically waste current. I like 3 ohms and change because it lets me easily adjust the power; at 3.5V I'm down to 4W, while at 5.5V I'm at 10W (I tend not to care much above 8W, which is why I go for a little bit above 3 ohms). The wheel is easy to adjust, to find the right spot for a given carto/liquid, you don't even think of it after a few uses, just automatically dial it up or down a bit.

Last edited:

ipetbumblebees

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Chicago, IL
Either 510 or 808 (if it's offered). The adapters do work well, but if you personally prefer one or the other get it, then you won't need an adapter most of the time. My Infinity with adapter works fine, but I do prefer my Buzz Pro without it.

901 and 808 are pretty similar -- same diameter, threading, just that 808 includes slots for airflow, needed for cartos to work properly.

901/808 has the male threading on the PV side, with cartos/atties being the female part of the connection. 510 is the reverse of this -- female threaded PV, male threaded carto/atty. The 510 connector is a bit narrower diameter, and I believe the thread pitch may be different (finer).

I've seen reports of people stripping 510 connectors, although it's rare it does happen, while I don't recall running across similar things with 808 -- 808 connector is simply a bit heftier. If you choose to go 510, you may still want to pick up a shortie 510/510 extender, just so you do your active swapping against the cheap and easy to replace extender.

On a notcigs Infinity Pro, if Mike has updated the IP 808 connector compared to the original Infinity, so that the adapter is no longer likely to be needed, I would personally go with the 808 connector, for ruggedness and because as I've said I like 808 cartos at 3.1 - 3.4 ohms, will continue using 808 cartos when I pick up a tank to try. That's just me, others like 510 gear. I used a Riva 510 for several months, after starting with 808, had the same decision to make as you're looking at when I bought my Infinity; either choice will get you to a solid PV, excellent performer.

VV will indeed take care of easily tuning the power for different liquids. Avoid real low ohms, they just aren't needed, basically waste current. I like 3 ohms and change because it lets me easily adjust the power; at 3.5V I'm down to 4W, while at 5.5V I'm at 10W (I tend not to care much above 8W, which is why I go for a little bit above 3 ohms). The wheel is easy to adjust, to find the right spot for a given carto/liquid, you don't even think of it after a few uses, just automatically dial it up or down a bit.

Wow, that's exactly all the info I was looking for. Thanks!

The only reason I was not considering the 808 is because you said you were having problems with your 808 connection on the original Infinity, but the Infinity Pro seems to be quite an overhaul over the original, so maybe it wouldn't be an issue on that one.

Are 808 and 901 cartos generally longer than 510's? What about price-wise, is there much of a difference? The extra airflow of the 808 is making me heavily lean toward it now. Are cartos for 808's difficult to find? More expensive than 510 cartos generally, or about the same? Do you notice a higher quality flavor with the 808 cartos? (You may have already answered that last one, sorry if you did). I'm just trying to absorb all of this info so I can make the right decision.

And how you say that you eventually don't even have to think about it, and just instinctively dial up or dial, depending on the juice, that's the exact convenience I'm looking for with VV. I'm not even sure if I would like HV, but at least the Infinity would give me a chance to try it out, and if I don't like it, I can always keep it at a lower setting. That way, I haven't wasted a lot of money on a HV mod that I'm not into.

Simplicity is definitely what I'm looking for. Filling up a carto, screwing it in, dial in the voltage, good to go. To me, that sounds as simple as it's gonna get.

Thanks again,
Dave

Last edited:

Tri

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2011
Notts UK
i'm in exactly the same position, but even more of a noob :blush: i want an infinity pro but don't know whether to go 901/808/510.

think i will predominately use 510 carto's ect because i think there more readily available in the UK.
But at the same time don't want to close up any options.

i do think that soon after i get a Infinity pro i will be trying to get my hands on a rebuild-able like the Bulli A2

i would also like to know which option is most popular though for resale purposes too incase i don't get on with my purchase,

Any advice appreciated

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
i have to assume the 510 more popular unless carto lovers differ (808?).
You will always be able to get adapters either way (although i am not familiar with 808)....
My favorite atty is 901 so i have a 901 Buzz Pro... but i am always using adapters for 510/306/i06 attys too.
My favorite carto is Iken Fusion and it's a 801 connection... they don't make a better carto imo...one of the reason i love it (besides best flavor and vapor) is it has the regular 510/901 cylinder, so you can use a 510 d/t on it. Fusions are super in tanks too.

btw although the Infinity is super, it is a slim profile, and i think a Bulli or a tank would be more supported on the Buzz Pro. IMO Infinity is for attys/cartos and stealth and carrying about.

i'm in exactly the same position, but even more of a noob :blush: i want an infinity pro but don't know whether to go 901/808/510.

think i will predominately use 510 carto's ect because i think there more readily available in the UK.
But at the same time don't want to close up any options.

i do think that soon after i get a Infinity pro i will be trying to get my hands on a rebuild-able like the Bulli A2

i would also like to know which option is most popular though for resale purposes too incase i don't get on with my purchase,

Any advice appreciated

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
The upside to a 808/901 connector is its more rugged. You can add a 510 adapter and its the same length as the 510 cap. Not only that, but by adding a 510 adapter onto the 808/901 connection, you get a little bit of control over the airflow. ;) Carto draw is too tight? Just screw the adapter down more and now its not :)

I have stripped several 510s by pocket carrying them. You wont strip a 808/901. At least with a dapter you can replace it for a few bucks. You can get adapters from goodprophets for like 1.50

BTW the 808 on anything notcigs makes will work with 901 or 808 ;)

Im with Uke theres nothing better for a carto over the fusion :)

Last edited:

Tri

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2011
Notts UK
The upside to a 808/901 connector is its more rugged. You can add a 510 adapter and its the same length as the 510 cap. Not only that, but by adding a 510 adapter onto the 808/901 connection, you get a little bit of control over the airflow

BTW the 808 on anything notcigs makes will work with 901 or 808 ;)
so if i got the 808 infinity and put a 808 to 510 adapter it would be the same length as if i'd got the 510 infinity,

and really your saying i can't go much wrong with the 808

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread