thinking of upgrading to a Smok Mag..opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexisvapes

Apr 5, 2018
I've heard a ton of good reviews on the smok Mag Kit. I'm thinking of upgrading my little smok V8 Baby to one.. I'm a big fan of my vape but I want something bigger. Any complaints on this kit?

my current vapes
IMG_7911.jpg

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
If I only had Smok sticks I'd upgrade to anything from any company. Overcharge protection on them doesn't seem to be great, as at the very least the last 5 exploding mods I've seen (including 2 this week) have all been Smok sticks with what very much appears to be overcharge protection failures.

Novasonic

Nov 26, 2013
Ohio, US
better chipset w more accurate TC.
Does one need this with a tank though?

The biggest issue I’ve heard of with the mag is the way they did the battery sled eject button means it’s the only mod that comes in right and left handed versions
Good point. I am right handed, but I got a left handed Mag, and I actually like it as I am touching the buttons right handed, like a phone. Haven't found issues when I hold it with my right hand though.

Hawt

Mar 14, 2018
Over my head
If I only had Smok sticks I'd upgrade to anything from any company. Overcharge protection on them doesn't seem to be great, as at the very least the last 5 exploding mods I've seen (including 2 this week) have all been Smok sticks with what very much appears to be overcharge protection failures.

Ouch!:shock:

I went with a smok stick :?:

Day 3 getting ready to start up.

ATM, it's on my night stand, next to my head, charging on my LG V10's quick fast usb charger.

I'm typing this, as I place it on the floor next to the bed, while suspicously eyeing it, thinking it does sorta look like a pipe bomb. :gulp:

• Winner
Reactions: AngeNZ

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If I had to go with a smok anything, it would probably be the Smok Mag kit, I've heard no complaints from users and quite a bit of good feedback.

It's true that it's not the "latest and greatest" chip and there are other mods that might offer you more (the Cylon is certainly a good choice) and Smok isn't known for super accurate TC.

However, if you like smok, use mostly VW rather than TC, and the kit seems like it would suit your needs, I'd say go for it. It doesn't really 100% matter if something is the "latest and greatest," what matters most is going to be your satisfaction with the device and if it interests you, suits your vaping style and etc. I see no reason NOT to get it, either.

Anna

Reactions: Hawt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread