This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota

Status
Not open for further replies.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
I'm getting this message more and more lately.
At the time of writing there's around 70 users online. Sure that's not too much?

Please contact this site's webmaster.

Wait a few minutes and use your browser's "Back" button or click here to try again.

If you are the webmaster, your account may have gotten this error for one or more of the following reasons:

* Your account has used more than its share of the cpu in the past 60 second sliding window.
* Your account has too many concurrent processes running simultanously.
* Your account has consumed too much memory.
* Your site was recently very busy trying to run inefficient scripts.

The solution would be to optimize your applications to use less CPU.
Adding appropriate indeces to your SQL tables can often help reduce CPU.
Using static .html documents instead of painful .php scripts will practically eliminate CPU usage.

SuziQ

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2008
Nr London, UK
I have started getting this quite a lot too. I could understand more if it was when our US mates are up and about as well as us over the other side of the water, but it happens in the early part of the day most and that is when they should all be sleeping like babes.

I could have my times for various parts of the US mixed up, but there is definitely a time when they all start to appear on here again

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hey guys - I'm really sorry about the message - I know how irritating it is. Imagine that popping up when you are trying to back up the database! Aaaaagh.

Anyway, I am trying to sort out some hosting - it just comes down to money. I need to pay for the full year in advance to get the best deal so I am waiting for enough from the sponsorship and the advertising to get me 1/2 way there - we are nearly there, I promise!

It's already been an expensive hobby building this forum (time and money), and I don't want to rush into a contract I can't afford - especially in these difficult times.

Again, I'm really sorry for all the problems you are experiencing.

Take care,

SJ

Zolabud

Verified Member
Nov 28, 2008
East Sussex.UK.
I got that 'Server is busy' message twice yesterday,and twice this morning...
Yesterday I clicked on 'Todays Posts'and it got me in,but it hasn't worked since.
Only just got back on after twice trying to post this very reply,and both times it just went straight to 'The server is busy' again...

Sigh....

I'm just glad I can hunker down in Trogs cave...
But I have spent a bit of time on there in the last few days and now I want a Screwdriver for Christmas please....
I am so skint....But I LOVE my 901.....!:thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread