The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

This Bakero wire thing..

Discussion in 'Philippines Forum' started by Telescope Neil, Mar 1, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Telescope Neil

Telescope Neil Senior Member ECF Veteran

Anyone have tried this yet? it's coming to a point that people outside of the Philippines has already looked into it but many are skeptical, including me. I'm thinking of getting one for myself to try, but has anyone else used it? do you think its a real valid thing to produce so much vapor just because of this wire?

2. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Have not tried the "Bakero" version, but I have tried Fettuccine or ribbon wire from Chief Vapers. I think that the ribbon wire will help in producing more vapor, but a lot of the vids with crazy plumes have more to do with build and hardware. A lot the vids have guys using RA's with 2mm bored air holes and even dual coils. Take a look at the vapelyfe vid on Vaping Monkeys youtube page and you will see that those kind of plumes can even be made with regular kanthal wire. As pinoy vapers here in the Philippines always say...it's all in the build.

3. Telescope Neil

Telescope Neil Senior Member ECF Veteran

I know that it's all in the build, but i think the idea of a wire creating a big difference is just kinda crazy. i

4. itsalbertduhh

itsalbertduhh Full Member Verified Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    I think the wire has a wider surface that covers the wick. Much larger portions of the wick are being heated by the wire causing it to produce more vapor. I'm not so sure about my info but that's how I see it.

5. schmicknick

schmicknick Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2013
    Midwest USA
    ... I ordered some kanthal ribbon (as close as could be figured to match) to give it a go... I agree the increased surface area will be something to explore...
    ...build + room conditions also... a high humidity environment creates exceptionally large plumes...as someone else mentioned..
    ...good luck.. cheers, ~M

6. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Seems like it's the low Ω that you can get with the flat along with a large contact area that makes all the steam...
    almost any sub 1Ω coil will make a ton of plumes, just harder to keep it fed.

I

Kill your toaster...steal wire....

7. gravewolf

gravewolf Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2012
    Philippines
    I'm also interested in these wires, but I'm thinking of making one myself by just laminating some kanthal to make it wider.

8. rfurton

rfurton Moved On

Sep 4, 2012
    Manila
    Will this wire work on my Provari? My Provari can't take lower than 1.5 ohms.

9. ChicagoGuy

ChicagoGuy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've used it on my Provari V2 and Provari Mini V2 running at 1 ohm at 3.6 V. Is there something wrong with your Vari?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.