Not open for further replies.

James Hart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2010
toms_river.nj.us
www.myselfalone.com
Hello all,

I'm very happy with my pair of red Mini VapeStacks, but happened upon a GLV-2 Mini reference on the forums. After a few days of reading and researching these cool looking little mods, I need to have one :)

I'm using Royalsmoker's E2 510 cartos and getting drip like vape with no fuss... I have the XL versions so I fill it and I'm good to go for almost 2 full days. These are 2.5 ohm cartos and I have no intent on going over 3.7v (I had a 5v passthru and prefer the 3.7v).

Anyway, my big question is can some of you give me opinions on the GLV-2 3.7 vs. the GLV-2 Mini? Any GLV users ever used any of the madvapes 'stack' mods willing to compare them?

Thanks and I cannot wait to place my pre order :vapor:

James Hart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2010
toms_river.nj.us
www.myselfalone.com
Thanks for the reply.

I meant 3.6v since the options for the full sized model are 6v, 5v or 3.6v. I am mostly interested in the additional life gained by adding a second 16340 but resisting it back to the voltage of a single 16340? I would assume that a portion of it is converted to heat at the resister. I think I prefer the Mini (the super mini is too mini I think... but it's still a thought), but since my XL cartos get me almost 2 days of vaping... adding extra battery life while still in the 3.6v range might be cool.

Once I get all this worked out... then the biggest issue comes into play. What color to choose???? I think I have it narrowed to 4... the black lava, nebula green, starbrite orange copper or the blue purple flip-flop :laugh:

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
:) I am man enough to admit I like pink... I have a pair of anodized aluminum drip tips in metallic pink that I use regularly.

Nice James, nothing wrong with that! As for joining the GLV family, I know how you feel. I have my new Mini sitting here staring at me and waiting on my batts to arrive tomorrow to make this union official.

James you said you get 2 days out of an XL Carto, seriously? How much do you vape? I usually use about 2 regular cartos a day, so maybe I need to switch to these. Of course I'm ordering a drip tip to give that a shot as well.

James Hart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2010
toms_river.nj.us
www.myselfalone.com
I saw your plight and if you were closer to NJ, I was going to invite you to come borrow a couple of my 16340s. I have 9 of them in rotation!

As for the cartos... I cannot say enough good about them! Here is the manufactures page Edition 2 Cartomizers and Clearomizers RoyalSmokers CE2 I buy them from Bruce at Clouds of Vapor. I vape pretty regular. I think I'm doing about 1ml a day. I was a 1/2 pack a day smoker before switching this summer.

These are like using a bottom feeder or wet pack. The carto is a ceramic element suspended above a reservoir with a wick.
Here are my MVS / XL carto / pink drip tip set up.
2010-09-29-mini_vapestack02.jpg

Keep in mind the cartos are like $12 for a 5 pack... I've been using my one main carto for 3 months. If it gets a little funky, pop the caps out, rinse in hot tap water, dry burn a moment or 2, refill... and BAM! like new :)

Brutus Buckeye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Body in Knoxville, TN
www.facebook.com
Thanks James, I appreciate that. Postman will be here soon and it will be an early Christmas present, hell I'm coming home at lunch just to get them and go back to the office to charge them up and get started! LOL

Thanks for the link, hadn't seen these before and will check them out. So they have to be filled with a syringe, no condom fill?

James Hart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2010
toms_river.nj.us
www.myselfalone.com
Thanks for the link, hadn't seen these before and will check them out. So they have to be filled with a syringe, no condom fill?

yes, and no burned cotton fill either :)

I use a blunt tip syringe from Clouds of vapor. It's a *little* to big... so it takes a little effort to get it in at first, but works great now. I also have a regular syringe left over from subcutaneous fluid injections for a cat we hospiced while he was succoming to cancer. It worked great for PG, but now that I use 100% VG, it's far too skinny to let the thicker juice pass.

James Hart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2010
toms_river.nj.us
www.myselfalone.com
Wait a minute, so you are using a drip tip on the cartos???

yup! I hate the feel of cartos... it's like tail piping :)

A 510 drip tip fits nicely in 510 or 808 cartos if you pull the little white tip insert from them. Even when I was using my V4L / Vapor King 808 stuff, I used a drip tip on the cartos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread